Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Swords and Sorcery - Underworld: Definitive Edition

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Lord Azlan

Did you see F10 for saving? It is quick but careful, the occasional F5 should be used as well.

Giving a priest intel might make for good imaginary conversation but that's about it.

search the snake pits

If you just hit the dwarf town there is still quite a bit to do. Have fun with the goblins :)

Thanks for your feedback :)

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Very fun game, I liked every part of it (combat, character developpement and exploration) from start to finish, no weak part.
Although I've got no problem at all with slow-paced games, I think the somewhat fast pacing of this game is refreshing and gives it some personality.

Waiting for the sequel.

Trias_Betrayed

Scholar
Yep, I totally got mixed up. In that case I only dislike travelling back to the inn constantly to heal back up but yeah that was retarded

Mustawd

Hi Charles-cgr, just a quick bug report (unless I'm misunderstanding)

1. So the bestiary entry for Vampyr says this (red box emphasis added by me):
LFvq5FZ.jpg

However, when I go into combat, the Vampyr automatically drains my blood? Or is she merely hitting me for all my HP?

0L9A71Z.png

Also, the sound effects and music is turned off. However, if I enter the Temple on the first town level it still makes a huge booooong!! noise. Which is pretty annoying since I wanted zero sound to begin with, so it cut into whatever I was listening to.

EDIT: Same thing happens when you exit the menu.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Sorry I manually flagged all the sound exécutions to not run when sound is off and apparently I missed a couple :/ Added to fixes for next update but that could be a while longer...

Yes the vampyr hit Solen Rae for 48 dmg, which effectively knocked her out. She took the risk of joining the melee I see :D

Mustawd

a couple more bugs to report:

1. I tried casting Burning Hand with Solen Rae and get a message that the enemy is out of melee range. So then I try to cast Small Sun and am told the enemy has to be out of melee range. This has been pretty persistent the whole time, but I guess I just got annoyed enough to report it now :P

SaLiTEC.jpg

2. Solen Rae's Arcane Bolt sometimes does not allow me to abort the spell if I have multiple targets.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Sorry for the delay Mustawd

Actually that isn't a bug. Solen Rae cannot touch the target with her burning hand because she is out of melee. But the target isn't (the Phantom is in contact with Rubens and Renae), which is why Small Sun isn't an option.

edit - I'll look into the Arcane Bolt abort option.

edit - actually none of the offensive spells can be aborted at the target select stage. I remember giving up on that due to abort being an option that appeared only when the book did (for friendly target selection or spells, or inventory).

Squishy is for the fragile casters or is there another meaning?

edit - Best wishes for the new year everyone :)

Last edited:

Mustawd

Actually that isn't a bug. Solen Rae cannot touch the target with her burning hand because she is out of melee. But the target isn't (the Phantom is in contact with Rubens and Renae), which is why Small Sun isn't an option.

Oh I see. It has to do with if the target is in melee, period. Just note that that particular distinction could be a bit clearer for your next game.

edit - actually none of the offensive spells can be aborted at the target select stage. I remember giving up on that due to abort being an option that appeared only when the book did (for friendly target selection or spells, or inventory).

Unfortunate, as it's terribly annoying. At least I know now.

Yes.

ColCol

Arcane
Sorry for the delay Mustawd

edit - I'll look into the Arcane Bolt abort option.

edit - Best wishes for the new year everyone :)

How's the sequel coming along?

Mustawd

A typo report (sorry, not trying to pile on. Just trying to help).

See red underline.

GZPgQk4.jpg

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Sorry for the choppy responses, there was a death in the family. I'll be mostly unavailable for a while.

Sovereign is a priority project on track for release in the coming months, hopefully.

Mustawd

Charles, I know you're dealing with stuff, but thought I should continue to report stuff. Just trying to make the game better.

1. Typo below. It should say "mentioned", not "mentionned".

dZZw6c6.jpg

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Sorry to hear about the news, Charles. Hope things have been better since.

Mustawd

1. Just a thought, but when the party gets cursed, the party view is the only place where it's actually visible. I think it might help if there was some other indication.

j1wBkpT.jpg

1a. Is there any way to get rid of curse without having to rest the party? I'm in a spot where I constantly get cursed, and it's frustrating that there's not a spell or something to counter it.

(Oh wait....they're sprites...the most annoying things ever. FUUUUUUUUUUUuu)

2. Another sound that plays even when all sounds are turned off: The Dwarf City Tavern. You can hear the page sound effects you sort through the different ware categories.

3. Ran into a bug where I'm unable to access my spells except for in combat. Saving and reloading the game seems to fix it. Just an FYI. Not sure what triggers it.

EDIT:

4. When looking at (B)ooks, the Close part of the UI is hidden due to its placement. It only shows up when you scroll your mouse over it. Red box emphasis included by me.

Lgtqi2l.jpg

6tlWYZr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustawd

Charles-cgr , your game kind of has a lull in the first part, but damn it's really opened up now! I

killed the Vampires+mummies mini boss area on my second run (the area with a lot of water and where the sprites and troglodytes show up).

I'm all feeling good about myself and then go down a corridor, the floating flaming face shows up, one shots one of my guys, then my cleric uses a black pellet to GTFO, and then my sorceress uses Ascend spell to get back to town.

Was a legit WTF moment. Good job so far man. I'm having a blast now. :salute:

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Mustawd Thanks, Also don't think I'm ignoring your other comments. I'll get around to them but unless something game-breaking comes up I'm focusing on Sovereign for now.

Edit - there's a component you can buy that removes curse. But you're not there yet. :)
Unless it drops from a battle, but that isn't very likely.

I thought I could spell :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom