Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2016 Role-Playing Game of the Year & Age of Incline Voting

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I just watched “Florence Foster Jenkins”. The idea that someone could sing in such a grotesque manner and still think she was good reminds me of Inxile and Obsidian games. They are so bad they are good in some comic and bizarre way.

sstacks

Arcane
CBA8891B2523C6A5BF036EF7C38CB28FF397ADFD

Still looks better than Wasteland 2.

What the crap man you're gonna blind somebody.

Bored Games

Literate
No doubt either POE or Witcher 3 will take it for 2015. I found playing through the class stories in SWTOR more interesting.

V_K

Arcane
After it's finished, we need to do the battle of the polls - All-Time Top 50 vs. Years of Incline Top 50. It should probably use ranked voting, so that we can finally see if incline did really happen or not.

V_K

Arcane
Implying that there were 50 great games in the past 5 years, lol.
In every ranked list with more than 50 entries there's a top 50, doesn't have anything to do with them being great or not.
What I'm interested in is how these newer games would measure up agains older ones - would any of them make it to the top 10? top 20? etc.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hummm.... IMHO the big names are Age of Decacende, Pillars of Eternity, Dragon's Dogma and Divinity: Original Sin. These will all likely make into the Top 20, and one will probably dethrone Wizardry 8.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
inclusive list.

Go back to homosutra.

Exactly.

POLLS 101

Polls are popularity contests. If you don't like popularity contests, don't make one; and if you have to make one, don't try to change it into something else.

What is insidious about this system is that it pretends to be inclusive but what it is really achieving is a questionable way to promote shitty games and a way to reward more conservative games.

It's questionable because people that don't care about weaboo shit, will continue ignoring it. It rewards more conservative games, because allow players to downvote more innovative games that they didn't play out of spite.

Td;lr it doesn't work.

mondblut

Arcane
It rewards more conservative games, because allow players to downvote more innovative games that they didn't play out of spite.

That's actually the good part. But there are so many pukes in the list that finding "more conservative games" in there becomes a challenge. I actually started downvoting every filthy abomination, but got tired of it midway through 2012 :negative:

And hey, no need to being so butthurt in advance that AoD won't be elected the bestest gaem evar in the million of multiverses :lol:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Last year AoD got more 5s than Underrail, but lost because Underrail fanboys downvoted with 1. I give Underrail a 4, because I'm not dishonest. I should give it a 1 though, because the system encourages you to praise one game and downvote the rest in order to win.

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Last year AoD got more 5s than Underrail, but lost because Underrail fanboys downvoted with 1. I give Underrail a 4, because I'm not dishonest. I should give it a 1 though, because the system encourages you to praise one game and downvote the rest in order to win.

That's not how a bayesian average works.

Sizzle

Arcane
Lurker King is to AoD what Roguey is to Josh Sawyer (if Roguey had a Charisma score of 1 and lacked the fine e-stalking skills s/he's famous for).

Zeriel

Arcane
Hummm.... IMHO the big names are Age of Decacende, Pillars of Eternity, Dragon's Dogma and Divinity: Original Sin. These will all likely make into the Top 20, and one will probably dethrone Wizardry 8.

That's depressing if true. The only one that belongs is Age of Decadence. Pillars should be laughed out of any list, Dragon's Dogma is okay but still just an average action game, and Divinity while I love it is mostly only loved because it's a return to form (actual turn based combat) in the modern era. Most of them don't stack up in a "of all time" sense.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
That's depressing if true. The only one that belongs is Age of Decadence. Pillars should be laughed out of any list, Dragon's Dogma is okay but still just an average action game, and Divinity while I love it is mostly only loved because it's a return to form (actual turn based combat) in the modern era. Most of them don't stack up in a "of all time" sense.
And now you know why the antediluvians don't like the current Top 50 list... the look at Alpha Brotocol at #29 while Dungeon Master is at #59 and weep for this world.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

That's not how a bayesian average works.

My point is that a few dishonest 1s have more impact than the overall positive reception that AoD had. The system is controled by haters, it's retarded.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Lurker King is to AoD what Roguey is to Josh Sawyer (if Roguey had a Charisma score of 1 and lacked the fine e-stalking skills s/he's famous for).

Well, Roguey is a troll for the most part and I never saw him saying anything meaningful whatsover about a game feature, ever. E-stalking skills are bonus if you are a retarded who gives too much importance about obscury celebrity developers and studios. Charisma? Define charisma.

Zeriel

Arcane
And now you know why the antediluvians don't like the current Top 50 list... the look at Alpha Brotocol at #29 while Dungeon Master is at #59 and weep for this world.

At least Alpha Brotocol has a claim to fame for its C&C and weird dialogue system. What does Pillars have? Every aspect it does is taken from another game, and in almost every case it is doing it worse than the game it's trying to ape. I know you're probably just dropping those names based on popularity and have no interest in defending them because you don't believe they belong either, but damn. If Pillars really does end up high on the list in a few years I'm going to nuzzle up a shotgun and depart this vale of tears.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom