Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Need a fag for Eclipse Phase

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Harro

The most prestigiousest and longest-running PnP group on the 'dex has recently fallen into a slight shortage of manpower. We used to have many fags, and now we are only 5 (1 gm + 4 playaz; Me, Jaedar, Excidium, Reject_666_6, LundB ), and that causes many problems and cancellations when one of said fags fails to arrive to whatever reason.

This is why we need a 6th (maybe even a 7th) fag to join the show. Are you a bad enough dude to join the group?

We are currently playing Eclipse Phase, although odds are we might get bored of it at some undetermined point and switch to something else, like we've done many times before already. So far we've also played WFRP, all sorts of 40k systems (Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Black Crusade, Only War, Deffwotch), Deadlands, Shadowrun, Paranoia, Call of Cthulhu and Numederpa (but please don't tell anyone about this), so we're p. flexible.

There is only one specific requirement you should meet - be on time when it's time to play, or at least say sometime beforehand that you'll be away. Otherwise, we will be very angry (particularly the GM, he's a real cunt). Also, it would be great if you had no mental or venereal diseases.

We always play on sunday 18:00 GMT (or the relevant daylight shavings equivalent), typically every other week, unless a scenario is ready and we can't be bothered to wait, then we can do every week. We play via IRC with a custom dice roller bot, keep all our rulebooks and charsheets on derpbox and do stuff like combat on Roll20 combat maps. Also, while our players are a diverse group spanning the globe, atm it includes only eurofags and kwans (north and south), so if you're sitting on some weird-ass east-asian scarcely-inhabited island, I suspect your +12 timezone might be a bit problematic.

If ur interested, reply here, and we'll fish out the one (or two) sucker lucky individual that we'll take in. Both pnp virgins and veteran neckbeards allowed.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Never played pnp other than on a real table with real dice, so I have to ask that...
We play via IRC
Does than mean you're typing everything what your guys are doing/what's happening in the world? Sounds awful.
Thank you for your candidacy fellow transhuman.

However, I regret to inform you that you have not passed the cursory cv inspection. Don't pm us, we'll pm you.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I've come to the sad realization that I'll never manage to play something that isn't a D20 derivative in RL, and I've read a bit about Eclipse Phase many moons ago. Gotta ask, what kind of campaign this one is in regard to the setting? Factional? We got free reign?

Regarding mental diseases, I'm on the 'Dex so I'm kinda insane. I hope this won't cause problems.

I've got some experience with online "PnP" (even horrible, horrible Skype-powered attempts) and I agree that writing is far, far better.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I've come to the sad realization that I'll never manage to play something that isn't a D20 derivative in RL, and I've read a bit about Eclipse Phase many moons ago. Gotta ask, what kind of campaign this one is in regard to the setting? Factional? We got free reign?
We're working for firewall(the secretive protectors of transhumanity). The campaign revolves around some plot involving dropping a huge ass asteroid on mars to reap profits from retarraformation and some amok-nanobots. It's as of yet unclear how the two are connected.

We basically do one scenario at a time. Start with a briefing, fast forward to planet/city/moon of interest and then start roaming around looking for clues(TM) and then trying to resolve the situation(R) to the best of our abilities/agendas.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Basically what the guy above said.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I could squeeze one more game into my calendar (I already have over 3 campaigns going on, all different groups), but if you find someone else with more time, then it's fine by me.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Eclipse phase is kinda cool. Maybe I'm interested but the question is: are you guys super rule lawyer-ish or do you take it more relaxed about sometimes bending the laws?

/e: and who's the DM?

Dayyālu

Arcane
We're working for firewall(the secretive protectors of transhumanity). The campaign revolves around some plot involving dropping a huge ass asteroid on mars to reap profits from retarraformation and some amok-nanobots. It's as of yet unclear how the two are connected.

We basically do one scenario at a time. Start with a briefing, fast forward to planet/city/moon of interest and then start roaming around looking for clues(TM) and then trying to resolve the situation(R) to the best of our abilities/agendas.

Thanks.

I'll download some torrents and refresh my memory of the rules, let's see if something strikes my fancy.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
are you guys super rule lawyer-ish

Nay, we are reasonable about stupid rules.

but when the die is cast, all bets are off

/e: and who's the DM?

Me +M

I'll download some torrents and refresh my memory of the rules, let's see if something strikes my fancy.

Also, keep in mind that we've been playing EP barely since September and have only made it to Scenario III thus far, so for the moment we aren't using any splatbooks, only the core rulebook. Still, the core rulebook is so insanely terrible and GM-unfriendly that odds are we'll be searching for some new pdfs Soon (tm).

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Eclipse Phase has a great setting, but the rules really need some work/rework/complete overhaul.

Also, you the DM?
046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc5cab6ef1d1b1ab.jpg

Xisiqomelir

Educated
Forgot how...involved the chargen is for this game:

695e56a970ab1559bbcd68d0dc4b45c2.jpg

mFahBVQ.png

Petro is an uplifted Giant Hermit Crab, approximately 800% the biomass of his non-sapient ancestors, but still size Medium gear by pg. 297 of the rulebook. Despite his profligate lifestyle and blatantly felonious disposition, both characteristics due to a mild addiction to pre-Fall intoxicants, he is proud of the Autonomist Alliance in general and his home Titanian Commonwealth in particular. He brings a variety of technical and academic skills to the table, and is very loyal to his friends, who he regards as para-symbionts.

I used the octomorph and inverted the climb and swim bonuses, basically.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I was skimming the rules during pauses, and ooh boy, I forgot how "On Your Face" EP writing is. It's bad enough in some places to make even a lifelong leftie like me roll his eyes.
Our campaign takes place on the moons of marz, so there's not a lot of communism going on.

We play via IRC

Out of curiosity, doesn't this take a million years to resolve anything? Never did none verbal RP.
It has its ups and downs. It's especially great for sending sekrit pms to GM since no one even knows. Combat can be quite slow, but I am told that is usually the case anyway.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Well I would be interested, if only to see how this type of experience plays out from a purely text perspective. However I do have some questions:

1) What is the general tone of the group? In terms of serious business, comedy, fooling around etc.
2) How often does combat happen generally? Or rather how often does it get dungeon crawl-y?
3) This is a bit of a hard one to ask but does real life seep in the RP? I ask because I've had more than one situation where someone got up and left. Basically, irrelevant of the game's context, no politics please.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
1) What is the general tone of the group? In terms of serious business, comedy, fooling around etc.

Unedited gameplay preview:

<Chomik> Ex is hanging out
<Chomik> Jan is at the gallery
<Chomik> with Johan
<Chomik> Testa is at the disco
* Jan pretends to walk away from the dancefloor, but it was only a ruse!
<Johan> i thought jan was at dancefloor
<Testa> (so nobody is watching the one at the VR place?)
<Testa> (I thought Jan followed the other woman)
<Johan> I'll go to vr then
<Chomik> but Jan said he was leaving the dance floor
<Chomik> yeah
<Jan> [yeah but I got certain PMs that changed the situation Testa]
<Chomik> Testa and Jan are listening in on the two bummers at the dancefloor
<Chomik> the woman is speaking with a very concerned voice
<Chomik> "I lost it"
* Testa dances like a dancing king despite terrible trauma. Truly inspirational.
* Jan manages to also keep tabs on the womynheaded towards the gallery due to his incredible rol-- I mean multitasking
<Chomik> "You did *what*?" answers the guy
<Chomik> "I fucking lost it, okay"
<Johan> :problem?:
<Testa> (lmao women cant even bomb right)
<Jan> [:D]
<Chomik> "Do you know how?"
<Chomik> "No idea, I had it right with me before entering the tower"
<Chomik> "Someone must have palmed it right off me"
<Jan> [maybe they only had the one bomb between them]
<Chomik> "That's bad."
<Jan> [hopefully]
<Chomik> "Yes."
<Chomik> "But we might still make-do"
<Chomik> "Yes."
<Jan> @_@
<Testa> (walk up to one of them and say 'HEY THIS PARTY'S THE BOMB, ISN'T IT!')
<Testa> (can't go wrong)
<Jan> [this party simply blows the others away!]
<Johan> do eet
<Chomik> the bummers at the dance floor dont say anything more
<Jan> [we gonna try anything on the dancefloor peeps?]
<Testa> (step 1: perform dance moves so extraordinary and seductive the woman ditches her partner and explains the whole plot. Step 2: ??? Step 3: Save the day)
<Testa> (are they still talking?)
* Jan loses interest in the couple and heads to the gallery.
<Testa> (jan not gonna try to take the dudes' bomb on dance floor?)
<Testa> (no way I'd manage with my skills and trauma)
<Jan> [they have bomb cases too?]
<Testa> (well they must have something)
<Jan> [why are we assuming all 4 have bombs?]
<Testa> (because one did, and now another has a box too)
<Testa> (so assuming the other 2 likely do as well seems reasonable)
<Johan> (just take it, at worst its not a bomb but still essential to their plans)
<Jan> [I'm not there anymore so]
<Jan> :M
<Testa> (me keeps an eye on the time for the russian to meet the security detail)
<Jan> [I say you do a dance move so potent it'll knock the box out]
<Testa> ok
<Jan> [then they'll have to search for it in the dark room]
* Testa attempts an extremely skilled dance move to potentially knock stuff out of the guy's pockets or whatever.
<Jan> :M
<Jan> pray for doubles
<Chomik> thaaaaat's
<Chomik> gonna be a rorr
<Chomik> :m
<Testa> ,eproll 60
<General_Sturnn> Testa:47 Excellent Success!.
<Chomik> @_________@
<Testa> heeeeeeey
<Jan> not bad!
<Johan> :M
* Testa is the dancing king.
<Chomik> Testa stands right next to the couple
<Chomik> and suddenly starts going
<Chomik> 'Cause it's fun to stay in the...
<Chomik> Y-M-C-A!
<Jan> [hahaha]
<Chomik> His outstreched arms at Y
<Jan> [I can see the Y motion doin the trick]
<Chomik> knock the shit out of the guy
<Testa> (very fashionable dance move in space future)
<Chomik> and send him to the floor
<Chomik> Jan, something fell out of his suit
<Chomik> now's the time for palming
* Jan does his duty in the dark
<Jan> ,eproll 60 PALM
<General_Sturnn> Jan:37 Excellent Success! for PALM.
<Jan> [cheddar has clearly neutered ppoor boreale]
<Chomik> You snatch the goods before the two bummers can react
<Chomik> yeah
<Jan> [we'd be halfway to hell by now in DH]
<Johan> (Forging life into the die rolls is hard)
<Testa> (brb using all Art skills in unintended ways. Art:Singing to break glass)

2) How often does combat happen generally? Or rather how often does it get dungeon crawl-y?

Highly dependent on scenario and the degree to which the players decide to go full retardo. Dungeon crawls are rare, combat typically happens at least once per seshun in some form.

3) This is a bit of a hard one to ask but does real life seep in the RP? I ask because I've had more than one situation where someone got up and left. Basically, irrelevant of the game's context, no politics please.

This group has been going on for like 6 years now, so it's p stable.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Unedited gameplay preview:
We used to be more serious than this (most of the time), but eclipse phase is kind of a low stakes setting. Everyone has backups so death is kind of trivial.

This group has been going on for like 6 years now, so it's p stable.
:negative:

It's a codexian group. You should expect the occasional joke on expense of women/libruls/relitards/neckbeards/normies/jews/etc. However, since it's a codexian group no one actually takes offense :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom