Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
ELEX and Spellforce 3 will be playable for public at PC Gamer Weekender in London: http://www.pcgamer.com/thq-nordic-bringing-titles-to-the-pc-gamer-weekender/

The PC Gamer Weekender will be host to a wide range of publishers and the lovely, lovely games they all want to bring with them.

One such attendee will be THQ Nordic, which is bringing with it a couple of interesting titles for the public to get a good, solid hands-on with. First up is ELEX, a brand new IP from Piranha Bytes—creators of the Risen and Gothic RPG series. An "Eclectic, Lavish, Exhilarating, Xenial open-world action-RPG", ELEX mixes sci-fi and fantasy to great effect.

Set in an edgy, dark and uncompromising world where players are battling for a magical resource known as—you guessed it—ELEX. Along the way you’ll explore futuristic and medieval settings, battle with swords, magic and guns and face off against—or just have a natter with—original characters and mutated creatures.

Piranha Bytes Game Director Bjorn Pankratz said ELEX will be a "completely new game experience with a fresh setting, new assets and plenty of possibilities."

THQ Nordic’s second title at the PC Gamer Weekender will be a more familiar, though no less exciting, name: Spellforce 3.

The third game in the near-15-year-old RPG/RTS series is being developed by Grimlore Games, and acts as a prequel to the original Spellforce: The Order of Dawn and maintains the series’ setting of Eo.

Both games and many more will be available to play at the PC Gamer Weekender, which is being held February 18-19 at the Olympia, London, in the UK. For more details see the site, and follow us on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news.

Deleted Member 16721

I'm excited for this. I think it looks cool, and even if it's Risen 2 with more guns and high tech, etc., that's not terrible since Risen 2 is a pretty good RPG. The first Risen is my favorite in the series but 2 is underrated. Haven't played 3 yet because I hear it's very easy. I hope ELEX has multiple difficulty options and good progression to make it challenging and more interesting.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Finally a sane person. Risen 1 is brilliant, and i also loved Risen 2. Check out Risen 3 bro, you'll enjoy it a lot, and its very easy if you play on easy. On hard diffucult its a good challenge. Its like Risen 2++.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
i also loved Risen 2. Check out Risen 3 bro, you'll enjoy it a lot, Its like Risen 2++.

"It's like Risen 2++".

Meaning, twice as simplified and twice as linear?

possibly_retarded.png

Sorry. Never mind.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

Risen 1 is excellent, I agree, even if it does have flaws it was my first experience with that style of RPG and it was pretty impressive. That's when I fell in love with the more "obscure" type of RPGs because they were so different from what I was used to.

Risen 2 had smaller islands and what not, but all in all it was still really good, IMO. The exploration is still good, even if they did break it up into smaller islands (I prefer the style of Risen 1 best). I beat Risen 2 in 60 or so hours and actually wanted more and was upset that it was over. Again, it has flaws, but since that style of RPG is pretty rare to begin with it's refreshing to play a game like that and I had a lot of fun with it.

I will play Risen 3 on the hardest difficulty. I heard it's pretty good and in some ways like Risen 1. It's also neat that it's available on my tablet. I think it's a Geforce exclusive or something. I'll pick up the Steam version sometime and play it on PC, though.

Also, I appreciate that Piranha Bytes are still making RPGs with most of their initial design ideas in tact. While I'd love a "real" new Gothic game, the Risen series comes close enough and ELEX should be special. It's not like there are many other RPG developers doing this kind of thing...

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Ive also said it before that Risen and Gothic games play and are designed in a very unique way and there are no other games quite like them. The series has its ups and downs, but as a whole they are my favorite RPGs out there.

Gothic > Risen > Risen 3 = Risen 2 > Gothic 2 > Gothic 3 >>>> most other RPGs.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

Ive also said it before that Risen and Gothic games play and are designed in a very unique way and there are no other games quite like them. The series has its ups and downs, but as a whole they are my favorite RPGs out there.

Word. I like the Gothic-style RPGs a lot, too. I always say that more modern RPG developers should really study the first 2 Gothic games. Those games still have a bunch of great ideas that just aren't done now by anyone other than Piranha Bytes.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Sad truth is, no one will and no one has yet. So if ELEX is Risen with guns, then its Day 1 for me.

Deleted Member 16721

Sad truth is, no one will and no one has yet. So if ELEX is Risen with guns, then its Day 1 for me.

Salute. Not much is day 1 for me anymore (I already have a million RPGs to get through the way it is) but ELEX will be up there for me, for sure.

Deleted Member 16721

lol. I don't take my tablet into the bathroom, but if that's your thing then by all means go for it. :)

Deleted Member 16721

I thought tablets and mobile-phones was made for just that purpose.

A) I don't spend more time in the bathroom than I need to. In and out.
B) I don't want to risk any damage to the tablet and would rather kick back and relax while playing it/using it in a recliner, bed, outside, etc. No need to take it to every room in the house.
C) If I ever accidentally dropped it in the toilet I would cry. :P

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You need to learn to live more dangerously! It's such a rush almost falling asleep in the bath, and in the last second notice the phone slipping out of your hand just to make a dramatic scramble to save it before it goes under :)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You need to learn to live more dangerously! It's such a rush almost falling asleep in the bath, and in the last second notice the phone slipping out of your hand just to make a dramatic scramble to save it before it goes under :)
not dangerous enough. While doing that, plug your phone to charge it from an electric outlet
:bounce::bounce:

Kahr

C) If I ever accidentally dropped it in the toilet I would cry. :P
How would you do that? How can that even happen with somebody shitting there? It's not even possible to happen.
Except you try to make dickpics while shitting...
This must be a thing and half of the codex does it anyway.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
But.. but.. nobody does better open world RPG's than Piranha. In the past years there was only ONE decent open world rpg made not by Piranha - FNV:M

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Gothic 1 > Gothic 2 >>>>>>>> Gothic 3 >> Risen >>>>>>>>>>>> Risen 3 >>>> Risen 2

Observe the intelligent use of '>' :)

Last edited:

Sjukob

Arcane
It is debatable which of the first two Gothics is better .

In general :
Gothic I is more unique with it's setting and has more interesting world .
Gothic II is more polished and has better controls .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom