Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If there was serious exploration of the plague of dead babies PoE would've turned out awesome, but alas.

Sizzle

Arcane
I always liked Obsidian's dark plots. Seems like PoE2 won't follow the trend. Sad!

Why do you think that? At this time we have almost no info about the plot of the sequel, except that it will (probably) take place in the Deadfire Archipelago, a lawless place populated with pirates and infested by deadly sea creatures.

A serious, dark plot can easily be made with that kind of hook.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So...

Something attracting a lot of interest has arisen in the Deadfire archipelago, drawing the Vailian and Rauatai fleets there. They're locked in a standoff, currying favour with the local tribes in order to break it. This is related to an exploitable resource called "the luminous." Also, Eothas the god of light returns, and gods in general are playing their games with mortals.

The plot thickens.

- Eothas is found in Deadfire Archipelago.
- The Watcher travels from Twin Elms to the Vailian Republics to buy a ship to DA.
- Watcher is enslaved on Vailian Republics.
- Watcher is free.
- A whole pirate island becomes the new stronghold.
- Eothas is the new companion.
- People are angry.
- War -> PoE3

Sentinel

Arcane
How and why would Eothas even be found in Deadfire Archipelago?
Was the bridge where he got blown the fuck out in the Deadfire? I don't think it was.

Modron

Arcane
So long as the answer is not "amnesia" I think I will be okay. I just don't want to lose Abydon's Hammer, because its awesome.
Eh you can make just about any unique better than the soulbound items though sure you can't reach mythic quality but you white forging + legendary + other damage or speed on an item is awesome. As far as the +4 might there is one item for each of the stats that adds +4 to them that is not a weapon or an armor.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How and why would Eothas even be found in Deadfire Archipelago?
Was the bridge where he got blown the fuck out in the Deadfire? I don't think it was.

Eothas was not killed. St Waiden was. Eothas is just... missing.

IDK. Maybe his soul was trapped and came back to reincarnate after the hollowborn crisis.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
So long as the answer is not "amnesia" I think I will be okay. I just don't want to lose Abydon's Hammer, because its awesome.
Eh you can make just about any unique better than the soulbound items though sure you can't reach mythic quality but you white forging + legendary + other damage or speed on an item is awesome. As far as the +4 might there is one item for each of the stats that adds +4 to them that is not a weapon or an armor.
Beyond the stats, I just like the look and feel of the hammer. I think the lead up to the hammer was what made it fun to acquire, as opposed to St. Waiden Legacy and the power-up requirements.

Tigranes

Arcane
I like this quote a lot. I don't have a problem with the gods arc, but the pseudo-colonial aspect of the POE setting seemed the most promising back when they were pre-planning the first game, and it would be really fun to negotiate between a puppet local lord whose position is long divested of its former power, using the trappings of authority to keep up a front with the foreigners and use that to restore authority.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Maybe the baby from Twin Elms is somewhat important in PoE2. Maybe he is the new avatar/ luminous. Many years may have passed since the crisis.

9Z7E9Sp.jpg

In Baldurs Gate you were the baalspawn. Maybe in PoE you are the... Gorion.

IDK, man. Maybe you are the avatar and we´ll play the same plot of BG again. Josh is insane.

Sentinel

Arcane
Us being the Gorion would actually be a pretty funny twist.
Only problem is that not everyone took the baby.

2house2fly

Magister
I hope they do something cool with the baby, even something minor. Maybe being around all the soul magic in Sun In Shadow mutates it and it becomes a unique pet that flies around and fires off spells like Concelhaut's skull. I don't care about it making a big difference, as long as having the baby there is different from not having it.

What is this baby? Was I just very drunk upon PoE completion (yes I was; this is a certainty), or is there more C&C in PoE than I was aware?

I played a goody-two-shoes who released Iovara from soul-prison and sided with Hylea for baby-booming absurdity. Those are the only major decisions I recall making in the base game, and I saw no baby.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There's a quest in Twin Elms involving kidnapping a baby and making juice out of it for some tribe leader. You can take the baby but not turn it in to pulp, keeping it in your inventory until the end of the game. This adds a few lines to the final slide.

Ivan

Arcane
Wodica bears a shattered crown. Most likely a proud people brought down by the ravages of the Deadfire.

Perkel

Arcane
Fucking 2 days...

freezer mode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom