Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Beamdog should start accepting donations for them not to make any more D&D games, it could be a good business model for them. Pay up or Planescape gets it, we're serious look what we just did to Baldurs Gate.

This could be a winning model for a lot of game development, actually.

purpleblob

Savant
I would be happy if Beamdog stop tinkering with IE games and do something new for a start. Stop living off fame of old games.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I would be happy if Beamdog stop tinkering with IE games and do something new for a start. Stop living off fame of old games.

Well, that's what I meant with "original content". There's nothing all that wrong with the engine and style; I just don't like them trying to profit off of old games with poorly thought out additions/inserts. A brand new IE AD&D game though? Sure, why not?

purpleblob

Savant
I don't have much faith in them in general but if they try something new completely on their own and it works out, I would support them. Right now, nah, would personally want them wiped out of existence.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Planescape is heavily themed around Sigil
What you say is true for PS:T but in the PnP setting Sigil was mostly supposed to be the base of operations and the low level quest hub. The Outlands were just as important and the Outer Planes had many locations described in great detail in the boxed sets' books.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yes, yes, please do another PS:T with SJW themes and gamergate jokes. IW and BGs have already fallen. Now they need to milk and rape the last overhyped piece of Infinity garbage so that the stain can never be removed. Then, and only then, AoD will be placed in the top, as it should be. The best shall be grognard and grognard only..

*slurp slurp slurp* oh yeah teleporting everywhere and having the game played for me is so grognard *slurp slurp slurp*

Seriously, kill yourself. AoD will never be a classic of any kind, just like any other of the recently released garbage (W2, POE and so on) will never be. Garbage is garbage.

Also, all IE games are superior to AoD, even IWD2, the worst of them all. And PST has infinitely better writing than AoD, sorry.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Planescape

This thread should officially have the words "AND YOU CAN'T STOP THEM" added to its title.

CLRASKXWUAEDArf.jpg

My evil plan is in motion. The attack will be on two fronts. By the time Beamdog release PS:T(EE) with Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu as new romanceable companions written by Avellone, InXile will release a disgusting T:ToN on consoles, thus breaking IEfags spirit. Five years from now, the mere mention of "Torment" in this forum will bring sorrow and desolation. Good.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
I kinda hope its not in Neverwinter, my only experience about D&D is from the games, Neverwinter wasn't all that great in NWN1 nor in NWN2.

I kinda want to see different parts of the world that haven't showed up yet in the games. Someone posted a big map of the Forgotten world and its pretty damn big with different countries and there is supposed to be multiverse like the Torment setting I think. There is a lot of things to show aside from revisiting the same place.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Beamdog revitalized their Twitter account:

I guess announcement about the other (non-Gaider) project that they called for beta testers is coming.

edit:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Familiar returns as a low budget, uh, thing? http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/01/the-familiar-fans-give-concept-art-new.html

The Familiar: Fans Give Concept Art New Life

In 2016, we were privileged to publish two issues of the Familiar, a digital magazine filled with unique behind-the-scenes material about the cRPG industry and Baldur's Gate games in particular. Since then, fans have been asking when they'll see issue three.

Dear adventurers, warriors, rogues, clerics, and mages, the Familiar has migrated to our blog as a special ongoing series of community spotlight entries. This will be the place to find great original community content about games you all love.

Julius Borisov
Beamdog Community Manager

For many players, the story of a character begins with the quest to find the perfect portrait.

Avid RPG fans will often spend hours and - in many cases - even days thinking about a future characters’ backstory, attributes, adventuring party, and relationships. All this must be summed up with a single piece of inspiring art to envision as the face of the hero throughout the coming adventure.

We’re always astonished by the level of enthusiasm, creativity and care for detail among the Baldur’s Gate community. And now, thanks to our amazing fans, players all over the world can enjoy their favourite characters with entirely new portraits.

More than a year ago, a fan in our forums, WithinAmnesia, discovered the existance of an early version portrait of Edwin Odesseiron, a well-known Red Wizard of Thay and popular companion in both Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II.

With a bit of digging, the team here at Beamdog found a high-quality digital version of that portrait in the well-maintained archives of Baldur’s Gate artist Mike Sass's hard drive and shared it with the community on the Beamblog.

Fast forward to January 2017 when another Baldur’s Gate fan, Parys on our forums, did a little detective work while digging into the Baldur’s Gate II Demo files and found early, in-progress portraits of the characters who would eventually become Cernd, Anomen, Viconia, and Mazzy.

Of course, the community would never stop at simply sharing these images in black and white. They took these images and began colouring them to create ready-to-use portraits.

Here we see forum users Pecca and lolien offering views on a character who could have been Cernd. For some players, these new portraits may fit the protagonist they’ve always imagined. For others, this portrait could be a base for a brand new interesting NPC they can tell stories around in a future mod.

We also saw an amazing collaboration between Pecca and LavaDelVortel lead to this alternate Mazzy portrait. So cool!

From what we’ve heard, this is only the beginning. Work continues with coloured portraits for concept versions of Viconia and Anomen. We can’t wait to see what the community comes up with!

It’s amazing to see fans still managing to find new easter eggs, dialogues, details, and portraits in the Baldur’s Gate games. What will they find next?

Are you a Baldur’s Gate player? Come join the fun on our forums and experience a whole new side to the series!

:prosper:

Zeriel

Arcane
Planescape

*shivers*

This thread should officially have the words "AND YOU CAN'T STOP THEM" added to its title.

Classic video game franchises are like lolis. Publishers just can't control their urges. Who was that guy on the Codex that had the signature wondering why his childhood memories are so sexually appealing that every game publisher HAS to rape them? That's how I feel about everything Beamdog does. Jesus christ, just leave SOMETHING unmolested...

Planescape is heavily themed around Sigil
What you say is true for PS:T but in the PnP setting Sigil was mostly supposed to be the base of operations and the low level quest hub. The Outlands were just as important and the Outer Planes had many locations described in great detail in the boxed sets' books.

Sigil is described in far more detail than anything else in the setting. It occupies a huge part of the handbook. You might argue that that's because it's entirely new and different so they had to be more explicit than about "This is Hell, as a plane", but it is what it is.

Planescape, FFS. They're sitting on the license for one of the most beloved games and don't have the brains to figure out that it might be worthwhile to do something with it.

giphy.gif

Yes, yes, please do another PS:T with SJW themes and gamergate jokes. IWD and BGs have already fallen. Now they need to milk and rape the last overhyped piece of Infinity garbage so that the stain can never be removed. Then, and only then, AoD will be placed in the top, as it should be. The best shall be grognard and grognard only.

What utter shit.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Darth Vader said: "You cannot resist the power of the dark side decline. It is your destiny!"

It's written!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Why would anyone do that to Mazzy? It's like they saw a snapchat filter and said 'hey, we can use that for portraits!!!'

I blame JES' instagram feed.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why would anyone do that to Mazzy?

Did you read the post?

I recall reading that the Baldur's Gate 2 portrait artist was kind of derpy (BELTS AND EARRINGS EVERYWHERE), not so surprising that his WIP versions were prosperous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom