Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Icewind Dale in TToEE Engine Total Conversion - Prologue Demo Released

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This mod is prolly for people who never played IWD due to horrible combat system of IE games.

Not really. I love the IE-games, for me this mod is primarily a huge draw due to ToEE's character customization!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
By the way, I have all sorts of visual artefacts in my game, though it might not be related to the IWD mod. Like when creating stats the names are blurred out:

332997feae.jpg

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Yeah, I had this too. No stats name at character creation. But apart from that, all was fine. I think it comes from Co8 mod, since I seem to remember it happening the last time I made a ToEE run.
The only thing is that on the bigger outside maps, no matter what time of the day, the "lighting" was a bit weird and snow was sort of piss-yellow, like in Dr Skeleton's screenshot. In the smaller areas (like before the orcs cave, or in the Kuldahar's pass smaller goblin/fire beetles area) the snow was pure white, like in ID.

Last edited:

Allyx

Savant
I'm not sure there is much I can do about the dusk/twilight shades for the maps, that effect is the stock ToEE one, and I'm uncertain how to edit it, sorry.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Allyx You might want to think of a catchy title for this project. Not sure what it would be though. The never-finished BG2-in-IWD2 total conversion was "Icewind Gate II", but that wouldn't work as well here I think. (Temple of Elemental Icewind? Eh.)

Allyx

Savant
I can't think of a catchy title that I like that would work for this, but something like "ToEE - IWD: TC" would work in a pinch, although it's a bit time consuming to say aloud. I'm less keen on "Temple Dale" but it is at least catchier than the other one, even if it doesn't make sense.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't think of a catchy title that I like that would work for this, but something like "ToEE - IWD: TC" would work in a pinch, although it's a bit time consuming to say aloud. I'm less keen on "Temple Dale" but it is at least catchier than the other one, even if it doesn't make sense.

As an acronym, ToIWD looks and sounds decent I think. Tee Oh Eye DoubleYou Dee. "Temple of Icewind Dale" doesn't make much sense, but it's not terrible either.

I have another question. Since I can't be bothered to read through that entire 66 page pre-release thread on CO8 - what are you automatically converting from the original game here using scripts, and what needs to be manually placed?

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I always thought of it as "Temple of Ice", but I guess that one is already taken by the infamous ID2 map.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Temple of Icewind Dale?

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition?

Icewind Dale: Temple Cut?

Temple of Elemental Evil: Seige of Icewind Dale?

Icewind Dale: Evil Edition?

ID: EE?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
This looks promising. I will have time to try the demo in a couple of weeks.

On the name, I suggest: ToEE: Turning of the Dale

Allyx

Savant
I have another question. Since I can't be bothered to read through that entire 66 page pre-release thread on CO8 - what are you automatically converting from the original game here using scripts, and what needs to be manually placed?
Everything that has gone into this mod has been manually extracted from Icewind Dale with Near Infinity, a dialogue conversion tool was written to convert dialogue files one at a time from IWD format to TOEE format, then each one edited to include script hooks where needed, python script files written from scratch, or adapted from existing ToEE scripts, maps were extracted as .png converted to .jpg the doors that open were edited to leave empty doorways, the maps were then split with world builder into 256x256 pixel sections so ToEE can use them, the Kuldahar night map had to have the colour ballance manually edited as there was no night map in IWD to extract. The icons, including Jhonen's broken sword and the Knucklebone Trout were converted from .jpg to .tga, music and ambient sounds, we're batch converted from .wav to .mp3.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I only drop to say thanks to the author. Finally a conversion to a different engine that not only makes sense but is greatly anticipated (by me). :D
Thank You for your effort. I hope you'll find the will to finish it.

Mustawd

Icewind Tale

Icewind Temple

Icewind We finally fixed the IE games Dale.

Fireground Dale/Fireearth Dale (Fire and Earth being the opposite elements of Ice and Wind and the two other nodes in ToEE)?

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
TEMPLE ICEWIND OF ELEMENTAL EVIL DALE
DALE TEMPLE ICEWIND ELEMENTAL OF EVIL
ELEMENTAL DALE ICEWIND TEMPLE EVIL OF
EVIL TEMPLE DALE ICEWIND OF ELEMENTAL

Allyx

Savant
I think something simple like "Icewind Dale TC" would suffice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom