Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

pippin

Im in a mood for a shooter, anything recent any good?
Recent?
This genre is dead since 2007 or whenever previous console generations starter their reign and took this genre in their clumsy hands...

There are some gems like EYE Divine Cybermancy, but after doing some looking I decided to download and play No One Lives Forever, I just hope it will work well on Win10.

Take a look at this http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/No_One_Lives_Forever#Low_frame_rate_on_Windows_8_and_higher It says win8 and 8.1 only, but it might help?

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
All Splinter Cells are reduced by 66%.

I heard good things about Chaos Theory and will buy - is the rest worth it?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, but the first one and the second one in the series can be a bit difficult to get running with all the graphical details. Blacklist is also really good. Though, no Michael Ironside in Blacklist.

Latelistener

Arcane
All Splinter Cells are reduced by 66%.

I heard good things about Chaos Theory and will buy - is the rest worth it?
Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory and Double Agent have a few differences, but at the core it's the same game, with the same stealth mechanics and movements.
Double Agent could have been really great, if only we got the same version that was developed for PS2 and Xbox. The PC, PS3 and X360 versions have a different (worse) storyline (which is canon), and there is no co-op.

Conviction is an average game on its own, and a complete shite as a SC game.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Panzermadels is still 50% off! What a deal!
ss_9b8c0592838f46a9ad027258ad62f40202ce1d2b.600x338.jpg

Will RK47 dare LP it?

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory and Double Agent have a few differences, but at the core it's the same game, with the same stealth mechanics and movements.
Double Agent could have been really great, if only we got the same version that was developed for PS2 and Xbox. The PC, PS3 and X360 versions have a different (worse) storyline (which is canon), and there is no co-op.

Conviction is an average game on its own, and a complete shite as a SC game.

Thanks, I'll just buy the 'Elite Echelon' edition - wich is indeed missing Pandora Tommorow.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
After reading this (and some Steam reviews) I settled for Chaos Theory, thanks guys.

Will replay Dishonored after CT instead.

I tried to replay Chaos Theory recently but steam version seems fucked. Won't allow me to change any settings, game crashes and settings are back to default.

Nobody here likes Blacklist?

It's a fun popamole, best thing Ubisoft AAA department was able to shit out in years and certainly a much better game than Conviction. Enjoyed it, even if it doesn't play the same as original SCs anymore.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The only title I picked up this sale was a small indie title called See No Evil.

This is a block-pushing puzzle game where the goal is to reach the exit. The gimmick is that every enemy in the game is blind - they only react to sound, like your footsteps or your shouts.

While interesting for a spell, it tends to get repetetive rather quickly and is too dependant upon pressure plate puzzles that require split-second timing.

Turjan

Arcane
I'll probably buy The Cave tomorrow. Or not.

Up to now I have just been selling some trading cards. I also played one free game.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nobody here likes Blacklist?

As someone who replays all the parts from time to time (although my last attempt at playing Double Agent failed due to some technical issues) Blacklist was polished, and better than Conviction thanks to the locations where we operate. The charged auto shots are really making game all too easy if you don't ghost the game. The plot is decent, sound is really good and the graphics don't slow down even on my toaster.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
My haul, bundle fodder alert:

Expeditions: Conquistador
Still Life bundle
Gray Matter
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Hopefully the unofficial patch fixes most of the crashes of DCoTE. I've had my eye on that game for a while but there are a lot of Lovecraftian horror stories about the port out there.

Also, I almost bought another copy of CivIV. Apparently 2K is handing out Steam keys if you own a retail GameSpy version though. So I'll give that a shot first.

Edit: I actually got the Steam key from 2K support, neat.

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Just Batman Arkham Knight Prenium Edition for 10 euros for me,I got a couple of games during the last one and have lots of unplayed games on Steam and GOG yet so Banner Saga 2,Tyranny,DX Mankind Divided,Dishonored 2 and Totla Warhammer will stay in my wishlist for some months until they are cheaper and/or they have a complete/GOTY edition

Turjan

Arcane
How do those even get to Steam? A lot of games with much better production values have to go through Greenlight.
The developers have three games on Steam, and their first game went through Greenlight. I think you only have to go through Greenlight with your first game.

Nevertheless, it's a bit shady to sell a free browser game on Steam.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
To die - it need to be here in the first place

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom