Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wartile - Tabletop simulation Strategy on Kickstarter

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
Hello Dr. Bachmann

Thanks for writing us.

We have been quite busy lately but thought I would just get back to you.

We often hear that Wartile should be a turn based game I think mostly because it flirts with the turn/based game mechanics and even having tiles.

I don't know if you have tried the Demo on Steam, but if you have, I am quite sure that you would agree that Wartile offers the player a whole new game-play experience that you have not seen in any other game. While we can still make many things better, we have a game mechanic that creates a new space in the RTS genre and I see no reason why we should not pursue and optimize this unique opportunity.

We have received very positive feedback from our users and it would be sad to turn the game into a turn-based game knowing that there are already hundreds of really good turn-based games out there to be played.

We want to give you a game experience that are good but also different, and we have learned as you mention, that this is something that will take some time to convince the core gaming communities about.

Kind regards

Michael Rud Jakobsen
It's cute that he thinks a real-time game would be unique. I assume this is just a language deficiency and he meant "annoying to play".

Bustamonte, having directly contacted a developer with a question that potential customers wanted an answer to, you have now completed more actual journalism than professional game journalists complete in a year. I hope you weren't interested in working at Gamespot, as you are now overqualified.

Where do I sign up for my free doritos and mountain dew?

I'll have to ask felipepe our resident gamergate "neutral".

I am not surprised to get a retarded response but at least I tried.

J1M

Arcane
The response is quite useful. It shows that everyone in this thread that asked about turn-based mechanics can stop following this developer.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
This game is 60% off on GOG.com right now. Can anyone recommend it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom