Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Secret societies? I can't wait to get inducted into a mystic order and divine ancient lore from texts long forgotten.

Now let's all get drunk and play jeu de paume!

Barbarian

Arcane
Sounds like another shitty "events and gimmicks" pack, to be honest. I would be interested in having them actually fixing and improving core gameplay. Crusades haven't been touched in ages, for instance, and they never worked properly.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
They figured that what their customers what is the game to feel more like an rpg, with a constant fucking stream of events spawning every turn.

Instead of fixing the ridiculous combat and the retarded AI, they just force their writers to keep spewing this infantile shit, while their artists make a few new paintings and sprites.

Paradox are as bad as Activision, EA or ubisoft.

Barbarian

Arcane
It wouldn't be so terrible if the swedes could actually write for shit, but they can't. The event chains are incredibly silly, usually have 2 to 3 possible outcomes and get old real fast(you will be tired of them by the second time they show up usually).

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Yeah, the events are mostly bad and silly. In an average CK2 game who get more hindustani eunuchs in your court than the average caliph.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They figured that what their customers what is the game to feel more like an rpg, with a constant fucking stream of events spawning every turn.

Instead of fixing the ridiculous combat and the retarded AI, they just force their writers to keep spewing this infantile shit, while their artists make a few new paintings and sprites.

Paradox are as bad as Activision, EA or ubisoft.

they are worse, no ea or activision game got 100 dlc

LizardWizard

Cipher
index.php

Took them long enough

:d1p:

Barbarian

Arcane
Thought it was a joke when I saw your post. Had to check in their forums and everything.

This is certainly good stuff though. Items and modifiers are already in the game, now you will be able to see them, inherit them, steal them, etc. I doubt the swedes will do much historical and fun stuff with it, but modders will.

If they actually go the mile and add stuff like Joyeuse, Curtana, Lobera and the more famous religious relics I will be happy.

Last edited:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Dang. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...k2-dev-diary-33-lets-talk-about-sects.986617/ and https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...bout-artifacts-real-talk-about-relics.988111/

It's like a DLC designed as mod bait. Cunning business decision from Paradox if players have to purchase a DLC to continue playing newer versions of mods.

Maybe by 2018 the engine will be advanced enough that Cleve can port Grimoire to CK2.

The items are going to be part of the free patch, so that shouldn't lock people out.

Still, the sects look like it could fit in with plenty of mods, so yeah.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I just gained immortality after about an hour of playing with Alexios Komnenos. I get the event chain in most games that I play, but it usually fails for some reason or another, so it's nice to finally get it. When The Reaper's Due came out, some people mentioned that there are very few real changes for immortal characters, and that nobody notices anything about your character celebrating his 140th birthday or whatever. But in one of the later patches, the notes mention "Immortality suspicion" events and some other stuff. So if anyone else has attained immortality: does it change the experience at all, apart from the obvious? Or can I basically just stomp everyone into the ground with my overpowered immortal Alexios forever?

Barbarian

Arcane

Barbarian

Arcane
Retarded, but they did say it will be possible to turn this particular society off in game rules so I don't care.

Other societies seem alright though. I specially like that the hashashin are now both a society and a holy order. Shoud be easy to mod in some nice features for the other holy orders.

I still think they should be focusing on the core mechanics.

I'd be interested to know what exactly you think the core mechanics still need. I'd like a nice big balance overhaul (Martial is way OP now and half the foci are useless) and big AI improvements to make it more competitive, but those aren't exactly something you can make a DLC for, and playable Theocracies are something they've said they just can't figure out how to make work.

Barbarian

Arcane
I still think they should be focusing on the core mechanics.

I'd be interested to know what exactly you think the core mechanics still need.

Crusades need some serious work, for one, as do holy wars in general. They are a core aspect of the game and never worked well.

I would like the crusades system to actually somewhat attempt to replicate history. As it stands you never get something like the 4th crusade in the game(a crusade being diverted), or something like the first crusade(a commitee of nobles winning the war and basically choosing a king among themselves and dividing conquered territory), or the small crusades lead by foreign rulers to help the kingdom of Jerusalem(i.e: Sigurd's crusade) .

As it stands the system is completely ahistorical and completely broken.

I could go on... character relations need some huge work as well. They need to add dynastic feuds. You can kill the entire family of a ruler, strip of all his titles, fuck his wife and do several other things and he won't even become your rival. All he will get is those silly opinion modifiers, and those will go away in one or two generations(the child or grandchild of the man whose life you destroyed will have nothing against you).

Barbarian

Arcane
Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre should be in. And I mean the actual thing(the knightly order allegedly founded by Godfrey when he became "advocate of the holy sepulchre"), and not some fictional orthodox holy order which never actually existed.

Also, Livonian Brothers of the Sword while they are at it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
5-year anniversary stream today on twitch at 16:00 CET - guess they might finally announce the release date for them satanic cults.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Oh for sure, they'll keep churning them out for as long as there's suckers loyal fans to appreciate their work!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom