Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best drug for playing CRPGs?

RPGs are already the most powerful drug

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
I LOOOVED playing the first Postal while high on shrooms, but for most games nowadays : If I get too stoned, I'll read all about the game but spend very little time actually playing it, If I get drunk then I spend lots of time gettine "Immurrhshed!" but not making very intelligent progress, or just combat-rolling through my options. Ketamine and Robo just make me start games, then get lost watching cutscenes for days then daydreaming my own spinofff stories. Opiates: why would i play games when i have opiates. they make life game enough.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can understand getting high and playing RPG's, but most drugs are a social type thing. Other than alcohol, cigarettes, and coffee, I was never a big fan of being stoned and gaming. I think the last time I did it was playing "Demon's Winter" and I just kind of spaced out on the game, and got really into it. Can't quite remember the game, but enjoyed it a lot more than it probably deserved.

One thing I won't advise is taking speed and playing FPS games. That's a recipe for a heart attack or 1st place.

Heh, even Daikatana would feel amazing while stoned :lol:

mondblut

Arcane
for staring at a wall for hours while mumbling 'ffuuuu.....why do I never manage to remember how terrifying LSD feels until after I've taken a full dose...fffuuuuu.....why do I always let myself get fooled by the fun giggly first couple of hours when I know LSD has a 12 hour effect and doesn't peak until 4-5 hrs in....fffuuuuu....'.)

Staring at an RPG on your screen is even better than staring at a wall, no?

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
When you see people posting on the internet about how they're playing computer games while on drugs you realize you're much mentally stable than those guys.

catfood

AGAIN
When you see people posting on the internet about how they're playing computer games while on drugs you realize you're much mentally stable than those guys.
21262.jpg

yeah..

Drugs and gaming is more like getting sloshed with your mates playing Smash or something. I tried playing morrowind while stoned back in the day but I remember quitting because I couldn't follow the map.

Jinn

Arcane
Damn, you guys get high as fuck when you smoke weed. You should still be able to read/not get distracted/engage with the game.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I forgot to say why coffee. Games (mostly RPGs) feels like job than entertainment these days.
OCDs leading to doing all tasks (even if you're already godlike and can anihillate everyone except developers made most NPCs immortal/no hitboxes/imba abilites that erase your godlike character(s) with little finger), hoarding all junk (and then managing all that garbage), analyzing difference beween +0,12% for X effect and +0,13 for effect Y, then you need to read all that graphomania inanity (mostly fantasy) spewed all over the screens that make cheap fantasy/sci-fi writers feels like someone from panteons of classic.
In short - playing RPGs feels like a job, chore. Hence - need for coffee...

Theldaran

Liturgist
I'd just reccomend reading early DnD bestiaries and then asking yourself how high Gigax and co. were when making them.

I mean...

a fucking jelly cube is a DEADLY MONSTER!

That just means he/they didn't like jello. Maybe hated it with a passion.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Somebody should try ecstasy, every game would feel like GOTY 10/10

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom