Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rat Diplomacy 2: Fish Cannot Carry Guns

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fot inputting orders, webdip uses drop down menus - this makes it much easier to input moves on a mobile for example, but it also makes it much easier to review and change your moves, or even to see if they are legal. The playdip system of clicking on the map is misorder galore and you always need to double check them, because the interface is wonky as fuck. The webdip map is also much easier to read imo than the default playdip one. Your press to individual countries is also in one log so you don't have to open each message individually like on playdip.

As for features, you can choose type of press (full, public, gunboat), variant (anc med/modern/world etc., good if you have different number of players than 7), anon/non-anon, visible/hidden draw votes. Games can also be paused and it's generally not a problem to replace a player if anyone needed to drop out. Also you are not limited to 3 games like on playdip and can play as many as you want.

Countries are distributed randomly, but if there's demand I could probably arrange manual reassignment the mods.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Glad to have you Projas! I'm happy with Playdiplomacy and never needed the paid options, I don't mind them charging a bit for extra stuff as long as the vanilla game is free. But if there are other advantages to webdiplomacy we could give it a shot, especially if they have freer extension rules.

We are still waiting on KoolNoodles' decision on whether he'll join or not :)

I think I will have to pass this game as well. Every time I think I have time, lately, I miss some other game's turn. :|

sqeecoo

Arcane
So currently we have Eadee, Kulja, Projas, Tigranes, and Muty. Still need two more :)

EDIT: Oh and me, so one more :D

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes, webdp doesn't make bad orders impossible, but it restricts them to actual strategic errors like bouncing against yourself or whatever, rather than ordering illegal moves or whatever. Definitely webdp. I've only ever played the bog standard version which I like so can't say for other features. Player vote for pause and finalise exists.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Sure, we'd love to have you! That makes 7 then. Are we ok with random picks on webdiplomacy or do you want to ask Projas to try to arrange nation picks? I'm fine with random :)

Eadee

Scholar
I don't really care. If it's random, fine, if it is to be picked I'd like to get anything but Turkey or England, preferably Germany.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Ummm, soon? :D

Is there any catch to look out for in creating a game on webdiplomacy? Shall one of the veterans from there create our game, or should I? If you want me to do it, I'll probably have time to figure it out tomorrow.

Projas

Patron
I can do it if you want to, just tell me what phase length do you guys want. I'd personally prefer 2 or 3 days. Also I'm assuming non-anonymous and visible draw votes, unless you guys are inclined otherwise.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah, 48h for the turns, 24h for retreat and build phases was what we played last time. Visible draw votes, of course. Vanilla version of the map, and that's that I think :) As I said, I can take the time to figure out the site if you like, probably tomorrow.

Projas

Patron
Alright, I made the game, join away.

http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=189828
password: littlemissfun

If no one has a problem with that, I'd like to request we don't start until tuesday, as I'm gonna have limited access to the internet for the better part of the next two days. Don't want to be a bother, but the first phases are always the most important. Join freely though, I'm just gonna leave and then rejoin so the game doesn't start yet. In the meantime if anyone is new to diplomacy, there's the basics:

http://webdiplomacy.net/intro.php

There's the FAQ (also has info about interface and stuff):

http://webdiplomacy.net/faq.php

Also, there's the adjudicator outcomes, if you needed to find out how a relatively complicated situation would resolve:

http://webdiplomacy.net/datc.php

sqeecoo

Arcane
Thanks man! Sure, waiting until Tuesday shouldn't be a problem. Join away guys!

Eadee

Scholar
I'd love to know which Nation I play 48 hours before we start to read some specific guides and think about stuff, is that possible in webdiplomacy?

Projas

Patron
Afraid not. Once the game starts, you get 2 days before the orders process. Alternatively we could pause the game once it starts, but then nothing prevents people from sending each other press.

Tigranes

Arcane
you can read guides during the first turn, it's not like taking a couple hours to do it will make you miss out on crucial alliances as long as you don't go awol.

Projas

Patron
Alright, I've rejoined the game and am ready to start. Looks like we're still waiting for 2 people.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Well, Muty is a bro but he has a slight tendency to disappear... I'm officially opening up the game if there's another player that wants to join. Of course, if Muty comes back in the meantime he is still completely welcome to join :)

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
wait what, nm sorry

edit: Did my turn, sorry forgot to subscribe to the thread

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's time for a révolution of the whole world, mon ami!

shot-of-french-flag-waving-in-wind-caen-normandy-france-video-id185784582

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom