Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

Theldaran

Liturgist
It's your fault for not choosing Mizhena as candidate.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More of new employees this year:

Mark Brockington (Programmer), former Bioware programmer who worked on BG 1/2, NWN, KOTOR, DA:O, DA2

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-brockington-679299105

* Secret Project #1 - Unannounced
* Secret Project #2 - Also unannounced

Alexei Pepers (Programmer)

Amy Cornelson (Concept Artist/Illustrator), https://amycornelson.artstation.com

Mark Ramsden (QA Lead), former Bioware QA
Andrew Gauthier (QA), former Bioware QA
Kristin Warren (QA), former Bioware QA

Todd Derechey (somthing financial), former Bioware financial controller

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
I would have seen those tweets myself, had I not been blocked by him for calling him an SJW during the whole Baldur's Gate tranny episode.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2016/12/testers-wanted.html

Testers Wanted

Do you love testing things? Do you love playing games? Well, have I got a wheelhouse for you.

We’re currently looking for adventurers, warriors, rogues, wizards, druids, clerics, rangers, monks and shamans who are interested in helping us test our next game. We need testers on desktop (Windows, Mac, Linux) and tablet (iOS and Android) to help us make sure that this is our best release yet.

If you're interested in signing up to become a beta tester, please head over to this post on our forums to get started. You'll be asked to fill out a form and, if selected, you'll need to sign a non-disclosure agreement before you can begin testing.

Once testing begins you'll be invited to our super secret beta test forums and there you'll receive instructions as to how to get started.

We can't reveal the name of the game just yet, but the announcement is coming soon!

jaydee2k

Savant
http://blog.beamdog.com/2016/12/testers-wanted.html

Testers Wanted

Do you love testing things? Do you love playing games? Well, have I got a wheelhouse for you.

We’re currently looking for adventurers, warriors, rogues, wizards, druids, clerics, rangers, monks and shamans who are interested in helping us test our next game. We need testers on desktop (Windows, Mac, Linux) and tablet (iOS and Android) to help us make sure that this is our best release yet.

If you're interested in signing up to become a beta tester, please head over to this post on our forums to get started. You'll be asked to fill out a form and, if selected, you'll need to sign a non-disclosure agreement before you can begin testing.

Once testing begins you'll be invited to our super secret beta test forums and there you'll receive instructions as to how to get started.

We can't reveal the name of the game just yet, but the announcement is coming soon!

Tablet mwhahah
Let's se how many trannies they can put in Planescape EE, has to be thousands

ArchAngel

Arcane
I would think IWD2EE is more likely but who knows. Maybe they are bringing us NWN1 EE :D

Reinhardt

Arcane
We’re currently looking for adventurers, warriors, rogues, wizards, druids, clerics, rangers, monks and shamans who are interested in helping us test our next game.
No
xbmanstj.png

?

purpleblob

Savant
I'm hoping it's IWD2. Please not PS:T or NWN1... I want NWN: EE but not from Beamdog. And dear God, please don't let Beamdog touch PS:T. It's already bad enough they've tainted BG series with their shit writing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think this is going to be an Enhanced Edition of anything. You don't hire David Gaider to make Enhanced Editions.

pippin

I wonder if they could release an Infinity Engine Construction Kit or something to that effect. With FRUA, NWN's toolset and that, the circle would be more or less complete.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The best case scenario would be Neverwinter Nights 3, but as likely as not they're just making a new D&D 5E Baldur's Gate-a-be.

Xeon

Augur
Man, whatever it is I hope it turns out great.

DG worked on BGs and DA and kinda liked both so hope it will be good still and have similar gameplay to BGs with AI customization of DA.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
The best case scenario would be Neverwinter Nights 3, but as likely as not they're just making a new D&D 5E Baldur's Gate-a-be.
NWN3, IWD3 could be cool. Even spiritual succesor would sufice.
Who owns NWN licence ?
I've have read there were some legal issues wih Atari, Wizards years back.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Do they have the manpower to pull off a 3D game? I think their prospects are not that great either way. The isometric market is flooded by Obsidian, inXile and Larian and SoD didn't do much to prove their abilities to create their "own" content as a team.

Can Beamdog pull off a brand-new D&D 5E isometric offering ? I wonder ... it'd be nice to see one instead of the shite rolling out of Obsidian, inXile and Larian these days (well, not Larian)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom