Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
stealth roll: [1d100] = 97

Well shit.

Borric creeps forward as loudly as possible, hoping that the Fey will notice him and not Rhenmyr.
He stamps on a few dry sticks and crashes into a few bushes for good measure.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The strange "man" cocks his head on its side and listens to the sound of Borric kicking several large boulders loose, "Ah, friends of yours?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
The tall man-like creature, with the single cloven hoof calls out in Kurgan, "Come out my friend. No need to skulk and be shy. My offer stands for you too."

He then cranes his head around and looks briefly at the rectangular hole cut into the ruined flagstones -- a hole darker than midnight. "Far be it from me to question your courage, but I fear greatly that you won't much like what you find down there. So that's where I can help. Whatever you want and I'll deliver it to you just as you command in exchange for a pledge; you become mine when I collect in thirty years time. Chances are you'll be moldering in the ground by that point and will have no need of a soul." He reaches into the folds of his black broad cloak and pulls forth a rolled up parchment, with a single flick of his wrist it unfurls itself across the lichen covered stones; it appears to be a long list scribbled in a variety of sigils and runes. With his other hand he reaches for the feather tucked into the brim of his comical looking hat and holds it forth. The sharpened tip looks like a more than passable ink quill.

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Brandy? Ah where are my manners?!" Keep looks down and finds a cup of strong liquor in his hand that wasn't there a moment before

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán gives Ker a look before facing the tall man. "Thank you for your hospitality, but I'm afraid we're not willing to bargain our souls. Would you be willing to just give us the whereabouts of the 'bonnie lass' and the two men that was... accompanying her for something more mundane? Money, information, perhaps?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
He shakes his head and smiles ruefully, "What need have I of gold or baubles?" He takes off his hat and reaches into it and let's a handful of gold run through his fingers. "As for Information, why son what can you tell me that I don't already know? I remember a time when your forebears lived in trees and crawled about on all fours. No, I have but one price and one price only for the things I can grant -- there are rules after all." He pauses and waves his hand airily, "After all, I think it's a fair deal. I mean you're barely using the thing."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"A wager then, you seem to like those. For my immortal soul, if I can tell you something you don't know by tomorrow, then you'll help us find who we're looking for. How about it?"

Cormac eyes the fey with furrowed brow. "This talk of bargaining souls? This is the kind of discussion that invokes the wrath of Arawn. You would do best to refrain from such behavior lest you become a target of the great hunt."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"If, by your reckoning, our souls are not of much use to our own selves, how on earth would they be of worth to you?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
The vulpine featured thing listens intently first to Marcán, then to Cormac and finally Borric, "Have no fear gentlemen. The vagaries of soul taking and trading is an esoteric pastime between those of us who dwell beyond the Fields You Know. I assure you that just because they aren't of much value here, they do have a kind of value for those who know what to do with them." He then winks at Marcán, "But it looks like there's at least one amongst your number with the stones to parley." A sound of tinkling chimes fills the air and a sort of dazed weariness fills your bones, making you feel drowsy and then compelled to sit. Make a POW vs. POW resistance roll (Just roll a d100 and tell me your POW and I'll work out if you resist the urge or not.)

Rhenmyr notices a weird twinkling glamour fill the air, like tiny motes of irridescent dust filling the air inside the broch (He doesn't need a POW vs. POW roll).

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Not liking the display of magic, Rhenmyr takes careful aim at the fey being but awaits Cormac's signal or further funny business.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Looking at the resistance table, everybody done goofed. Here's hoping the Keltic resist enchantment special will help someone. :M

nikolokolus

Arcane
Everyone inside the broch needs to pass a Luck roll (POWx5) to avoid glimpsing the entrancing motes of light, equivalent to closing your eyes or looking straight down at your feet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom