Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Rats - first impressions and general feedback

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Use a berserk potion and your interrupts will tear through them. That's how I beat it.
I have no time for interrupts you see, ranged one shoot me in 3-4 turns, add to that that I barely can hit them without Berserk, and you will see.

It's not the best spear in this particular context.
I have craft 6, I can't craft anything better. I think, I didn't checked because I got craft 6 in fight before that.
Anyway I used steel Krokspar before - it was disaster, I could not even win first fight with it - one steel and 2 bronze constructs.

high PER, can give you ridiculous bonus to aimed attacks.
This is a build with 4 Per....

so take that advantage
How?
All I got is rain of death from shooter.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Fenix, you should use the soldier constructs as a shield for the shooter. The two-hand spear is good to keep them at a certain distance. Liquid fire is effective: it does a lot of damage and traps them in a certain point. High CS would help, but you probably don't have SPs for that. Unless you use liquid fire and bombs, you are fucked. If somehow you survive this part, in the next fight you will face three constructs and one shooter. Just close the door after the fight starts and they will move close to each other to open the door. Rain liquid fire on them.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I talk about last fight. Sky Metal constructs.
I can beat them if I trow all bombsI have - like 4+3, but I need them for Emperor.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
You can also invest in some important skill, like crafting, critical strike or alchemy.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
You can invest in crafting and make a sky metal spear. It is overpowered.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I think that crafting would be more enjoyable if we could improve with four techniques every weapon, armor or helmet, including items made of creature parts.

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane
I ended up getting them on the first try today (isn't that how it always works?)

I thought the Emperor fight was much easier in comparison.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
It seems we won't get additional content any time soon:
Vault Dweller said:
We thought of doing individual stories of the party members you meet in DR. Sorta sitting near a campfire and swapping exaggerated tales. Roxana would tell you of the assassination mission that got her in trouble, Marcus would tell you of the attack on the thieves guild in Teron, etc. It's an interesting, mission-based project that would allow us to focus on different approaches and paths through each mission, but in the end we had to choose between "slamdunking" it for a year and focusing on the CSG.
Source: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,6901.msg149067.html#msg149067

Which is a sensible decision IMO.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Okay this might be a bit silly problem, but...

zjukw3.jpg

See the black horizontal line in the upper left part of the screen?

That's my combat log.

I've been dicking around a bit with the size of the window, and I eventually ended up with it showing only the upper 'tab' of it with the 'reset textbox position' button, but clicking the button didn't return it to normal anymore. So then I rolled it up to the max to the size of that line, and now I can't unwrap it... :M It also looks like that for all my playthroughs now and I can't see a way to fix it. Halp? :M

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since this thread is about the first impressions first and foremost, I have written mine as I finally had some time to play it

damn, this game is hard :salute:

Apexeon

Arcane
Got this a few days ago.

If your into dungeon crawling this is the best game I have played in years.
Many long non turn based years.

:russiastronk:

Last edited:

KAWAII-CHAN

Barely Literate
Just finished a solo spear/block MS run. It turned out easier than I thought, I kind of expected to break a keyboard or two. Having only one character to deal with is always way more confortable than trying to keep everyone alive until the end of each fight.

Anyway here is my build before final fight :

http://i.imgur.com/uuMbUul.jpg +2 STR through medical machine
http://i.imgur.com/9UcZAy3.jpg

I economized as many resources as I could until the three deadly constructs fight to be sure to take them down easily. I burned and bombed the two cunts and threw acid on the ranged one to take it down gently. Grealty satisfying, this fight traumatized me on my first party run.
However I did not expect to be so short of SP on a solo run. In the end I didn't even open the strongbox and didn't get the regeneration potion that would have been so helpful for the last fight. I could have got 8 in crafting to open it but would have been too far in alch to mix the potion anyway. So I put the points in a last rank of spears and alch for acid splash.

I believe you need a minimum of 8 STR for solo hasta run. Otherwise you simply lack the damage, especially in the beginning with the scorpions and ants that you can't poison AND the pretty late hasta schematic.

Overall fun and easy run. Pulling the emperor on the balcony, throwing some liquid fire between him and I and taking him down netted with scaurus' spear was priceless.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I believe you need a minimum of 8 STR for solo hasta run. Otherwise you simply lack the damage, especially in the beginning with the scorpions and ants that you can't poison AND the pretty late hasta schematic.

You can do damage with poison or aimed attacks. High INT makes you swim in SPS.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I did scorpions with 4 Str and crude spear, so I could get Claw before Barca.

KAWAII-CHAN

Barely Literate
I did scorpions with 4 Str and crude spear, so I could get Claw before Barca.
How much did you have in spears at the time though? Of course you can always aim torso, which I did a lot myself because with a hasta you simply HAVE to at some points, but that still leaves you with incredibly shitty damage on the long run.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Just finished a solo spear/block MS run. It turned out easier than I thought, I kind of expected to break a keyboard or two. Having only one character to deal with is always way more confortable than trying to keep everyone alive until the end of each fight.

Anyway here is my build before final fight :

http://i.imgur.com/uuMbUul.jpg +2 STR through medical machine
http://i.imgur.com/9UcZAy3.jpg

I economized as many resources as I could until the three deadly constructs fight to be sure to take them down easily. I burned and bombed the two cunts and threw acid on the ranged one to take it down gently. Grealty satisfying, this fight traumatized me on my first party run.
However I did not expect to be so short of SP on a solo run. In the end I didn't even open the strongbox and didn't get the regeneration potion that would have been so helpful for the last fight. I could have got 8 in crafting to open it but would have been too far in alch to mix the potion anyway. So I put the points in a last rank of spears and alch for acid splash.

Overall fun and easy run. Pulling the emperor on the balcony, throwing some liquid fire between him and I and taking him down netted with scaurus' spear was priceless.

You dont need crafting at all as spear user.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Open the console and write: PG_resetTextBoxConfig();

Weeeeeell, it reset the textbox window position, alright, but now... the box doesn't show any text... :M

kGmVHz.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom