Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Best combat build for a first timer?

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
q4Udha8.png

My 'dumb' run. The initial stats were 8/8/8/6/6/4 -> 10/10/9 physicals with some stuff that I won't spoil too much. If you want to do swords, you could switch to 6/10/8 physicals no problem, IMO. I wouldn't dump mental stats further--penalty to hit from low perception really hurts in the early game. I guess lower intelligence wouldn't hurt if you really want to hulk out, but you'd have to be a lot more cautious with your spending on civil skills than I was (although most of those random points are from trainers). I think there's really only one major piece of content/area this build is locked out of for stat (not branching paths) reasons. I invested heavily in axe and block early on, critical strike only later and essentially only with the combat skill points I was racking up.

I started with some points in streetwise--I also did lockpick and sneak to take advantage of some opportunities for theft, but that's not necessary at all. By Maadoran at least, pumping lore is a bit is a must--I had 8 for spoilery reasons by before I left Maadoran.

Crafting isn't actually all that necessary. You can buy a great one-handed axe (or sword, if you want; ask for specials at vendors) in Maadoran to see you through arena fights, which will shower you with all the good loot you need, really, and if you plan to get power armor, 75% of your end game gear is set. I really only did it to increase my margin on selling looted gear a bit by breaking stuff down and crafting masterwork weapons with it.

Don't do alchemy: you won't have a free hand and you'll be doing enough damage that you won't notice poison one way or another. Your AP and THC are already high enough and you're not going to be poisoned often. You might as well do trading in order to ensure you always have the cash to buy repairs/bolas/any alchemy item you decide you do want.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The problem is that most newbies won't know how to take advantage of that, and there is another issue you are ignoring: he wants a block build. Two handed-spears are better suited for this type of strategy.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
DEX
Swords ->
best for charismatic builds since you get Dellar's training and can get a good unique sword in act 3. The bad is that Dreamweaver (the act 2 blue steel sword) is a huge rip off. Covers the largest range of weapon speed choices, from Gladius that you can hide in your bag to 2 handed scimitars. Scimitar's counterattack is pretty good.
Dagger -> good for Praetors and low combat skill investment, also good for high Dex, low Charisma thieves (since you get Aziz's training). Good for Max Crafting builds, as you can boost the damage with cutting stones, and can craft high end daggers much earlier than other weapons. Best if you have some strength or else you wont be able to penetrate armor. Has a crappy counterattack for dodge. Disadvantage is that there's no 2 handed version so counter-intuitively not as good for dodge builds. Dagger is bad for the hardest fights like the Pass. If you want to be King of the Pass, don't take Dagger.
Spears -> I found these hard to use. The large spears can't hit in front of you normally, so it's not good if you get surrounded. Hastas don't get extended range but can hit corners, which is good. Unfortunately Hastas have terrible damage. Also the Spears have probably the worst counterattack for both dodge and for the special ability. So actually I found Spears to have the most worthless special.

PER
Crossbows ->
good for dumping strength builds, no combat skill alchemist builds, power armor space-marine builds, thieves (since they can purchase the cool bows like double xbow), and low strength poison assassins. Can hide a pair of poisoned hand crossbows in your bag. You can also keep several loaded crossbows in your inventory to save some more AP on reloading.
Bows -> Longbow is the most OP weapon by far. King of head shots. Advantage over crossbow is that you get fast shot and heavy shot as well. Plus you can buy an endgame longbow in Maadoran. With a longbow and Fulvio's training (assassin), you can clear all the hard fights in act 1 and act 2 with 0 points spent on bow skill, including taking on the Teron assassin's guild solo and the Antidas/ Dellar fight (if you go Assassin betray to IG route).
Throwing -> minimum strength loremasters need to invest in this so it seems an ok weapon for them, but not really worth it for anyone else. It allows you to use a second hand for a shield or for bombs or nets. Unfortunately these are much worse than crossbows and long bows since they can't choose between AP/ Barbed/ normal ammo, which is a significant part of what makes xbows and long bows OP.

STR
Axe ->
Has the only special that works on Demons, who are some of the hardest fights. Has the best counterattack for Axe+Dodge builds. A good benchmark weapon.
Hammer -> Has the ability to knockdown, which is Hammer's main advantage over Axe. Armor crushing is kind of useful in some fights but generally not as good as Axe's special. You can loot a blue steel light hammer in Teron, so you are all set for most of the game. I would say that Axe is better for 2-handed STR+Dodge (due to the counterattack) while Hammer is as good if not better for STR+Block.

Tier 0: Longbow
Tier 1: Axe
Tier 1.5: Sword, Hammer (honestly not much difference between Axe, Sword and Hammer)
Tier 2: Dagger, XBow, Spear
Tier 3: Throwing

Top 15 Generic Weapons:
1. Longbow ( 7 AP bow) - The most OP weapon
2. Shadhavar (6 AP axe) - best dodge melee weapon
3. Scimitar (6 AP sword) - 2nd best dodge melee weapon
4. Sledgehammer (6 AP hammer) - 3rd best dodge melee weapon

5. Spiked Club (5 AP hammer) - Best block melee weapon
6. Shashmir (5 AP sword) - 2nd best block melee weapon (for Dex build)
7. Heavy Crossbow - Good to start combat with this
8. Double Crossbow (thief only) - Good to have some loaded in your inventory

9. Gladius (4 AP sword) - good to hide in bag
10. Khanjar (4 AP dagger) - good to hide in bag
11. Hand Crossbow - good to hide in bag, take some free head shots if you knock someone down.

12. Krokspar (6 AP spear) - good damage, long reach
13. Hasta (4 AP spear) - can hit corners but can't hide in bag
14. Marculus (4 AP hammer) - has knockdown and whirlwind but can't hide in bag. Good for crushing armor.
15. Pugio (3 AP dagger) - good to hide in bag, sometimes you pull it out for 2AP attack.

In Summary:
STR 7+: Dodge -> Axe, Block -> Hammer
STR 5+, 8+ PER: Longbow
DEX 8+, STR 6+: Dagger
DEX 8+, CHA 7+: Sword (either block or dodge)
STR 4: XBow
STR + DEX = 13: Throwing
Power Armor + Blocking: Hammer (STR 7+), Dagger (STR 6+), Crossbow (STR 4) or Sword (CHA 7+)

I don't recommend Spears for any build.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
DEX
Spears ->
I found these hard to use. The large spears can't hit in front of you normally, so it's not good if you get surrounded. Hastas don't get extended range but can hit corners, which is good. Unfortunately Hastas have terrible damage. Also the Spears have probably the worst counterattack for both dodge and for the special ability. So actually I found Spears to have the most worthless special.

You are a bit harsh on spears - they were nerfed in Dungeon Rats for a reason. Melee opponents are utterly helpless against you, later you can even forgo doing anything(for lulz) and they will still kill themselves, quite entertaining. It does require proper switching between a hasta, trident and Kadmos' spear to modify interrupt range, but allows you to skimp (heavily or completely, depending on balls size) on defense.

Has the only special that works on Demons, who are some of the hardest fights.

Demons are actually one the easier fights (if you don't get instakilled the first round) since you can

throw liquid fire directly on them(hit yourself too so you negate their AoO). They are immune to knockback, they will be stuck on the center square of the fire, paralyzed. Kill them diagonally, they can't retaliate, remembering to reapply liquid fire every 2nd round. Good way to get meteor weapons the second you step into Madoraan.

Bows -> Longbow is the most OP weapon by far. King of head shots. Advantage over crossbow is that you get fast shot and heavy shot as well. Plus you can buy an endgame longbow in Maadoran. With a longbow and Fulvio's training (assassin), you can clear all the hard fights in act 1 and act 2 with 0 points spent on bow skill, including taking on the Teron assassin's guild solo and the Antidas/ Dellar fight (if you go Assassin betray to IG route).

Bow is the only weapon I didn't try yet in AoD or DR, but after such a testimonial I'll be sure to give it a go.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
You are a bit harsh on spears - they were nerfed in Dungeon Rats for a reason. Melee opponents are utterly helpless against you, later you can even forgo doing anything(for lulz) and they will still kill themselves, quite entertaining. It does require proper switching between a hasta, trident and Kadmos' spear to modify interrupt range, but allows you to skimp (heavily or completely, depending on balls size) on defense.

Agree. They do terrible damage at the begining. A two-hand spear build with alchemy is the most overpowered build you can think of. You basically become a intelligent giant scorpion. Your enemies all get poisoned really fast and can't reach you. I hope the nerfing in DR didn't make them useless though. A good chunk of the work was done by the interruption attacks.

Bow is the only weapon I didn't try yet in AoD or DR, but after such a testimonial I'll be sure to give it a go.

same. I didn't try because i thought the combination between STR and PER was weird, but since you only need 5 points to make a decent build, I'm gonna try this one.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
DEX
Swords ->
best for charismatic builds since you get Dellar's training and can get a good unique sword in act 3. The bad is that Dreamweaver (the act 2 blue steel sword) is a huge rip off. Covers the largest range of weapon speed choices, from Gladius that you can hide in your bag to 2 handed scimitars. Scimitar's counterattack is pretty good.
Dagger -> good for Praetors and low combat skill investment, also good for high Dex, low Charisma thieves (since you get Aziz's training). Good for Max Crafting builds, as you can boost the damage with cutting stones, and can craft high end daggers much earlier than other weapons. Best if you have some strength or else you wont be able to penetrate armor. Has a crappy counterattack for dodge. Disadvantage is that there's no 2 handed version so counter-intuitively not as good for dodge builds. Dagger is bad for the hardest fights like the Pass. If you want to be King of the Pass, don't take Dagger.
Spears -> I found these hard to use. The large spears can't hit in front of you normally, so it's not good if you get surrounded. Hastas don't get extended range but can hit corners, which is good. Unfortunately Hastas have terrible damage. Also the Spears have probably the worst counterattack for both dodge and for the special ability. So actually I found Spears to have the most worthless special.

PER
Crossbows ->
good for dumping strength builds, no combat skill alchemist builds, power armor space-marine builds, thieves (since they can purchase the cool bows like double xbow), and low strength poison assassins. Can hide a pair of poisoned hand crossbows in your bag. You can also keep several loaded crossbows in your inventory to save some more AP on reloading.
Throwing -> minimum strength loremasters need to invest in this so it seems an ok weapon for them, but not really worth it for anyone else. It allows you to use a second hand for a shield or for bombs or nets. Unfortunately these are much worse than crossbows and long bows since they can't choose between AP/ Barbed/ normal ammo, which is a significant part of what makes xbows and long bows OP.

STR
Axe ->
Has the only special that works on Demons, who are some of the hardest fights. Has the best counterattack for Axe+Dodge builds. A good benchmark weapon.
Hammer -> Has the ability to knockdown, which is Hammer's main advantage over Axe. Armor crushing is kind of useful in some fights but generally not as good as Axe's special. You can loot a blue steel light hammer in Teron, so you are all set for most of the game. I would say that Axe is better for 2-handed STR+Dodge (due to the counterattack) while Hammer is as good if not better for STR+Block.

Tier 0: Longbow
Tier 1: Axe
Tier 1.5: Sword, Hammer (honestly not much difference between Axe, Sword and Hammer)
Tier 2: Dagger, XBow
Tier 3: Throwing

Top 15 Generic Weapons:
1. Longbow ( 7 AP bow) - The most OP weapon
2. Shadhavar (6 AP axe) - best dodge melee weapon
3. Scimitar (6 AP sword) - 2nd best dodge melee weapon
4. Sledgehammer (6 AP hammer) - 3rd best dodge melee weapon

5. Spiked Club (5 AP hammer) - Best block melee weapon
6. Shashmir (5 AP sword) - 2nd best block melee weapon (for Dex build)
7. Heavy Crossbow - Good to start combat with this
8. Double Crossbow (thief only) - Good to have some loaded in your inventory

9. Gladius (4 AP sword) - good to hide in bag
10. Khanjar (4 AP dagger) - good to hide in bag
11. Hand Crossbow - good to hide in bag, take some free head shots if you knock someone down.

12. Krokspar (6 AP spear) - good damage, long reach
13. Hasta (4 AP spear) - can hit corners but can't hide in bag
14. Marculus (4 AP hammer) - has knockdown and whirlwind but can't hide in bag. Good for crushing armor.
15. Pugio (3 AP dagger) - good to hide in bag, sometimes you pull it out for 2AP attack.

In Summary:
STR 7+: Dodge -> Axe, Block -> Hammer
STR 5+, 8+ PER: Longbow
DEX 8+, STR 6+: Dagger
DEX 8+, CHA 7+: Sword (either block or dodge)
STR 4: XBow
STR + DEX = 12: Throwing
Power Armor + Blocking: Hammer (STR 7+), Dagger (STR 6+), Crossbow (STR 4) or Sword (CHA 7+)

:nocountryforshitposters:

Jason Liang

Arcane
I mean there's a couple of caveats when discussing AoD's combat. Pretty much every fight that you don't die immediately is trivial if you spam bolas, nets, liquid fire and other drugs. And fights are also trivial if you have 10 STR, 10 DEX 8 CON and 10/10 skills+crafting+alchemy.

For the investment it takes to make Spears good, you can do just as good if not better with axes, swords or hammers.

So when discussing the hardest fights in the game, we're talking about a handful of specific fights: raider camp in act 1 (to get Terminator), killing the assassin's guild in act 1 (without using the potion to autokill Neleos), killing the Thieves' guild in act 1, and maybe the Dellar fight and the Aemolas' Village fight (before ending act 1). Act 2 mainly the Pass, the two Mountain Village fights, and the three hard fights in the slums and the thief ambush, and maybe the duel with Hamza (again, assuming you don't just bola choke him). Of course, you gain so many points in act 2 that you should be pretty much at endgame combat-wise if you save all the hard fights for the end of act 2.

For many if not most of these situations, I doubt spears would be good, especially if you have no defense.

With a longbow you can do every hard fight in Act 1 (except Aemolas village) with no points spent on longbow. On the other side of the coin, you can beat most (but not all the hardest fights in the game) with 4 STR, 4 DEX xbow.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
For the investment it takes to make Spears good, you can do just as good if not better with axes, swords or hammers.

No, you don't. For starters, spears even the odds against many enemies. I think you are giving too much importance to the sheer amount of damage of these weapons without considering the absurdity of the interrupt attacks.

Jason Liang

Arcane
All of the weapons deal the same damage based on their AP class. The main differences between them are their special ability and some of their tactical attack options.

The inability of large spears (or any spear besides Hasta and Kadmos' special spear) to hit enemies in front of them is a huge disadvantage. They basically have the disadvantage of bows without having the range of bows (or the ability to load different ammo).

That said, in many of the hardest fights, raw damage is extremely important. In both the Pass and the Mountain village fight, you must be able to kill at least one opponent each turn, or else you'll be overwhelmed.

2-handed spears are gimped, and 1-handed spears are limited to hastas- unlike the others, there is no 1 handed 5 AP spear in AoD. For this and other reasons, spears aren't in the same class as axes, hammers and swords. The spear special ability is a gimmick that doesn't have any tactical value in many of the hardest fights.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
That’s the fallacy of considering the costs and ignoring the benefits. In your reasoning you are ignoring that: (1) players with two-hand spears have different tactics that require some distance that is just the same as bow and crossbow users. If the fact that a bow user can become incapable of shooting because he is surrounded by enemies doesn’t make it a terrible choice, the same can be said about spear users. (2) two-handed spears have long range, decent damage, interrupt attacks (that can also save your buddies) and can inflict poison left and right. They are perfect in tough fights, especially in the Pass and the Mountain Village fight. I think you made a bad spear build once, or didn’t play with a spear user, and you are trying to rationalize why is such a poor choice. They are the most fun and interesting build by far.

Parabalus

Arcane
All of the weapons deal the same damage based on their AP class. The main differences between them are their special ability and some of their tactical attack options.

The inability of large spears (or any spear besides Hasta and Kadmos' special spear) to hit enemies in front of them is a huge disadvantage. They basically have the disadvantage of bows without having the range of bows (or the ability to load different ammo).

That said, in many of the hardest fights, raw damage is extremely important. In both the Pass and the Mountain village fight, you must be able to kill at least one opponent each turn, or else you'll be overwhelmed.

2-handed spears are gimped, and 1-handed spears are limited to hastas- unlike the others, there is no 1 handed 5 AP spear in AoD. For this and other reasons, spears aren't in the same class as axes, hammers and swords. The spear special ability is a gimmick that doesn't have any tactical value in many of the hardest fights.

As a spear user, you only have to eliminate enemy ranged combatants, afterwards the combat is over.

The raider camp, for example, you start next to one archer, kill him, run to the other, kill him - you won. If you aren't a spear user the four other raiders will not be as easy. This is assuming you don't waste points on defensive skills, if you do it's trivial.

The mountain village, you can clear the raiders the same way, kill the archers in two rounds, afterwards it's over, melee guys can't touch you. The villagers you kite(or start combat) to the chokepoint near the vault entrance, they get locked by interrupts at the two entrypoints and you don't get felled by archers.

2h spears can hit enemies near them with whirlwind, but you simply switch weapons to hasta or Kadmos'.

Regarding longbows, how much DEX would you suggest? Basically the choice between 5/10/5/8 , 6/8/5/10 or 6/9/5/9. I wouldn't dare to go 7 CHA, did you manage it?

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
There's a bug with 10 Dex that still isn't fixed in the latest AoD patch. A 10 Dex character can't loot the woman with the necklace house in Teron, but it works with 9 Dex and the same Str. So I would start with 9 Dex.

With a longbow your basic turn is step+head shot, so that's 10 AP. Having 11 AP is kind of useful in case someone cuts your leg.

If you dump CHA, 6/9/4/10/7/4 is optimal for longbow Assassin and you wont need to put any combat skill points in bow until the end of act 2 (you should dump all your points in CS like a master assassin:p). If you're going to invest a little in bow skill, 7/9/4/8/8/4 or 6/9/4/8/9/4 are better hybrid options. Using bows means high crafting is less useful for you, and a high INT score will let you pass the INT+Crafting = 15 check in Saross with less investment in crafting. 6 is good for crafting steel arrows.

7 CHA is pretty helpful for Assassin through, so I think the best min/max for an Assassin bow build is 5/9/4/8/7/7. Blue steel arrows baby.

Assassin needs 9 Dex 4 CS if you want +1 CS for the prelude (and later on if you want to assassinate Antidas). If you aren't trying to max out CS, then Mercenary prelude is probably better.

Jason Liang

Arcane
That’s the fallacy of considering the costs and ignoring the benefits. In your reasoning you are ignoring that: (1) players with two-hand spears have different tactics that require some distance that is just the same as bow and crossbow users. If the fact that a bow user can become incapable of shooting because he is surrounded by enemies doesn’t make it a terrible choice, the same can be said about spear users. (2) two-handed spears have long range, decent damage, interrupt attacks (that can also save your buddies) and can inflict poison left and right. They are perfect in tough fights, especially in the Pass and the Mountain Village fight. I think you made a bad spear build once, or didn’t play with a spear user, and you are trying to rationalize why is such a poor choice. They are the most fun and interesting build by far.

That's true. I was very excited to use spears, got slaughtered at Raiders camp, Aurelian outpost and Aemolas village, and said to myself: "Yeah. Spears suck, compared to Axes, Hammers, Swords, Longbows and xbows. Why am I using this dinky shit?" If I want a dinky but interesting combat weapon I'd use Daggers.

Also this was before they put in Kadmos' spear.

As a spear user, you only have to eliminate enemy ranged combatants, afterwards the combat is over.

The raider camp, for example, you start next to one archer, kill him, run to the other, kill him - you won. If you aren't a spear user the four other raiders will not be as easy. This is assuming you don't waste points on defensive skills, if you do it's trivial.

The mountain village, you can clear the raiders the same way, kill the archers in two rounds, afterwards it's over, melee guys can't touch you. The villagers you kite(or start combat) to the chokepoint near the vault entrance, they get locked by interrupts at the two entrypoints and you don't get felled by archers.

2h spears can hit enemies near them with whirlwind, but you simply switch weapons to hasta or Kadmos'.

IIRC in the Mountain Village raiders fight, you start completely surrounded so I'm not sure how you get to their archers first. In the Mountain Village villagers fight, there are some safe spots where you can hide from the snipers, but eventually you have to go out and kill the snipers so I'm not sure how you do that with spears instead of bows.

I think you guys are seeing the trees and missing the forest. Weighing the advantages and disadvantages, are spears as effective as axes, swords, hammers or longbow in AoD? The answer is no.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
That's true. I was very excited to use spears, got slaughtered at Raiders camp, Aurelian outpost and Aemolas village, and said to myself: "Yeah. Spears suck, compared to Axes, Hammers, Swords, Longbows and xbows. Why am I using this dinky shit?"

I always leave Aemolas village for later. In order to make it work, you need a solid number, otherwise the interrupts aren't enough. Poison helps. Spear builds works best with a defensive strategy.

IIRC in the Mountain Village raiders fight, you start completely surrounded so I'm not sure how you get to their archers first.

Kill one dude with a smaller spear and go after the others with a bigger spear.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

You never found double fast useful? That's what made me ask in the first place. If i ran into that Camille bug i'd prob console it.

I'll probably go for 6/9/5/9/7/4 since I hate locking myself out of best ending at chargen, silly of me.

Regarding the 5/9/4/8/7/7 build, I did a similar 4/9/5/8/7/7 but with xbow. Low STR kinda made it more natural to go with xbow.

Kudos to you btw for your detailed writeups here and in the main thread about training SP breakdown.
That's true. I was very excited to use spears, got slaughtered at Raiders camp, Aurelian outpost and Aemolas village, and said to myself: "Yeah. Spears suck, compared to Axes, Hammers, Swords, Longbows and xbows. Why am I using this dinky shit?"

Yeah, to be effective with spears you need a bit of a different playstyle, and the benefits compared to other weapon classes are mostly perceivable if you aren't full combat, ie. low stats and/or no defense, since then you actually have an use for interrupt.
IIRC in the Mountain Village raiders fight, you start completely surrounded so I'm not sure how you get to their archers first. In the Mountain Village villagers fight, there are some safe spots where you can hide from the snipers, but eventually you have to go out and kill the snipers so I'm not sure how you do that with spears instead of bows.
You start surrounded if you text kill the leader, you can initiate combat manually next to the archers - works for both camps (RIP Esteban +1cs :negative:).

Mountain monastery, the building in which the vault entrance is located, there is a corner next to the main,arched entrance and through the ruined pillars entrance. Camp there and they come to you one by one.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Yeah, it's almost always best to target the head with longbows, since longbows do crazy amounts of damage, so helmets are a joke. If you use fast attack you have to target the body and even AP ammo doesn't do savage damage like head shots do. Also, you'll nearly always have to move every turn, so you wont be taking 2 fast shots most of the time anyway.

Longbows also have a perforate option for 9 AP (3 attacks, I think it's called multishot). So with 11 AP you could arguably move+perforate. But again, the damage ends up being inferior to head shots unless they aren't wearing any body armor and you use barbed ammo.

When I did my longbow run, at the Mountain village the melee enemies came in and I killed them without any problems, but the archers camped outside so I had to snipe them one by one. It was pretty insane.

If you don't mind dumping CHA and want to keep all options open, you might go 6/9/6/8/7/4. You don't need more than 8 PER, it's more of a perk. With 6 CON, you can still switch to a different path and still qualify for that ending that you want.

Last edited:

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
There's a bug with 10 Dex that still isn't fixed in the latest AoD patch. A 10 Dex character can't loot the woman with the necklace house in Teron, but it works with 9 Dex and the same Str. So I would start with 9 Dex.

I did this no problem with a 10 Dex build with the December update. Where specifically did you fail? Did you forget to get a climbing hook on the 10 dex run?

Jason Liang

Arcane
It didn't work for me even with climbing hook/ ropes/ ropes with hook but I will try again next time I reinstall.

Silly game, make you care so much about 1 dumb stat point! 4/10/4/8/7/7 didn't work but 4/9/5/8/7/7 does.

bati

Scholar
Jason Liang : is the stat - weapon synergy mentioned anywhere in the game? Until I read your post I had no idea that weapons gain benefit from specifics stats, apart from the global modifiers that are listed under the stats themselves on the char sheet (damage, accuracy, AP).

In any case, very useful info.

Parabalus

Arcane
Jason Liang : is the stat - weapon synergy mentioned anywhere in the game? Until I read your post I had no idea that weapons gain benefit from specifics stats, apart from the global modifiers that are listed under the stats themselves on the char sheet (damage, accuracy, AP).

In any case, very useful info.

Just hover over the skill, you get the breakdown for stat/training/synergy etc. It's 3 skill rating per relevant stat.

It didn't work for me even with climbing hook/ ropes/ ropes with hook but I will try again next time I reinstall.

Silly game, make you care so much about 1 dumb stat point! 4/10/4/8/7/7 didn't work but 4/9/5/8/7/7 does.

I couldn't reproduce that sadly (or luckily heh).

What I find funny is that you can climb onto the palace roof(via rope) with 4 STR but you can't Camille/Palisade, since the palace is a "Climbing Check(12)" while the other two have manual check with STR>=5 req.

Severian Silk

I have joined the Imperial Guards. Is there a way to get out of the complex into Teron proper so I can explore? I seem to be stuck. I wasn't able to talk to Feng to get the map analyzed.

Also, Maadoran has a number of combat encounters right away. But I specialized in axes and all I have is a dagger and gladius. Is there somewhere I can purchase an axe?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom