Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Only if you play it on the highest difficulty setting and try to ghost you may feel -sometimes- you are playing some Thief-like game. I'd ignore the main story (and all the cutscenes and the "plot", which are retarded) and focus on the secondary missions or roam around the city, which may be the closest thing to a "thief" experience. It does not have a Thief atmosphere, though, as they removed Garrett's sarcasm and his personality, the Pagans, the Hammerites, the game's humor, its mood, and basically everything that made Thief special.

tormund

Arcane
It really has nothing of the Thief atmosphere.
That game is an unsalvageable mess, but I guess if you still want to play it after everything you had to see and hear about it since its release, then there is no stopping you...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Divinity: Dragon Commander.

Once again, I remember how awful I am at RTS games. Take the worst player you can think of and multiply it by 1938695039.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
If I get Disciples 2 Rise of the Elves and Gallean's Return on Steam is it the same as buying gold edition off GOG? I'm looking for more TB strategy games and RTS to play.

Freddie

Savant
XCOM franchise (old and new) for sale. Got XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe. Got also WH40k Space Marine for 4.99 €.

Now I only need time to actually play these.

Also, is Thi4f really that much worse than Deadly Shadows?

I know it's not a great game, but I thought about experiencing it just for, you know, reasons. To enjoy the Thief atmosphere with modern graphics at least. It's better looking than the Dark Mod.
I mean people say shit tastes like shit, but do you really take them at face value? Why not try tasting a little shit to see if it's really as shitty tasting as everyone says it is?

Deadly Shadows was a proper Thief game. While there were some elements of the decline there because it had to be ported to consoles of the time (level breaks mostly), the game was good to very good with some great levels.

Thi4f is a fucking disgrace made for the retards of today, which are objectively worse than the retards of 12 years ago.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

I know it's not a great game, but I thought about experiencing it just for, you know, reasons. To enjoy the Thief atmosphere with modern graphics at least. It's better looking than the Dark Mod.

Install the Dark Mod instead.

Or poke one of your eyes out.

Or murder a beloved family member.

Any of these choices are a better use of your time than playing Thiaf.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
dunno bros, i'm not as opinionated on which video game is better and why

i mostly play them because nostalgia and alcoholism

member playing thief in middle school??

i so want to relive that...

My huge fucking haul:

The Red Solstice
Space Run Galaxy
Crowntakers
Heroes of Steel: Tactics RPG
Hard West
Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Tyranid Invasion
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
Templar Battleforce
Original War
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
King of Dragon Pass
Expeditions: Conquistador
Dungeon Rats
Silent Hunter III
Star Point Gemini 2 Gold Pack

I have never bought more than 2 games at one time, but I never paid attention to steam sales before and realize now I have been being stupid with my money. But now I may not need to buy another game for like a decade or something. I think I only spent like 84 dollars on all of these games and since I got a $100 dollar gift certificate to steam I still have some money left.

Is it possible to ever resell or trade these steam games somehow? I thought I have heard of such a thing, but never really have pursued it...

also fuck, now I feel overwhelmed, I don't know where to start..which one should I play first?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
lol titan quest

there are much better diablo clones

tq was p much combing one football field after another

and you fags have the gall to tell me i have shit taste in video games

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i got a bunch of free games on r/pcmasterrace and gfaqs giveaways

kathy rain
ori and the blind forest
the escapist + dlc
never alone

and i bought gabriel knight

0 dollars spent because i got the money from selling steam trading cards that have accumulated past 5 months

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Srs Sam 3 begining would be ok if not the tight corridors. You play Serious Sam games to avoid them not to fall in them again.

If I get Disciples 2 Rise of the Elves and Gallean's Return on Steam is it the same as buying gold edition off GOG? I'm looking for more TB strategy games and RTS to play.
yes
I bought Gold Edition on GOG and can choose to install GR or RotE separately.

Install the Dark Mod instead.
B-b-but that sweet, delightful feel of throwing money at products... things that we might never touch or drop after hour - two.
And better shitposting on ancient Thief1/2/3 entries.
Why not pay for good thing when you can pay for shit product and feels good because money were spend?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Halp, trying to buy a game for my niece, I know she liked the cover picture when we were browsing Steam a few weeks ago but can't fucking remember the name...or really anything about it.

There was a a big brown bear-like creature with glowing red eyes sitting on one side and I wanna say red or orange squirrel (?) on the ground, looking at it. It seemed like a forest setting or some such. I wanna say it's an indie platformer for kids but not sure. It's probably a relativelly new game, a few years back max. Rings a bell anyone? I've been wading through the Steam catalogue for 15 minutes now but it's pointless, there are thousands of games. Thx.

Telengard

Arcane
Is it possible to ever resell or trade these steam games somehow? I thought I have heard of such a thing, but never really have pursued it...
If you bought them as an inventory gift and have not added them to your account, then, yes, such a thing as SteamTrades does exist. Though it is a den of iniquity that preys on noobs. There's also trading for Steam keys and then cashing out, if you like pissing your virtual money away for spare change.

steamgfswv.jpg

Pretty awful sale honestly, probably the worst so far.

Last edited:
Sorcery is really great. Have you tried Warlock of Firetop Mountain? It's a really different interpretation of the "choose your own adventure" books. Combat is especially interesting.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Just a heads up. Buying most EA games on Steam also allows you immediately redeem them on Origin. And Steam's prices are currently much cheaper, tons of great deals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom