Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced and Live on Fig

Flou

Arbiter
This. What the fuck is people's problem with Carrie Patel? Oh, she's a woman! KILL KILL KILL! DURRRRR DURRR DURRRR!

People are still angry over limerick that got changed and made whoever made it actually stand out from the endless amount of backers whose tombstones no one bothered to read?

Gamers never change, nor apperently forgive or forget.

Tao

Savant
She has short boy-ish pink hair, and looks like a truck driver. What would you said about a bearneck with a fedora? That he got style and is a ladykiller?

Take the joke and move along or dont but dont make this a wichhunt drama now, or at least not in Codex

Sizzle

Arcane
she actually sounded competent and articulate.

B-but she's a lady. With an unconventional hair style. Surely this is the worst thing to ever happen to the video game industry.

This. What the fuck is people's problem with Carrie Patel? Oh, she's a woman! KILL KILL KILL! DURRRRR DURRR DURRRR!

There's a theory among some of the members here that Obsidian is SJW because of how they handled the Firedorn situation.

I guess changing one silly little poem trumps all the times Durance says "Whore!", spouts misogyny, racism, and religious hatred, and somehow transforms the entire game into an SJW heaven.

Tigranes

Arcane
Interesting, the trailer showcases (1) an actual lightning bolt, (2) seemingly less chaotic spell effects, though this is not at all conclusive, (3) definitely more interesting environments, which isn't hard after the Dyrwood.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron

B-but she's a lady. With an unconventional hair style. Surely this is the worst thing to ever happen to the video game industry.
132.jpeg

agris

Arcane
Patron
Can someone who backed it ask who are designing combat encounters, what about PoE 1's combat encounter design do they feel needs improvement, and if/how they're trying to address combat visibility w.r.t. the VFX overload in PoE1?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

There's a theory among some of the members here that Obsidian is SJW because of how they handled the Firedorn situation.

I guess changing one silly little poem trumps all the times Durance says "Whore!", spouts misogyny, racism, and religious hatred, and somehow transforms the entire game into an SJW heaven.
Imbecile,

Play Tyranny

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can someone who backed it ask who are designing combat encounters, what about PoE 1's combat encounter design needs improvement, and if/how they're trying to address combat visibility w.r.t. the VFX overload in PoE1?

Presumably the game's new dedicated Lead Designer, Bobby Null, who is known to be Obsidian's biggest grognard and was responsible for some of PoE's best encounters, will have some role to play here.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Can someone who backed it ask who are designing combat encounters, what about PoE 1's combat encounter design needs improvement, and if/how they're trying to address combat visibility w.r.t. the VFX overload in PoE1?

Presumably the game's new dedicated Lead Designer, Bobby Null, who is known to be Obsidian's biggest grognard and was responsible for some of PoE's best encounters, will have some role to play here.
great, confirm it.

Sizzle

Arcane

Imbecile,

Play Tyranny

I have. And I have repeatedly called it out for SJW-isms, but this is a completely different team.

Don't know if you've played TWM, but they even poked fun at the entire situation with Faradorn by making that a bounty with the aforementioned character as a tranny :D

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Apart from the stupid haircut she even looks kind of cute, not really that bad if you ask me. I prefer to believe she is ok until proven otherwise :D

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Cool.
Have finished White March expansions in PoE, just few hours ago, and it was great. Will buy the game on the release, no pleadges though.

Deleted member 7219

Imbecile,

Play Tyranny

I played it. Nothing SJW. Whole lot of torture, death and destruction though. No safe spaces. Maybe you should play it? You might be surprised.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

People are still angry over limerick that got changed and made whoever made it actually stand out from the endless amount of backers whose tombstones no one bothered to read?
The most emotional moment for me in PoE was clicking on a random tombstone and discovering it to be Suicidebunny's. :(

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Trump will slap a 20% tariff on figs, this is bound to fail.

Bez_tytsadsadu_u.png

Oh boy, this will be fun. Game industry has been infiltrated by SJW. Can you remind me of a "misogeny" drama with some in game poem in PoE?
Please fix typo. It is clearly Carrie Pastel.

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
I don´t like the tiers! I wished for a boxed edition, digital copy and pillars bundle for 100 bugs. The consequence is that there will be no pledge from me! :keepmymoney:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They need to sell 600k for break even and think they can maintain a $23.60 lifetime net price after discounts and platform fees. So their projected ASP is over $30 for the game's lifetime.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom