Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #50: Version 1.0.2.2 Beta

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Fuck I lost my 170 hour save. I need some time before I jump into this again. I sincerely hope this is not Styg last project. I want to see him tackle fantasy, it would be one hell of a brutal dungeon descent.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
To my deep shame I still never played this one. Is it now in the totally 100% complete even for total crybaby whiners like myself state with this patch, or should I wait even longer before I get it?

If you didn't played it yet then wait one more month for the expansion. It's possible you'll get the best Underrail experience possible.

* if you are not a retard.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Wait, where does it say it's only a month until the expansion? Or did you mean the patch?

Developer Stygian Software reckons Expedition will release sometime in the first half of 2017

Sorry.

Edit: I was under the impression that the expansion will be released in Feb 2017 but it seems I'm wrong. Sorry for the confusion.

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Fuck I lost my 170 hour save. I need some time before I jump into this again. I sincerely hope this is not Styg last project. I want to see him tackle fantasy, it would be one hell of a brutal dungeon descent.

Yeah, the lack of fantasy RPGs truly is crippling.

(Seriously though, Underrail 2 ftw)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That area must be annoying as fug without stealth.

I was planning on skipping stealth since it was my understanding that it's more about getting into a better combat position and extra damage rather than avoiding enemies entirely. :M
You shouldn't avoid it. It's one of the more interesting and integrated stealth systems you'll see in an rpg.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I think worst were ventilation vents. Choosing exit was often a guessing game

You can choose to look through the vent before going out of it.

Any exploration was prone to being lost. Memorizing maps as each tile is connected to which is retarded.

Well, unless you're Excidium who can memorize hundreds of paths and can come back to them whenever he wants, then really I don't see how you'd be able to explore everything without drawing your own maps.
Which is what I liked to do anyway and I think it would've hurt the feel if there was an auto-map doing the work for me.

Really, the bad thing in Underrail is the respawning, not the lack of automaps. And I hope Styg realizes this, but considering that even after several patches DC is still annoying as fuck, maybe he thinks they're good.

So anyway, you're either Excidium, or you don't care about exploring everything or you are willing to draw maps... or you hate the game, I guess. That's fine, though.

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Really, the bad thing in Underrail is the respawning, not the lack of automaps. And I hope Styg realizes this, but considering that even after several patches DC is still annoying as fuck, maybe he thinks they're good.
The respawning is fine, enemies in the tunnels are just trash mobs anyway, might as way kill them several times. It makes for a good excuse to use those weapons and provides some thrill during (re-)exploration sessions.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The respawning is at tolerable levels during most of the game and only happens in a couple of places. In DC however it's shit. But DC in general is pretty shit.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I wish someone would do an interview with Styg and ask him what was he thinking when designing DC.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom