Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview RPG Codex Interview: Josh Sawyer at GDC Europe 2016

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
it doesn't come across in the transcript but the interviewer had a strong accent and i just didn't understand what he said there.

Face: saved (I still stand by what I said).

VuvIEYT.png

EDIT: Oh lol, I think Bubbles posted in that badgame thread.

jaydee2k

Savant
Great interview but definitely not lowcarb. Hoch much fat gained Sawyer during this epic ride?!

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Really good interview which covers a lot of topics, some which interest me, some which don't. Thanks for the interview and thanks for the transcription.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Only autistic Obshitians read this thread or interview.
You're wrong, I didn't like any Obsidian game (except the South Park game ironically) but Sawyer is nice and has good taste in RPGs, I don't think that can be said of every developper out there. His statement that his eventual historical RPG will be turn-based if it ever happens (and it says it will be turn-based , not that it could be) is very good news. Besides it's a very good interview, it's long with detailed answers and doesn't feel like some very forced interview which would last 30 minutes and not one more minute or so.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Neogaf not calling codex den of racism, misogyny and terrorism... Something feels off.
Graveyard threads (i.e. lot of banned users, it happen from time to time with sensitive topic) clean out most withness - people who know who we really are.

jungl

Augur
historical rpg is a terrible idea. How much sales did that russian historical rpg get, couple thousand? Plus what does sawyer know about history isn't he literally some sort of aspergers (retard) and has TERRIBLE german LOL.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Badgamers continue to find our memes impenetrable.

2house2fly said:
Interviewer: So let's talk about blobbers.
Rope kid: What do you mean by that?
Interviewer: I mean let's discuss them.

increasingly nervous developer: i have no strong feelings one way or the other. let us change the subject
european man: wat is ur opeenion on melmo

Josh said:
uh, counter-question for rpg codex... *tries to surreptitiously scroll through badgame forums on phone under table* what is the general feeling on... *scans le reddit thread* blomby. blomby tane. bepis. bepis tane in our watar.

I still find it bewildering how one can see the word blobber and not instantly think of
M8qM69R.png

Fairfax

Arcane
Does that forum have a paywall as well? Sawyer seems to be a fan of closed forums.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
it doesn't come across in the transcript but the interviewer had a strong accent and i just didn't understand what he said there.

Face: saved (I still stand by what I said).

VuvIEYT.png

EDIT: Oh lol, I think Bubbles posted in that badgame thread.

Looks absolutely normal...

So what forum is that? Another gathering of braindeads like neofag and SA?

And who the hell asked Sawyer about the Tyranny bit that he had to explain it was because of the accent? To think that he was confused by the title of a game that his company made shows some serious signs of mental disability.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
fantastic interview!

p. funny seeing sawyer squirm and not know what to say when blobbers are mentioned. it is obvious sawyer/obsidian do not care for blobbers (or know much about them).

other than that, it did feel like the interviewer kept asking the same sort of stuff over and over.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
fantastic interview!

p. funny seeing sawyer squirm and not know what to say when blobbers are mentioned. it is obvious sawyer/obsidian do not care for blobbers (or know much about them).

other than that, it did feel like the interviewer kept asking the same sort of stuff over and over.

Well why should he really know the term 'blobber'? I only came across it when I joined Codex. Up until that time I just referred to those games as 'party RPG's' or 'Dungeon Crawlers'. Didn't even see the need for a distinction into isometric,turn based,real time,first person etc. I'm the biggest M&M fan but I never called them or saw them referred to as 'blobbers' until I came here. :shrugs:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom