Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Mate, given your particular conversation style, I kinda doubt that you're even capable of being polite. :M
You can't draw any conclusions about how I talk to normal people from watching how I address pidorashkas. There's just no correlation.

You open up a "codexian discord chat for russians", implying it'll have the same codexian feel to it, same rules of conduct, etc, then I come in and you ban me after 5 minutes? That's not the codexian way, that's the pidorashka way, the way of lowly animals. It says more about you than about me.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
What does one life matter?
campaign_tidesofnumenera_cmcc.png

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So, replayed the updated demo...

Pros:

Performance is much better than I expected it to be at this point, ready for release in that regard.

Some of the characters are actually interesting, like the heroic idiot or the sentry that wants to live for more than a year.

The art and models are more hit than miss, without taking into account retarded shit like the razr monolith.

Some interesting quests, expected much worse, instead was pleasantly surprised by some of the content.

Cons:

Too much inane text filler for the sake of having more books worth of words.

Companions for the most part are cliche and banal.

The fucking portraits are terrible.

The Ui is shit, worse than wasteland 2.

The follow the leader way to control characters is shit and clearly designed to accommodate console controllers.

Itemization... Less said about this shit the better.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
So, replayed the updated demo...

Pros:

Performance is much better than I expected it to be at this point, ready for release in that regard.

Some of the characters are actually interesting, like the heroic idiot or the sentry that wants to live for more than a year.

The art and models are more hit than miss, without taking into account retarded shit like the razr monolith.

Some interesting quests, expected much worse, instead was pleasantly surprised by some of the content.

Cons:

Too much inane text filler for the sake of having more books worth of words.

Companions for the most part are cliche and banal.

The fucking portraits are terrible.

The Ui is shit, worse than wasteland 2.

The follow the leader way to control characters is shit and clearly designed to accommodate console controllers.

Itemization... Less said about this shit the better.

Agree.

Except for the UI which didn't bother me, nor the itemization (I barely used any item yet). The rest I agree 100%.

Sykar

Arcane
Why did anyone expect something good from Rothfuss, by the way? His main characters was a self-insert filled with all the author's power fantasies (he's a genius, a kind and compassionate soul, the best in the magic academy, a poet and an excellent musician, and of course he's lusted by all the hot girls out there) and the other characters all had non-existent personalities and were only present to make the protagonist stand out.

But but but but he made stupid mistakes! Surely that means his character cannot be a Gary Stu! :troll:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Also the combat is a huge letdown, it's still full of bugs like not being able to leave combat after the fight ends, not being able to select targets, aggroing enemies out of line of sight.

But worse of all, it just plays in a cumbersome and uninspired way, managing to regress from even the wasteland 2 shit show of a combat system.

Luckily you can avoid a large portion of the fights.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Dudes. Stupid question I know, but I'm lazy: The current patch. Can we pick up from where we mess around once the official release comes out?

tl;dr Will saves now work then?

Brother None

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Dudes. Stupid question I know, but I'm lazy: The current patch. Can we pick up from where we mess around once the official release comes out?

tl;dr Will saves now work then?

Brother None
The early access content is a small part of the game, I assume.

Having to replay the first city is not so bad.

One thing about the c&c, I noticed a lot of them have binary outcomes, even if the solutions available are more than 2.

A lot of it is kinda lazy and easily discernable by the player. Wish more developers would go with the Witcher series aproach and have outcomes only manifest way after all the relevant choices were made.

How similar to Planescape Torment is this sequel?

It's in the same universe, I know this.

But judging from all of the pre-release footage and developer commentary, Tides of Numenara looks like a Sci-Fi RPG that's based in outer space.

Planescape Torment is dark fantasy.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
How similar to Planescape Torment is this sequel?

It's in the same universe, I know this.

But judging from all of the pre-release footage and developer commentary, Tides of Numenara looks like a Sci-Fi RPG that's based in outer space.

Planescape Torment is dark fantasy.
I don't think the games are very similar beyond being an isometric party based rpg.

The theme and ambience is diferent, the aesthetic is diferent, the writing style is different.

While I find PST a superior experience, I doesn't make torment a bad game, it's a fun rpg if you are into reading absurd amounts of text.

Edit: this reminds me... Whomever buys this on console to play on a TV screen is in for a pretty bad time reading all them dialogue screens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom