Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - isometric post-apocalyptic adventure from STASIS developer

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Yep, did my job. Now up to you !

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
24 days to go

Why shorter duration to fund than usual on kickstarter?

Realistically if we cant make it in 24, we aint gonna make it in 31. Also, its the $19,99 thing - 31 days is a long time....24 days is a 'I need to back this now' number!
Really this entire process - from CAYNE to Desolation is all very experimental in how we are trying to market it.

And we still have some cool announcements coming up during the campaign!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Hey, I just found out it went live. Pledged of course.
:bro:
You should contact the staff for a news post. It's not an rpg, but the isometric goodness is enough.

Jazz_

Arcane
looks great, will this be horror themed too? I'm not a big fan of horror, that's partly why I haven't purchased Stasis. (well, I remember downloading the demo but it wouldn't start on my system for some reason)

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
looks great, will this be horror themed too? I'm not a big fan of horror, that's partly why I haven't purchased Stasis. (well, I remember downloading the demo but it wouldn't start on my system for some reason)

Its got some horror elements - but its closer to Fallout in terms of tone. I do love my horror - and there are some pretty cool and twisted aspects to the story - but definitely not on the scale of Stasis or Cayne. Its more cool 1980's scifi pulp adventure. Think Damnation Alley and Mad Max.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Instantly backed (through my brother :P ). This looks amazing guys, keep up the good work.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Backed it even after swearing off KS :negative:

Looks good!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Out of curiosity: How big is the game in scope compared to STASIS?

One other question: Is there anyway to get the game early for $15 and still use PayPal? I want to back the game but I do not want to give a single dime to Kickstarter.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Damn, you guys built fucking miniatures to photograph? That is real incline. That's why the VFX in older movies holds up today, and one of the reasons that the LOTR trilogy is so much better than those new Hobbit abominations.

incline.png
incline.png
incline.png
incline.png
x a fucking million. Wish we got this outside the box (aka 30 year old technology) thinking from other studios as well.

edit: this is what I'm talking about

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay. backed. the lowest digital copy tier, not much but i wish ya'll good luck.
:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom