Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #50: Version 1.0.2.2 Beta

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
OOC Speed Slider. Fuck that walking speed, really. Cheat Engine made the game playable for me.
You can get the sprint feat and it will speed up his walking speed.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What era/genre should Styg work on next?

Fantasy is a little bit bloated.

Space. Visit and explore locations, do quests on different planets in isometric glory. There'd be land and submarine vehicles, different space ships. Meet alien races and fuck them uncover a plot to .............................. !!!!!

Iri

Educated
Well, unless you're Excidium who can memorize hundreds of paths and can come back to them whenever he wants, then really I don't see how you'd be able to explore everything without drawing your own maps.
Which is what I liked to do anyway and I think it would've hurt the feel if there was an auto-map doing the work for me.

I just started Underrail the other day. Walk speed is annoying but the map thing is too. Why not just have an in game map and some kinda future compass thing? Or even maps for different sections that you piece together?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
The maps are not that fucking complicated ffs, learn to navigate and git gud.

Tigranes

Arcane
I liked getting lost in the first playthrough, and I liked having to develop a non-cartographic sense of Underrail's caverns - I never drew maps, but because you're getting lost and coming back to same areas every once in a while, you start to get an intuitive sense of whereabouts things are. The problem is that (1) respawns are dumb shit, (2) the walking speed means you spend 20 seconds walking across a map, 5 seconds loading, 2 seconds discovering you took the wrong exit, 5 second loading, 20 seconds walking back, over and over again....

And of course, there's a world of difference when it's your second or twelveth playthrough, at that point CheatEngine walkspeeds are a must.

Perhaps critters that are able to free-roam between specific regions (including chasing the player between maps, but not unconditionally between all maps) and respawn not per map but per region would help to keep the freshness, suspense and decrease predictability/boredom.

Taskityo

Educated
I have a second copy of this game if anyone wants it. (Steam Key). If anyone is interested, just PM your steam ID and I'll gift it.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
One thing I would love is more weapons, makeshift spears, shotguns, heavy machine guns. More shit to try. If its broken balance it all later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom