Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #50: Version 1.0.2.2 Beta

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Who has the time to sit there drawing a map? Takes you completely out of the game.

Adding mapping, respawn and movement options to the game settings and it would be a near damn perfect game.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I also think the game would be better with a map, but I played through it without one and rarely got lost.
Just remember that I got lost in the area around the first city. That was confusing.
Other than that, it is just a nuisance.

And I never draw my own maps, I prefer to keep my game in my game and not do stuff outside of it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
There is no need for maps of any sort. Did you people play for more than 5 minutes?

Not everyone has perfect recall, and I shouldn't have to sit there drawing a goddamn map.
You just need the ability to know cardinal directions. There's fast travel to all major settlements and they generally give p. clear directions to places.

The only thing the game genuinely needs is an out-of-combat movement speed boost.

Gord

Arcane
What I think would both fit the game and help new players a bit with orientation is a buyable in-game map which is just a map object in your inventory which opens a picture showing the approximate position of major settlements and landmarks.
No precise automap, no "You are here" indicating the player's location.

Shin

Cipher
a static map (that you either buy piece by piece or 'uncover' by going places) on which you can add your own notes would be awesome. yeah, the game is very playable without a game but since navigation is a bit of a hassle I don't feel like replaying it all the way, yet.

Black Angel

Arcane
What I think would both fit the game and help new players a bit with orientation is a buyable in-game map which is just a map object in your inventory which opens a picture showing the approximate position of major settlements and landmarks.
They could also put "you are here" maps on the train stations.
To be perfectly honest, this is what I've been thinking too, for a while now ever since people keep asking for maps.

Gotta quote you guys on the "Additional Content" thread in Underrail forum.

I like Gothic too:)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You just need the ability to know cardinal directions. There's fast travel to all major settlements and they generally give p. clear directions to places.

The only thing the game genuinely needs is an out-of-combat movement speed boost.

From what I've heard about it, seems like the last area could use a map.

Especially since it uses Dr. Who TARDIS-style scaling.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That area must be annoying as fug without stealth.

I was planning on skipping stealth since it was my understanding that it's more about getting into a better combat position and extra damage rather than avoiding enemies entirely. :M

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Who has the time to sit there drawing a map? Takes you completely out of the game.

Adding mapping, respawn and movement options to the game settings and it would be a near damn perfect game.

Kind of right, but not completely. The only time i've used map was in Deep Caverns when i had to exit this mushroom maze. That was nuts, considering my crossbow build[the DR on those burrowers brrrr]

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

Kind of right, but not completely. The only time i've used map was in Deep Caverns when i had to exit this mushroom maze. That was nuts, considering my crossbow build[the DR on those burrowers brrrr]

Oh god, this area. I think I only managed to make it through thanks to some glitch. It was massively, stupidly unbalanced.

Drowed

Arcane
There is no need for maps of any sort. Did you people play for more than 5 minutes?

PqeZrBM.jpg

Still, didn't beat it, by the way.

EDIT:

Yeah, this is what I want, or something close. I don't need an arrow, just an in-game map with a general notion of the places.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom