Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Looks like Pillars of Eternity 2 is going to be officially announced soon

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Infinitron said:
Citation needed
74851821.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
High level adventure on PoE engine would be terrible. Just look at it's spell repertoire now as they scale same boring effects with average 1.5 good spells per level and weep. And you'll use those on level 15 Witcher-3 gangrapers and level 27 bears. And level scaling from PoE1 3.0 as a brown turd cherry on a cake. Don't want.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
^ Jew button needed

The cuck button is the one for Infinitron whenever he shills, which is most of the time.

Nope, nope, nope, nope...

Pretty much the essence of PoE.

You can't come to an agreement with the "if you play better you win more" fanboys. It's just not possible. Modern game design: win or win more.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I was going to argue that one man's cucking is not another man's agenda, but I don't think that's necessarily true.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not impossible that it gets released at the end of this year if they've been working since White March Part 2 released and their development pipeline is honed, but I'd be more confident about the game's quality with a 2018 release date.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
When did they announce Tyranny? A year before release seems to far out for them to make an announcement. But what do I know.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I have more faith in Obs putting out a better game (PoE 2) than I do inXile. Numanuma has good intentions but everything they've showed so far has been terribly mediocre.]

I *love* turn-based combat. It is truly a rare breed, like inXile, that manages to fuck up turn-based combat.... never forget Wasteland 2, people.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
oh snap! I'd forgotten about BT4!!!!!

forget poe2 and numanuma, that's the one RPG coming out soon i most want to play. I only wish it was grid-based instead of shitty 3D.

FUCK YEAH! u just got me hyped as fuck. My biggest fear is that it will not be a true dungeon crawler... but it's still super early. Fingers crossed hoping it will be good.

EDIT: however i am not looking foward to all of the morons who are gonna come out saying omg omg bard's tale 4 finally revives the dead genre turn-based dungeon crawlers! we haven't had one of these in years!!! etc.

i will be VERY busy in those threads telling them how ignorant they are about the "genre".

btw, Dorateen, I recently (as in 2 days ago) began playing "StarCrawlers", a grid-based 'crawler that was kickstarted very recently. I recommend it! it's not the most complex thing ever, as it doesn't even feature traditional attributes, and the dungeons are small, but despite what I just wrote it still manages to provide good gameplay, some good class balance, and semi-decent itemization.

some of the boss fights are even hard too. the thing holding it back the most are the dungeon sizes... however they did put effort into making each room (each "tile") worth exploring; the reason the sizes are so small is due to them using Unity engine, btw.

Hope the same won't happen to BT4.

i'd give StarCrawlers 6.5/10 and totally recommend you play it.

Last edited:

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
When did they announce Tyranny? A year before release seems to far out for them to make an announcement. But what do I know.

But there will be a kickstarter campaign for this one right? Or whatever the platform is called now.

So my guess would be more than one year.

When is this stream btw?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I don't have a problem with using KickStarter. Seriously, I don't give a FUCK where the money comes from:

If the game is good, then I will like it. It is as simple as that.

I realize (perhaps being too generous here...) that the people poo-pooing kickstarter do so because of the traps a KS can create, such as:

- overpromising in order to con backers into buying tiers.
- making said high-money tiers stuff that does not benefit or is relevant to the gameplay (goods, backer shit like memorials, the horrid "soul stories", etc).
- design-by-committee (such as making polls about X or Y feature being in the game or not).

Yes, those are all extremely valid concerns, but like I said: non-KickStarters games are all mostly complete unplayable shit too!

don't stress over where they get their money, instead judge the game on its own merits. HOPEFULLY obsidian learned from the last campaign and will avoid doing retarded stuff like:

- making a game completely devoid of any NPCs with something interesting to say... because they decided to populate the entire game's NPC roster with backer fan-fiction.

yes. let's hope they learned.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Well, you have been warned. When the reality hits and you start noticing the first signs of Oblivion on BT4, you will remember this post. I bet that some people here will still enjoy it just because of graphics, but will keep using the "muh dungeon crawler" excuse. This and the obvious betrayal will make dungeon crawler fags even more infuriated. The butthurt will be glorious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom