Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Lambach

Arcane
Strong, funny and adventurous. From Bioware. I don't know which part scares me most.

The part where this turd will sell at least 5 million copies, armies of retards on NeoFAG/Reddit will complain about how disappointing it is and how they'll never play another BioWare game again and then instantly pre-order the next ME game, repeat ad nauseam.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Strong, funny and adventurous. From Bioware. I don't know which part scares me most.

The part where this turd will sell at least 5 million copies, armies of retards on NeoFAG/Reddit will complain about how disappointing it is and how they'll never play another BioWare game again and then instantly pre-order the next ME game, repeat ad nauseam.

You forgot to add rpgcodex...

Tytus

Arcane
http://i.imgur.com/XfvtLuT.png

XfvtLuT.png

He is talking about today, obviously.

hajro

Arbiter
There is a sperg ces keynote in like 8 hours but we get some info (probably release date) in 10 minutes

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass-effect-andromeda-coming-in-march

On behalf of our teams across Montreal, Edmonton and Austin, I’m excited to announce that Mass EffectTM: Andromeda will be launching in North America on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 and beginning Thursday, March 23, 2017 in Europe. We appreciate your patience (and in fact, even your lack of patience in some instances) as we’ve been focused on completing the game. Here’s a little bit of context into how we’ve gotten here.

Mass Effect: Andromeda is our most ambitious Mass Effect game to date. We’re telling completely new stories, creating new characters, new planets, new species, and introducing new gameplay systems. And for the first time, we’re bringing Mass Effect to the FrostbiteTM game engine, an incredible engine that’s delivering a tremendous graphical jump from the trilogy to Mass Effect: Andromeda. To deliver on this, we’re taking all the time we can to make sure you’re getting the best possible experience.

Over this holiday break, developers at BioWare took home a version of the game in what we call the “holiday build”. This is a longstanding studio tradition that goes back to the early days of the original Mass Effect. Many load up a PC or console and go home to play as much as possible at their leisure. Coming back from holiday, the feedback has been great. Getting the endorsement from members of our studio, many of whom played key roles on the original trilogy, was definitely a key factor in helping us lock in on the date.

Even more exciting for us over the last couple of months has been seeing the excitement build in the community as we’ve started to share more about the game. The passion you have for the franchise continues to drive us. And now, we’re just a couple of months away from delivering a brand new Mass Effect experience to you for the first time in five years – richer, deeper and ready for exploration. We’re excited about how far we are going with the franchise, and we hope you find it’s been worth the wait.

See you in Andromeda,

Aaryn

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
This whole series is dumb. All you enablers are killing the chance of something like KOTOR happening again.

Deleted member 7219

It'll never happen because of The Old Republic.

I'm still hoping for a Original Trilogy-era or Sequel Trilogy-era RPG made by Obsidian, though.

Rev

Arcane
It'll never happen because of The Old Republic.

I'm still hoping for a Original Trilogy-era or Sequel Trilogy-era RPG made by Obsidian, though.
I would like that too, but EA has the license for the SW IP, so no hope for that for another 5-6 years at least.

This might sound like a strange nitpick, but between the trailer they showed off and those new screens, is it just me or does the combat look visually busy? That would be annoying if the case, but unless it actively prohibits playing the game it'd hardly be a deal breaker.

I bring it up, though, because whenever I've seen that in a game (Battleborn comes to mind), it often comes across as a development team trying to overcompensate for graphics or art design that they're maybe not super confident in. That lack of confidence seems to surround much of the press surrounding the game, and does not indicate good things regarding the quality of the final build.

DemonKing

Arcane
Haven't been following this at all as I've virtually given up on Bioware (never finished ME3 or DAI). Are there any real changes happening or is it going to be your standard SJW lovefest with crappy gameplay?

To think I thought Bio were going downhill once all there games started following the same basic structure with a patented twist...I had so little idea how low they'd go...

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I get bored and depressed just watching the gameplay footage. This looks like Cisquisition all over again, right down to the shitty "lul random" elf character.
maxresdefault.jpg

latest

J1M

Arcane
This might sound like a strange nitpick, but between the trailer they showed off and those new screens, is it just me or does the combat look visually busy? That would be annoying if the case, but unless it actively prohibits playing the game it'd hardly be a deal breaker.

I bring it up, though, because whenever I've seen that in a game (Battleborn comes to mind), it often comes across as a development team trying to overcompensate for graphics or art design that they're maybe not super confident in. That lack of confidence seems to surround much of the press surrounding the game, and does not indicate good things regarding the quality of the final build.
They look like shit because they have motion blur and depth of field turned on. This is a common failure among game developers who think they are building and marketing a film.

jaydee2k

Savant
What a fucking gayfest. Gameplay looking awful...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom