Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2016 Role-Playing Game of the Year & Age of Incline Voting

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Well, I disagree. Pillars is more widely known here, but it is not popular by any means.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It will certainly be so. Remember that Dragon Age lies at #33, above all Ultimas, Gold Box games and Daggerfall. And I'm quite sure people think Pillars of Eternity > Dragon Age: Origins.

Sizzle

Arcane
Well, Roguey is a troll for the most part and I never saw him saying anything meaningful whatsover about a game feature, ever.

You should read more of his posts. S/he's by no means an expert, but does say interesting and well thought out things from time to time (unlike you).

E-stalking skills are bonus if you are a retarded who gives too much importance about obscury celebrity developers and studios.

Says the guy who would gladly fellate Vault Dweller :D

Charisma? Define charisma.

That thing you have (or in your case - severely lack) that makes you interesting to others. Which is why Roguey's posts are, even when obvious troll bait, at least somewhat fun to read, and why yours boil down to "Every game should be like AoD!" and are thoroughly predictable and boring.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Last year AoD got more 5s than Underrail, but lost because Underrail fanboys downvoted with 1. I give Underrail a 4, because I'm not dishonest. I should give it a 1 though, because the system encourages you to praise one game and downvote the rest in order to win.

Check your facts: AoD fanbois were the ones which perpetrated a brigade down-voting against Underrail.

Yeah, there were more votes of AoD 5/Underrail 1 than Underrail 5/Aod 1 compared to the overall votes for both games.

Underrail won in spite of these insecure little bitches.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
How come Defender's Quest is on the list? It doesn't have any rpg elements aside from very simplistic levelling.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Unfinshed? - That is bullshit. Ara Fell is a 30 hour game that tells a believable story with many side quests, never gets boring and is really fun. The boss fights are challenging. But it seems that indie games get more criticized on the Codex these days or are ignored completely.

To be fair, there are a number of games that seem to have been excluded, which, together with the joke inclusions (Saturday Morning RPG, wut) apparently stuck in felipepepe head when he drew up the list, probably have no place being on it for the simple reason that very few people have played them (usually, for good reason.) Leaving them with virtually no chance of finding their way into the top whatever-whatever.
The solution is people enter the name of the game and vote for it. And deny them a list to troll through.

All you'd have is a textbox and a score.

Then you'd only get the games people remember.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Check your facts: AoD fanbois were the ones which perpetrated a brigade down-voting against Underrail.

Yeah, there were more votes of AoD 5/Underrail 1 than Underrail 5/Aod 1 compared to the overall votes for both games.

Underrail won in spite of these insecure little bitches.
lol
That's funny coming from UR fanboy. What's more, you're lying, pathetic.
Another cut - the results without 1/5 votes (no no downvotting):
  1. Age of Decadence 4,28
  2. Underrail 4,21
  3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 4,17
  4. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Editon 3,88
  5. Invisible, Inc. 3,87
  6. Conquest of Elysium 4 3,81
  7. Voidspire Tactics 3,70
  8. Swords and Sorcery - Underworld - Definitive Edition 3,69
  9. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin 3,65
  10. Legend of Heroes: Trail in the Sky SC 3,63
Even so, PoE remains at #26. It's interesting, because what doomed it wasn't the 1 & 2 votes, was the overwhelming amount of 3s.

So I made some graphics to compare that:

HQFBv9Q.jpg

We also see that while haters hated Undertale a lot, it would never make it into the Top 10 anyway, because few people really enjoyed it. Hard West is interesting because a lot of people liked it, but very few found it GREAT!

And damn, Sword Coast Legends bombed...
1 rating was given by 20 accounts for AoD and only 7 for UR. At the same time out of those 20, 9 UR fanboys rated UR 5 and AoD 1 and FeelTheRads 4-1. For AoD only 2 people rated AoD 5 and UR 1 (likaq and MarkedOne). None of the "AoD cultists" besides likaq have downvoted UR. Everything is clear as day on the graphs that felipepepe has presented. 5% of all of those who played UR (436 people) rated it 1 or 2 and 7% for AoD (out of 468). So Underrail won because of these insecure little bitches

Polanski

Scholar
What a completely boring and mediocre year. My #1 was Banner Saga 2 with a 3 score.

I still have high hopes for the future though with Battle Brothers, Six Ages, Torment, Wasteland 3, PoE2, Colony Ship, Expedition Vikings, Copper Dreams and Daniel Fedor's new game, all luring somewhere in the horizon.

Polanski

Scholar
What a completely boring and mediocre year. My #1 was Banner Saga 2 with a 3 score.

Well it wouldn't be that mediocre if you played the better game of the year, i.e. Fallout 1.5 Resurrection.
I was kind of hoping someone would tell me, that there was something I missed. I will check it out!

I tried SoD, Darkest Dungeon, Tyranny, Dungeon Rats and Banner Saga 2, though I don't think I got even halfway through any of them.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
So I had given South Park: The Stick of Truth 4 stars...

I just replayed the first 40 minutes of the game, and it's downright terrible. I now gave it two stars, only because if you are a fan of South Park, you may enjoy it.

This is a movie dressed as an RPG, tons of references to earlier episodes and jokes that you may not even find funny, but the actual game is terrible. If you don't like South Park, don't even bother playing this game.

Gregz

Arcane
People in the codex downvote other games cause they want their favorite game to win?

Only a retarded self-hating minority, and there are ways to identify and eliminate those scumbags. Pepe did it before, and he will do it again.

It's very important to have the ability to downvote games that get undeserved praise here for various political reasons. The Codex is not the center of the universe. If a game is good it should stand on its own merits.

The ability to downvote a game anonymously is just as important as being able to vote a game up. It ensures the poll reflects what people actually think, not what they are told to think if they want to fit in.

Last edited:

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
I enjoyed Voidspire Tactics and Sorcerer King the most (also "Age of fear 2" which is not listed if I remember correctly)!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom