Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced and Live on Fig

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mmm since they made 1 million practically the first day and they will probably make another the last 3 days of the campaign I would say that the will make at least 3 million total and somewhat around $3.5 and 4 is more likely

Dexter

Arcane
I look forward to buying this 50% off during the 2018 Steam Winter Sale.
75% Off or Bust, and I even liked PoE, even though I still haven't gotten around to finishing it. Fuck Fig!

The bottom line: the looks don't matter.
Are you calling Tim ugly?
160512-tim-kaine-mdl_570bf8bba7b36222977e8d07e688ad94.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Can't understand the fixation with Carrie Patel and what her looks got to do with her skill for the project...
Pink hair in game developers is generally concerning as it delineates a certain type of personality, but especially so in adults over 30:
uw1BYvh.jpg

Last edited:

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Congrats on reaching their goal with (currently) more pledgers than investors. Maybe PoE2 being shinier will make up for all its other shortcomings :M

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I hope they make classes more restricted. Otherwise they might as well go classless instead of dual-classing IMO.
I would also like to see racial class restrictions and combat experience.
This is my wishlist.
No... my demands.
If my demands are not met, something very bad is going to happen.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I look forward to buying this 50% off during the 2018 Steam Winter Sale.
75% Off or Bust, and I even liked PoE, even though I still haven't gotten around to finishing it. Fuck Fig!

The bottom line: the looks don't matter.
Are you calling Tim ugly?
160512-tim-kaine-mdl_570bf8bba7b36222977e8d07e688ad94.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Can't understand the fixation with Carrie Patel and what her looks got to do with her skill for the project...
Pink hair in game developers is generally concerning as it delineates a certain type of personality, but especially so in adults over 30:
uw1BYvh.jpg
Here those two "men" would be lynched :salute:

Sizzle

Arcane
I hope they make classes more restricted.

Me too. I hope they keep it somewhat consistent, so, for example, a fighter could take barbarian, paladin, and possibly monk, rogue and ranger levels, but couldn't multiclass to wizard, cipher and druid.

I also wonder how that will affect the companions. Eder could maybe take a couple of Priest of Eothas levels (if the incident hasn't completely put him off his god :D ), or maybe rogue - which was supposed to be his class at one point in PoE1's production :)

Whatever the case, the system seems like it will afford a lot more opportunities for interesting builds, but also like it will be a lot more difficult to properly tune and balance.

Suicidal

Arcane
What PoE 2 badly needs is better and more challenging encounter design. All the stuff like sub-classes, elemental interactions and etc. will be wasted if all you get to fight are identical packs of trash mobs and an occasional boss that doesn't even do much.

I'm playing White March right now and while they really did improve the difficulty of encounters compared to the base game, they still suffer from repetitiveness and as a result you fight and kill a bunch of monsters, which is more challenging than in pre-WM, yes, but after that you continue and encounter almost an identical group of monsters, you use the same tactics, kill them again then continue on and fight another similar group of monsters. It almost feels like I'm playing an MMO. And while each "type" of enemy group (spirits, lizardmen, fishmen, ogres) fights differently and has distinct monsters, the variation between encounters against the same type are almost non existent. I walk into a haunted cave/house and see a small bunch of ghosts - wow, no way is a much larger pack gonna spawn out of my asshole as soon as I attack like in the last 57 times.

There needs to be less trash and more diversity (not the :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues: kind) in encounters. Have enemies use terrain or obstacles to their advantage, decrease encounter frequency but make each group feel different, have more encounters with boss monsters, powerful wizards, etc.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I'm playing White March right now and while they really did improve the difficulty of encounters compared to the base game, they still suffer from repetitiveness and as a result you fight and kill a bunch of monsters, which is more challenging than in pre-WM, yes, but after that you continue and encounter almost an identical group of monsters, you use the same tactics

taylorism_scientific_management-696x359.png

Taylorism design. Obsidians at work. "Everyone has a function. They are very efficient!"

What allows them to make complex cRPGs really fast is the same checklist design that makes their games suck in the first place. They could be called “Taylorism Entertainment”, because their games are created on assembly lines. The producer, artists, programmers, level designers, writers, which working furiously in their particular roles to ensure a bland and massive disjointed game. That’s why you shouldn’t lose any sleep expecting any progress in the encounter design, because the worker who did this job, just made what he was told, i.e., place a bunch of enemies on this area to fill the map. The real decline is no the absence of cRPGs of yore due to lack of funding, but the belief that a superficial checklist design made by people with such disdain for traditional cRPGs can be a substitute for the real article.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Talk about cRPGs, gossip about developers, play some awesome classics, play some anemic modern games, bitch about the difference between the two, watch some tv shows and movies, talk about tv shows and movies, call "Infinitron" of a bunch of names, call developers of a bunch of names, shitpost with memes, fuck, get drunk, fuck, jerk off a litle bit, read, research, read, work, research, read, work, travel, work, fuck and start all over again. Don't worry about me, bra. My agenda is full.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Talk about cRPGs, gossip about developers, play some awesome classics, play some anemic modern games, bitch about the difference between the two, watch some tv shows and movies, talk about tv shows and movies, call "Infinitron" of a bunch of names, call developers of bunch of names, shitpost with memes, fuck, get drunk, fuck, jerk off a litle bit, read, research, read, work, research, read, work, travel, work, fuck and start all over again. Don't worry about me, bra. My agenda is full.
You forgot to add
"crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"

Jazz_

Arcane
So was "Wasteland", but try telling that to Fargo! Roxor was right. These people are "disproportionately proud of their work".

How is ''Wasteland'' an edgy and childish name like Deadfire? What a retarded comparison. It clearly describes the setting of the game.

Last edited:
Unwanted

DrDigej

Unwanted
Whats the point of those high poly models? Didnt PoS already suffer from fps drops when 10 npc moved around in a city?
NaCOlVO.jpg

edit

Well, I guess the paperdoll looks nicer.

Zep--

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
So was "Wasteland", but try telling that to Fargo! Roxor was right. These people are "disproportionately proud of their work".

How is ''Wasteland'' an edgy and childish name like DeathFire? What a retarded comparison. It clearly describes the setting of the game.

Well, but it certainly isn't an important brand like Nike or Coke to justify harass an indie developer with lawyers.

Israfael

Arcane
No codex fundraiser? Not that i'd donate even 1 potato (and it'd be cheaper to buy it off steam on day 1 because of our local currency)..

ArchAngel

Arcane
Can't understand the fixation with Carrie Patel and what her looks got to do with her skill for the project... plus for all the "yo she looks like a lesbo bro" wiseassery is weird, I bet most of you fine gentlemen would tap dat ass in a second if offered the opportunity
:positive:
Another Tranny lover confirmed :positive:

DeepOcean

Arcane
When shitposting on the codex and picking fights with Obsidian fan boys is more fun than playing an Obsidian game, you should start questioning Obsidian.

duanth123

Arcane
IF YOU SEE THIS IMAGE WHILE SCROLLING

Shaky.gif

You have been visited by the

CLENCHING ADRA FIST UNDER MY STRONGHOLD

Stretch goals and a lingering sensation of regret will come to you, but ONLY if you post a I DEMAND ANSWERS in this thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom