Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

praetor

Arcane
there are some nice screenshots on the official fb page

one of looks like something out of a Prince of Persia game. hopefully this DLC is at least twice as big as the first one and gives some semblance of closure

edit: imgur alt link

sullynathan

Arcane
Didn't know there were so many dark souls 2 fans on this board. Must watch myself.

I am strictly speaking about damage alone. DLC mobs could dish out waaay more damage than vanilla game monsters and your weapons also didn't do as much damage unless you run some specific build focused on DPS.
Ok then I agree especially for crown of the Ivory King. I ran a heavy build with the great club so I was easily slamming most enemies.

kek all those manus believers got rekt. Also i wonder who that is with egg. Velka ?
the fuck manus has to do with this dlc?

people are screaming velka every time From releases new content.

cinematic trailer for DS2 with Emerald herald? VELKA:bounce:
some female statue in lothric castle in DS3? VELKA:bounce:
hooded female with scythe in AoA? VELKA:bounce:

I wouldnt mind seeing her finally since we hear about her shit stirring since very first game but From rarely does what fans hope/expect.

also kek at "DS2 is not cannon. Miyahacki doesnt even acknowledge its existence"

iJPcOle.jpg

Didn't know there were so many dark souls 2 fans on this board. Must watch myself.
better just kys :M

I am talking about people who thought manus was pigmy or dark soul.

also kek at "DS2 is not cannon. Miyahacki doesnt even acknowledge its existence"

Except this look like humanity phantom with armor:
Also i don't think anyone claimed DS2 is not canon. More like side story tbh.

latest
so what about that trailer debunks theory that manus was furtive pygmy?

i find debating Souls lore quite cringy when half of it is literally fan-fiction/head-canon of some autistic anon or youtube personality :lol: ffs until april 2016 people were deadset that Solaire was Gwyns son :roll:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Will they bring poise back with this DLC? And fix enemies infinite stamina? And make Bosses more dificult than mobs? And calm down on the Bloodbullshit enemy design?

Perkel

Arcane
so what about that trailer debunks theory that manus was furtive pygmy?

i find debating Souls lore quite cringy when half of it is literally fan-fiction/head-canon of some autistic anon or youtube personality :lol: ffs until april 2016 people were deadset that Solaire was Gwyns son :roll:

from article:

... This new adventure has players chasing after the Slave Knight Gael to the literal end of the world as he searches for the Dark Soul of Humanity....

That is not some veiled thing. IT is right there released officially by devs (or BD)

-------------------------
-------------------------

As for community findings i disagree. Sure a lot of stuff is fan-fiction but there are a lot of legitimate stuff. Whole Velka lore is basically community finding. War of gods, family feud in Gwyn family and so on. Basically if it wasn't for community there wouldn't be almost any lore. It is also pretty obvious that developers intended it that way which is ultra obvious after DS3.

As for solare they were really close. Community saying Solaire was Gwyn firsborn was mistake but it was based around Sun covenant lore and ties to firsborn which was in the end true and confirmed in DS3.

I think most amazing vid with lore is that one which established Velka as one of The Witches of Izalith also as Saint in DS2. It is long but share amount of coincidences and plain logic suggest it is actually pretty apt theory (which is often not the case for those types of videos):

Perkel

Arcane
official art and screenshots + description:

Yx1MLnc.jpg

A tower rises above the clouds, at its top stands a well-known sword.

AeJzeFu.jpg

When a city falls into an Abyss, Locusts will then arise. It is said that they will feast on anything and everything that is in their path.

qS0UmXR.jpg

Vicious knight swinging a giant greatsword. Sunken in a swamp, his body is swollen with every cavity bloated. Instead of having a head, a clump of darkness dwells and with armor half decayed.

YKw4sRb.jpg

A traditional city for the Pygmies, called the Ringed City. Half covered in foliage, the city looks desolated with ancient ruins.

wGFbC6Q.jpg

Dreg Heap, the furthest end of the world. Various remains from different historical periods have accumulated over time, resulting in high towers.

and few more:

http://imgur.com/a/83M79

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
kek all those manus believers got rekt. Also i wonder who that is with egg. Velka ?

people are screaming velka every time From releases new content.

cinematic trailer for DS2 with Emerald herald? VELKA:bounce:
some female statue in lothric castle in DS3? VELKA:bounce:
hooded female with scythe in AoA? VELKA:bounce:

I wouldnt mind seeing her finally since we hear about her shit stirring since very first game but From rarely does what fans hope/expect.

iJPcOle.jpg

better just kys :M
where are the right pics from? the one with hte empty effigy

Mojobeard

Augur
Part of me wants they make 3rd DLC but I understand the team is a bit tired of souls and they need to take a break from it.
It's a completely different team from the rest of the series though. As I understand it, pretty much every game had different people. Only ones I'm not sure about is who went from Demon's Souls (which was partly Sony's people) to Dark Souls 1. 3 has only Miyazaki and a couple of art designers from Bloodborne (from his own mouth, tried finding the interview but wouldn't know the search words).

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I look forward to the second DLC because it brings the end of Souls trilogy according to Miyazaki (hopefully).

I really do hope From will stop milking the franchise and make something new.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
They need to start milking Shadow Tower/Abyss is what.

Exactly. Like I said in another thread. A Shadow Tower game that focuses more on level design, traps, puzzles and exploration rather than combat (where there would be few weapons, and the combat should be better avoided, making the player figure out a way to "use surroundings" in conjunction with some tools to get rid of enemies) with a thick atmosphere, would be pure gold.

Wolfe

Arbiter
I finally got around to playing the first DLC and finished it in one sitting, about 4 hours. I really, really liked the final boss, gave me a lot more trouble than any other boss in the main game on NG+, SL 125. I haven't tried the PvP arena yet, but I hope there'll be more content in the second DLC, as 4 hours is just.. meh.

Sentinel

Arcane
It'll be longer and continue the story of DLC1. Confirmed by Miyazaki in an interview to IGN Japan. DLC1 was mainly focused around PvP.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I finally got around to playing the first DLC and finished it in one sitting, about 4 hours. I really, really liked the final boss, gave me a lot more trouble than any other boss in the main game on NG+, SL 125.

IMO it's a harder boss than the Nameless, the third stage is bonkers. Word is a few bosses in Bloodborne are harder, can't say, but Friede is the hardest boss of all Dark Souls in my book.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Well, I'm not sure that I can really compare them, I hadn't played a Souls game in quite some time before yesterday, so I might have been rusty. Friede took me about 16-17 tries, whereas Nameless King around 5 or 6? I think Friede is quite difficult in the sense that you really have to learn the first two phases in order to manage your Estus, and then the final phase doesn't offer too many openings.

Bloodborne's DLC was insane, I think Orphan of Kos is the hardest boss in the series. Fuck that fight. For me, Bloodborne was more difficult than DS3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom