Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eador Imperium

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://store.steampowered.com/app/477730/

Eador. Imperium is a standalone expansion for Eador series, known for its unique blend of grand strategy, turn-based tactics and RPG elements. Launching now in Early Access, Eador. Imperium features new heroes, new units and new gameplay mechanics for the series with more to come soon.

At the moment players can try out 4 new heroes and 15 new units. For this purpose we prepared 4 special shard scenarios starring each of the new heroes, with proper grounds to test new units as well. New heroes are not yet available in ‘Shard battles’, but this is coming very soon.

Full version of Eador. Imperium is going to feature a brand new single player campaign, about 15 more new units (in addition to the current new ones) and a new gameplay system based on Masters and rituals. All original Eador content included.

Join us as we're shaping up the next chapter of Eador!

Early Access Start features:
  • 15 new units
  • New winter Shard World
  • New tactical map
  • 4 new heroes:
- Legate: a high-ranking officer of the Imperial legion. Legates never deign to command rank and file troopers in the field; their duty is to lead the high-ranked elite units. When a legate reaches level 10, she is bestowed with the honors of a lictor - at this point, she leaves behind her rank 2 units as well. On the other hand, no one can lead as many rank 3 and 4 units into battle as a legate - and especially the lictor - does.

- Lich: a mighty wizard and a master of necromancy. So horrible is his visage that no mortal is willing to join the ranks of his army. However, his necrotic aura is so powerful it makes the dead rise from their graves and follow him on their own, every turn. As his level increases, more powerful creatures join him, although they need more time to hear his call.

- Sorceress: an innate magician lacking formal education of a wizard. Sorceresses do not study their spells in libraries or memorize them from scrolls; rather, they gain their magic in a mystic insight as they gain levels. Although their power ceiling is lower than that of trained wizards, old sorceresses can often access a wide array of very diverse enchantments, and they can cast any of them at will as many times as they have spell slots of a respective rank.

- Pilot: a pilot of an airship, capable of crossing great distances over the air. However, an airship needs time and a plenty of space to take off or land. It cannot land or take off vertically; it needs to be done in the direction of a neighboring province, and takes one turn to accomplish. Crossing water and mountains requires advanced piloting skills, a pilot can achieve that beginning with level 10 and 20 respectively. A pilot cannot attack fortified provinces from the air, be it enemy capital or a godforsaken distant outpost.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Did anyone here play the latest Eador game?
I played the original one and I quit it because it forced you to rush missions as enemy would get so strong you could not nothing anymore if you wait too long.
Was that problem in latest Eador game as well?

When a legate reaches level 10, she is bestowed with the honors of a lictor - at this point, she leaves behind her rank 2 units as well.
NOPE.jpg

I don't buy shit that randomly misuses historical terms. A legate commanded a legion; a lictor was merely a pleb who carries a high-ranking official's ceremonial fasces. Decline.

I played the original one and I quit it because it forced you to rush missions as enemy would get so strong you could not nothing anymore if you wait too long.
The biggest problem was the AI finding advanced guard units on early shards. The last time I played it was entirely possible for the AI the have tier 3 minotaurs or golems stationed in their capital when the very best units available to me were only tier two making it almost impossible to complete the shard without hours and hours of grinding up secondary armies to win by attrition.

Arrowgrab

Arbiter

I only played Eador: Genesis and gave up on the bloody thing for exactly the same reason. After a while, the enemy had built strong enough garrisons in EVERY province that I couldn't take one with my main army without losing a good chunk of it; while my entire treasury was only enough to hire garrisons in maybe 3-4 provinces tops, and those would be little more than a speed bump for the enemy. It was fucking ridiculous.

Yeesh

Magister
I played Masters of the Broken World and thought it was fun enough. Obviously repetitive but you know that going in. I didn't like the randomness of battles available for leveling combined with the randomness of upgrade choices when you do level, or maybe I'm just saying I wish the upgrades were more balanced with fewer shit options.

One thing I can say is that it sure looked exactly like what's in that trailer, so is this a full new game that should really just be DLC? I'm watching you, Eador.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Standalone Masters of the Broken World expansion? Pass. Genesis is less buggy, plays faster and looks better and more clear.

Old One

Arcane
I'm unashamed to admit I solved the grind of Genesis by constructing a profile in a RAM editor that allowed me to zero the hit points of every unit in an enemy army instantly. That way I only ever bothered playing out the battles that looked interesting. I mean, how many times can you fight a battle against a group of Light Infantry Guards? Damn, that got boring.

I always enjoyed the part of the game that involved having heroes search provinces, complete quests, and explore ruins, but because the only way to win is to grab as much territory as fast as possible before your opponents get it, that part tends to fall by the wayside. It's like one aspect of the game conflicts with the other. I still enjoyed Genesis quite a lot, even though I didn't manage to finish it.

I never played MoTBW, thankfully, and none of the announced features in Imperium seem like things that will actually improve the game.

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
When a legate reaches level 10, she is bestowed with the honors of a lictor - at this point, she leaves behind her rank 2 units as well.
NOPE.jpg

I don't buy shit that randomly misuses historical terms. A legate commanded a legion; a lictor was merely a pleb who carries a high-ranking official's ceremonial fasces. Decline.
:roll:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
NOPE.jpg

Urmom carried a high-ranking official's faeces.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://snowbirdgames.com/blog/?p=2568

Eador. Imperium — Release date + Reddit AMA

Hi everyone,

We’re happy to announce that full version of Eador. Imperium is coming out this Friday 27th!

HUGE thanks to all players who joined us during Early Access. Your help in finding and reporting problems, as well as suggesting your feedback has been and continues to be invaluable. We feel really grateful to have such a unique, responsive and understanding community.

The release version of Imperium will see the inclusion of the long-awaited new single-player campaign (hope you like it!) and some other nice bonuses, like achievements, Steam trading cards and Steam Workshop, where you’ll be able to download community-created scenarios or upload yours. All the good stuff.

We also invite you to join our AMA on the /r/games subreddit, that will happen this Thursday (we’ll make another announcement right before it starts). AMA stands for “Ask me anything”, so if you have something to ask us, not necessarily gaming-related, feel free to do so!

See you soon.

Jinn

Arcane
So, has anyone tried this since it's full release? It looks like it could be really good, but I'm waiting for impressions before throw my money at it.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I'm cautious of this because MotBW ended up being inferior to the original, but a genuine expansion sounds nice, especially new heroes.

looks like it's again the very same game with limited additions but no real improvements and lots of new bugs.
been there, done that.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
I bought it during EA and played it over the weekend. Do not buy this yet, if at all. It's not good and has some pretty bad performance problems. First of all, it only seems to be able to run in a few resolutions without the mouse cursor not knowing where it is. Imagine clicking a button by clicking the screen a few inches away from it. Also, there are horrible framerate drops and stutter, even on my fairly decent computer (GTX 1080, Core i7 6700k @ 4 GHz, 16 GB RAM).

I tried the campaign, but they removed the old style of campaign from the first two and replaced it with some kind of story-related campaigns. The first mission, I started as a level 10 necromancer and had 100 turns to finish some kind of quest. I ended up giving up shortly after starting because of the performance problems making battles tedious as fuck. Battle speed slider was replaced with normal, fast, and instant options. Normal and fast are the same speed, as far as I can tell, and instant is too hard for me to keep up with what's going on, so stuff really drags on when you include the times it drops to 1-2 frames per second during attack animations (had instant movement and fast attack animations).

I was hoping they'd just add a few hero classes, buildings, and units and take another stab at fixing the old campaign system, perhaps by making it so you could actually afford to use the boosts you unlocked.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
...they removed the old style of campaign from the first two and replaced it with some kind of story-related campaigns. The first mission, I started as a level 10 necromancer and had 100 turns to finish some kind of quest.
That sounds awful.
Time limits in strategy games are rarely excusable. I have only found them acceptable in Battle for Wesnoth.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Here's a review on Steam that reflects my thoughts:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006198755/recommended/477730/

Excerpt:
There does not appear to be any grand campaign. There is no day after day long campaign where you build up your buildings and troops from scratch that I can see. First campaign that I chose and I already had access to allies and tier IV buildings and had several tiles already occupied around my capital city. I mean, seriously, wtf?
Instead I find myself locked into a scenario, chosen randomly by me, that has a TURN LIMIT.
A TURN LIMIT.

Edit: I just wanted to be clear that this isn't my review, but somebody with similar thoughts to mine.

Last edited:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
I just tried it again, and the game seems playable. I'm playing through the first campaign, which is a series of story missions. Nothing seems to carry over between scenarios in the first campaign, but at least they got rid of the damn turn limit. I don't prefer starting with a guy at level 10, but the new hero classes are pretty neat. There's one not mentioned in the OP called a sentinel who is warrior who gets no equipment, but his level up bonuses are crazy. He's also immune to poison, which is the thing that usually gets me killed the most anyway. He's not as good as a fully decked-out warrior, but finding all the best equipment can be difficult.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in to say that the game is at least playable now. The performance is pretty solid and only one of the scenarios I played (out of 4 so far) seemed to crash a lot.

The one thing I really didn't like is that there's an encounter with one of the game developers after you play a little bit where he begs you to leave a good review of the game and tries to make you feel bad if you thought Imperium was shit when it came out.

Latro

Arcane
so have they turned this game around? all recent reviews seem fairly positive and they're still releasing regular patches + content

Aothan

Magister
yea I would like to know as well I've been thinking about the game in recent days

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom