Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where could be set next BioShock city?

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Underwater, sky, space (Systeam shock) checked.

Where could be set next Bioshock city?

Don Peste

Arcane
the_thing_martians.jpg

THING_-John-Carpenter-Antarctica.jpg

Test
Test 2
Ok I think I've got it...

Last edited:
It will be inside a supercomputer driven simulation, except more Bioshock than the Matrix. Bunch of people go 'Hey, all these underwater, space and flying cities are still fundamentally tethered to ordinary supply and demand and other physical crises, and that's a large part of what brings them undone. If we voluntarily upload our consciousnesses into this system, we can make it into whatever kind of paradise we want, no limits, no scarcity....just good ol' human nature...nothing could fuck this one up, right? '

Actually, that sounds quite good - I'm being way too optimistic again, aren't I? Fuck. Scrap everything past the first 7 words, it will be 'the Matrix'.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane

An alternate dimension (one where Bioshock is actually good, pretty please?).

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Underground I guess. Or in another dimension. Or maybe the distant past/future.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Underground I guess. Or in another dimension. Or maybe the distant past/future.

Maybe a distant future where the sun has died and people have moved closer to the core of the Earth in order to find heat. The game takes place in a series of underground volcanic chambers and tunnels etc. Heat/Steam based technology would loosely fit with the semi-steampunk themes from the other games, and the opportunity for OMG SO DEEP social commentary provided by splintering factions/tribes in this new environment would fit too

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Modern day San Francisco, where you play as a heroic trans gendered womyn of color who has to save the city zirself from an invasion of fucking white supremacist males led by Testosterone Patriarch Adolf II.

Written by Rhianna Pratchett.

J1M

Arcane

In space has been done.

In water has been done.

In sky has been done.

In time has not been done.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
They could make Bioshock, not underwater like the real Bioshock but like the lategame of System Shock 2. A world where people managed to use biomass to build cities and now they live in that fleshy mess. You know transport is just some fleshy tubes, food is dispensed from some tentacle-like things sticking out of the walls et-cetera. The only problem is a setting like that is too disgusting for an AAA game. Curious that despite there being levels based on that idea in multiple games (alien hive in Contra being one of the classic examples) nobody ever made a whole game based on it.

lightbane

Arcane
Actually there's a Giger-esque game being made that uses your idea, Gangrel (aka FLESH EVERYWHERE!), but the name escapes me now. However, IIRC it will be PC-exclusive, since no way the consoletards would play something so gross. Also, consoles probably wouldn't be able to render it anyway.

laclongquan

Arcane
Moon Base! Moonbase! Luna City! Lunatown! Luneville!

It has its all: vacuum? real air dome? quarter gravity? real scenery in big dome? A big ass Earth globe on the sky, anything more alien than that?

I am surprised it doesnt get to be in games before~

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
They could set it in that town that was founded in South America by Confederates after the War of Northern Aggression, that way they could really get their heavy-handed messages about racism in.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Actually there's a Giger-esque game being made that uses your idea, Gangrel (aka FLESH EVERYWHERE!), but the name escapes me now. However, IIRC it will be PC-exclusive, since no way the consoletards would play something so gross. Also, consoles probably wouldn't be able to render it anyway.

That's pretty great. I just hope that there are actual people living in there and not just mutant-mobs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom