Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Archibald

Arcane
Will it be exclusive for the Switch?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Will it be exclusive for the Switch?

Anything is possible, but I doubt it. As I said in the Switch thread in the GG sub, Atlus doesn't do multi plat games. The only games that they have done that are on multiple platforms are remakes. I'd just assume that it is exclusive unless they say otherwise. And pretty much every single SMT game has been exclusively on the Nintendo after the PS2 era. Persona 5 is the only one that wasn't.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What now makes me interested in the Switch is that it is region free. I'm probably getting one if there are at least 10 games I want.

Fire Emblem Warriors is a maybe
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a likely purchase
Dragon Quest XI
The legend of Zelda: BotW
Shin Megami Tensei Game
Super Mario Odyssey
Project Octopath Adventure
(by the Bravely Default team)

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Looks very cool.

My 3DS hasn't received a lot of use in the end, but that and SMT 5 just might make me buy Switch. First they need to come out in English though.

At least they only have to come out in english in any one region now since there's no region lock on the Switch, or I can always pick up Japanese courses in my university. I won't have to suffer a 1~2 year disparity between EU and US releases anymore. :happytrollboy:

duanth123

Arcane
Dungeon Travelers 2-2, sequel to best dungeon crawler on Vita, is finally releasing in Japan!

latest

6368678425798861726e67efd35d6d31.jpg

dungeon-travelers-22-yamiochi-no-otomo-to-hajimari-no-sho-382057.7.jpg

Cautiously optimistic they didn't butcher the gameplay. It appears to have been the same staff, at least with character design.

http://aquaplus.jp/dt2-2/index.html#header

http://www.play-asia.com/dungeon-tr...-sho/13/7086sp?affiliate_id=25525&tagid=25525

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Taito's mix of Wizardry and Roguelike, Wizrogue: Labyrinth of Wizardry is coming to Steam via Polish publisher Forever Entertainment:

ss_ccc3d61910f942810a62c66b7720d77f3dbd0e14.600x338.jpg

Apparently it was originally an arcade game, and then was ported to mobile. It was free to play on mobile, btw.

(Skip to 1:35 to see gameplay.)

At least from looking at JAPS playing the game on youtube, it doesn't look like you can issue individual commands to your party members? Hmm.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I played the original Utawarerumono ad it was pretty good. Never get to play the sequel though. I hope they consider a PC release but seeing how alergic Atlus to PC, I don't have much hope.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Ideal outcomes: Dragon's Crown, Armored Core, Monster Hunter

Acceptable Outcomes: Bayonetta, Other Vanillaware titles, God Hand, Warship Gunner/Commander

Likely outcomes: Some awful 3D sequel to a 2D series, random third rate musou game, Super Noah's Ark 3D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom