Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo's new console: the Switch (formerly NX)

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Does it really surprise you that Nintendo charges out the ass for peripherals? I'm not justifying it, just saying you should know this particular devil by now.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Sony charges 60€ for their new controllers. It's not like the peripherals have ever been cheap on any of the platforms. Microsoft always charged the least amount.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Yeah, PS4/Xbox One pads cost ~62$ here. Why are people acting like Nintendo is some kind of unique snowflake?

It's like people whining about Nintendo charging for multiplayer. You made your bed a decade ago and now you get to lie in it, you fucking retards.

---

Arcane
Meh, once all the middle aged nerds who are still nostalgic about their NES days are gone nintendo won't be relevant in the home console field.
Dunno, it's a bit sad wishing for Nintendo failure. Especially since it's one of the few "big" software houses which actually care about the quality of their products. I can understand the hatred towards this new console, because it seems pretty horrible, but I would be sad if Nintendo failed.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
If you're buying this console, you're throwing $300 into garbage. Nintendo, aka Crappy Gimmicks Company, has learned nothing, and will burn itself into the ground this time. This is the last console they will ever make.

Remember, what you're getting is an XBOX360 with the habitually shitty/delayed line-up and antiquated online services.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Meh, once all the middle aged nerds who are still nostalgic about their NES days are gone nintendo won't be relevant in the home console field.
Dunno, it's a bit sad wishing for Nintendo failure. Especially since it's one of the few "big" software houses which actually care about the quality of their products. I can understand the hatred towards this new console, because it seems pretty horrible, but I would be sad if Nintendo failed.

Sad or not, for how much longer can Nintendo sell consoles based on titles like Donkey Kong and Zelda? These used to be big names back in the day but not anymore. The new generation has fond memories of playing CoD and Halo, not Mario and Kirby.

At this point it feels like Nintendo is on a different level than the rest of the gaming world to me. And the average gamer is gonna think "Do I buy a switch to play a few in-house IPs or do I buy a ps4 and guaranteed play every single AAA game to release in the next decade?"

Nintendo is probably the best option if you have kids or are a hardcore fan, but for everybody else I doubt it's worth it.

---

Arcane
Yeah, I can understand your point.
Still, it makes me feel a bit sad.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Pay for play online on Switch

giphy.gif

Fuckin yakuza, they are ruining Nintendo

Even though I think this going to end up like another Wii U, this is not the console to scream nintendoom, since they still have that wii treasure hoard so they can burn through another console or maybe even two. Also stating having paid online is a deathblow for nintendo seems kinda naive since both mircosoft and sony have been doing it for years.

B-but d-don't you see? Nintendotm is giving you a discount if you buy two of them instead of one! Nintendotm truly cares about it's customers!

Dexter

Arcane
Honestly, if Nintendo gave up their retarded gimmicky console releases and went Multiplatform with their software products on PC/PlayStation/Xbox they could be making RockStar GTA or Call of Duty kind of money and Sales with their IPs popularity and nostalgia alone. But for some reason they have the belief that they "need to experiment" and try to recapture that Wii market that just won't give a shit about a retarded-looking ~$300+ console and bring various consoles with only a few worthwhile titles they stupidly tie to the specific platform to market every few years that nobody in their right mind will give a shit about. How do they want to sell 10-30 Million+ in games when their upper limit in people that still give a shit about their "Wii U" (and likely also translateable to "Switch" and Nintendo as a whole if they continue down this path of madness) caps out at like ~13 Million people total, less than the audience they could attract with the GameCube in 2001. At this point they're just tripping up themselves. It's not like they're pushing some incredible technology that the others don't have, they always seem to be 5-7 years behind in the hardware department and the gimmicky shit they come up with to recapture that Wii audience gets worse all the time "It's like a tablet!", "It has even shittier hardware, but you can take it around with you for a few hours!" OOOOOH!

Many people would likely want and like their software/game output, not a lot of people are still left that give a shit about their gimmicky console cycle every 5 years though with like 5 worthwhile games per cycle and throwaway third party titles that would necessitate a ~$300-400 Premium. It's pretty obvious what they could (and should) do at this point.

Last edited:
Another SMT gaem released on separate, bullshit platform that will be emulated on PC in 2027. First Tokyo Mirrage Session then this. Fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom