Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cyanide to develop a Werewolf: The Apocalypse game

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I would be much more interested in a Vampire Dark Ages cRPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
TBc6pwB.png

If CD Projekt had only been given a chance to make this.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Well if it will have White Wolf supervision on story or something then i'm good. I think that PT and Vtm:R had some supervision from setting creators?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They'd just make a bad, buggy game with ultra-progressive writing courtesy of Mr. Vandermeer-nee-Mitsoda.

Aenra

If CD Projekt had only been given a chance to make this

Why?
So we'd get average dialogues with lots of swearing (swearing being of course the hallmark of "mature" writing)?
Fixed console-oriented view angles and UIs?
Pixelated DD+ tits for the twelve year olds (tits being of course the hallmark of "mature" aesthetics)?

You might consider changing your username to something other than inkline; misspelled as it is.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
A well-done Changeling game would be amazing.

Haha. Well-done. As if.

I think character creation alone would be a major obstacle to Changeling, kinda like magic system would be to Mage. You can basically be anything as long as it fits existing Kiths. Trimming that down would just piss off people.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If CD Projekt had only been given a chance to make this

Why?
So we'd get average dialogues with lots of swearing (swearing being of course the hallmark of "mature" writing)?
Fixed console-oriented view angles and UIs?
Pixelated DD+ tits for the twelve year olds (tits being of course the hallmark of "mature" aesthetics)?

You might consider changing your username to something other than inkline; misspelled as it is.
Hey Edgelord, do you have images turned off?

Also, mrw when you mention the spelling of my username:

9493-6357.gif

Last edited:

Aenra

Hey Edgelord, do you have images turned off?

No, i just usually scroll past memes? :M
Am assuming there was sarcasm involved? If so, my apologies.

Regarding 'edgelord', am not into Dex slang, just call things as i see them; and way i see them?
TW3 does have average dialogues with lots of swearing.
TW3 does have fixed console-oriented view angles and UI.
TW3 does have tit ogling for twelve year olds.
..oh, and i also neglected to mention..
TW3 does have dodge/roll moshuns. Much akshun.

I don't find any of the above definitive of an RPG, much more of a good one. If that makes me an edgelord, O.K. i guess.

Rivmusique if you meant his sarcasm, no, i didn't get it, lol

ArchAngel

Arcane
Werewolves run in packs, that is their trademark. So there are 3 possibilities:
1. They change this into a single character story/game, fuck the lore.
2. They make a MP game out of this where 4 players go around and murder stuff in some action rpg type of game.
3. They make a proper team based RPG where one player controls the pack.
3a. They make a real time combat system (BG or Dragon Age style)
3b. They make a turn based combat system (D:OS) style.

What is most likely?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Werewolves run in packs, that is their trademark. So there are 3 possibilities:
1. They change this into a single character story/game, fuck the lore.
2. They make a MP game out of this where 4 players go around and murder stuff in some action rpg type of game.
3. They make a proper team based RPG where one player controls the pack.
3a. They make a real time combat system (BG or Dragon Age style)
3b. They make a turn based combat system (D:OS) style.

What is most likely?

Probably 3a considering Cyanide has experience with party-based RPGs and that "time slows down while you select attacks" kind of combat. They just need to up the party size from regular two. On a more realistic side it's probably going to be an action RPG with debatable level of RPG aspects. What really interests me is how they'll handle the main character(s) considering up to this point their RPGs had fixed protagonists because they had specific stories to tell where nothing else would really work. How is this going to gel with various Tribes or if they're going Redemption-style where you get locked into a single one remains to be seen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom