Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
10 I think.
So 7 with Snooping, or even 6 with Snooping and Adaptive Goggles, but you need to wear it/them all the time which is inconvenient a little, and if you also using +2 Perception from JS, it is VERY inconvenient.
So realistically speaking, 7 + Snooping is a best combination, or if you are extremal autist - 4 + Snooping, +2 from JS, + AG, but I never heard about such people.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I guess this means the hopper remains uncaught.

M0WFfpG.png

My complaints remain the same. Stealth was useful for capturing hoppers, but not so much when it came to the psi beetles in the building, which were health sponges even though I bought the highest damage guns available.

Black Angel

Arcane
Hey guys, I just found something new, at least I didn't see it before.

This guy was in building, but when he become suspicious (orange eye) he went out to the place I was.
But he didn't get red eye, he didn't see me.
When this was added?
What do you mean 'when this was added'? He was there since release, as far as I know. I ambushed him on my way to Balor.

Or did you mean him getting orange eye but not red eye? Maybe you approached him too close to the point of orange eye, but backed off enough as to not getting red eye. In any case, every time a human enemy gets orange eye they WILL approach the location where you gets them orange eye, iirc.

:salute:

My complaints remain the same. Stealth was useful for capturing hoppers, but not so much when it came to the psi beetles in the building, which were health sponges even though I bought the highest damage guns available.
There are only 3 psi-beetles in the building, placed quite spaciously from one another. This is just another case of you sucking at timing your point n' clicking. Or you could've increase your Stealth skill from leveling or buy +Stealth and/or +AGI gears (if you haven't already). Of course, simply sneaking around them might not be the best because you could get Newton killed, so one of them is isolated and could easily be cornered, while the other two can be lured near an explosive barrel and, voila, cleared up abandoned building.

Also, when you kill some of those beetles, you might get a Psi-Beetle Carapace. It's a crafting component which could increase DT of Tactical Vest (and maybe some other armors, I forgot), aside from enhancing psionics. That's the reason why they were bullet-spongey, even against guns with high damage at the time. If you listened to some NPCs advice on how to fight them, you should know you ought to corner them or shoot them only when their brains are exposed. Or if you really don't want to waste bullets, just throw a 'nades or two, even with 0 Throwing you could throw fine at medium range.

I see you've already done it, though, so maybe others can benefit from this advice ;)

Lhynn

Arcane
Bettles caparaces are very hard, also their melee attack is slightly weaker but they will never explose their brains in melee.
There are several ways to approach this, first one is at range, with a heavy hitting attack when they expose their brains to use psi powers, second one is forcing them into melee with a decent vest, dodge is nearly useless at the start of the game, so even if you are built for it dont be afraid to use heavy armor. also remember that you can shoot them at a distance then use over to force them to move without attacking, then poping out, shooting and using cover again.

you dont need stealth for hoppers, you can just enter in combat and get close to them/use the trap in your own turn.

Black Angel

Arcane
Belive it or not I didn't see it in 5 years before.
It is a first one I saw who doing like that.
Heh, then you're in for some surprise. If you haven't knew already, I also forgot to mention that EVERY enemy, whether organic or mechanical, when they are near one another and you trigger one of them to orange eye, they all get orange eye.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
EVERY enemy, whether organic or mechanical, when they are near one another and you trigger one of them to orange eye, they all get orange eye.
I I noticed this long ago, but this watchman behavior really surprised me.
Like I killed them before they can act everytime before?

Black Angel

Arcane
I checked it and you are wrong - no one from that point behaved like this.
Only this one watcher.
Hmm.... now that I try to remember, it was actually with the Junkyard muties - the ones who are still sane enough to wield weapons. I was snooping about, when I got too close to one of their dogs, triggered red eye with them, and had combat initiated. However, the dog was too far to reach me, so I stay in stealth state. Then, one of the muties approach, having orange eye, whispering, "Hmm...", giving the impression that they would behave that way.

I have to test this further. Maybe it's because the game's version is currently experimental?

Sykar

Arcane
I checked it and you are wrong - no one from that point behaved like this.
Only this one watcher.
Hmm.... now that I try to remember, it was actually with the Junkyard muties - the ones who are still sane enough to wield weapons. I was snooping about, when I got too close to one of their dogs, triggered red eye with them, and had combat initiated. However, the dog was too far to reach me, so I stay in stealth state. Then, one of the muties approach, having orange eye, whispering, "Hmm...", giving the impression that they would behave that way.

I have to test this further. Maybe it's because the game's version is currently experimental?

Not anymore.

Latelistener

Arcane
Has anyone figured out if there is a way to bring back the old font?
Never complained about it, but now everyone's stuck with Comic Sans.

bati

Scholar
It's been a while since I played and I'm planning on remaking my SMG spec but I'm too lazy to go through all the patch notes and I'd appreciate if someone could point out the blind spots. This was my template back then:

STR 3
DEX 8 (going to be 14 eventually)
AGI 7
CON 3
PER 9
WIL 3
INT 7

Skills:

Guns - max
Throwing - 45

Evasion - max
Dodge - leftover points at endgame will go here, it's a waste with Smart goggles but all the other stats are accounted for at that point
Stealth - max
Lockpicking & Hacking - enough to reach ~130 effective + Huxkey

Biology - ~30 effective (I forgot what for, possibly acid resistance or regenerative vest)
Mechanics, Chemistry, Electronics, Tailoring - 120 effective (+ bench bonuses on top)

Gear:

Smart Rapid <best smg frame> <best barrel>, requirement is to make best use of AP, so 16 or 12 AP per burst
Smart NVG
Galvanic Overcoat with steatlh bonus
Ninja Tabi boots
Bullet Strap Belt
Some kind of shield, probably high frequency

Feats:

Expertise, Hit & Run, Nimble, Opportunist, Pack Rathound, Paranoia, Suppresive Fire, Interloper, Escape Artist, Grenadier, Ballistics, Three-Pointer, Spec Ops, Commando

tldr - stealth spec with SMGs and grenades, strongly backed by crafting.

Alternatively, recommend me a spec (preferably with stealth) that can match the kill rate of the above build. I was wiping out groups of 5-6 enemies in 1 or 2 turns.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Dex was nerfed, all Dex build saffered from it, but SMG not that much given that it was powerful build.
Its just you can't shot that many bursts as before, it's all I can say, because SMG and assault rifle isn't my cup of tea, so I never played it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Styg I have strange results in enemy scripts - e.g. I found watcher this post and every time he got orange eye he chased my char.
I tested, but other has inconstancy in such behavior - they only act like this if you switched to turn-based mode while they have orange eye, but not always.

I'm asking just to be sure it isn't bugged, so if dont want to spoil their scripts don't tell anything.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Styg I have strange results in enemy scripts - e.g. I found watcher this post and every time he got orange eye he chased my char.
I tested, but other has inconstancy in such behavior - they only act like this if you switched to turn-based mode while they have orange eye, but not always.

I'm asking just to be sure it isn't bugged, so if dont want to spoil their scripts don't tell anything.

Yeah, there seems to be a bug that prevents this behavior from being triggered in a lot of cases. I'll look into it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
GMS Compound was the first area I liked. The first level is Vault 15 part 2, but sneaking past the sentries and cameras on level 2 was fun, as was activating the turret and cleaning up on level 3. I got to feel the sting of :balance: when I saw that all grenades have a shared cooldown.

I really don't like how after every quest I have to go through the dull routine of selling select crap to multiple merchants and buying ever-so-slightly-better weapon/armor replacements.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom