Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity At what age do you think you'll finally give up RPG's forever?

How Old Will You Be When You Finally Hang Up Your RPG Cleats?

• I'll stop playing them once I get out of my teens (kingcomrade answer)

• Mid-twenties. RPG's are for nerds who never get laid, you know.

• Probably late twenties. I plan to lead a fairly normal life.

• Mid-thirties. I know it's a little weird but I'll just squeek by and maybe even get married.

• Late thirties. By then my mom's going to be sick of me and kick me out.

• Mid-fourties. My self-loathing is the only thing that will be able to save me by then.

• Late-fourties. Heart failure.

• Never. I'll be into my fifties by then and will have started to see into the ether of eternity.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I will continue to play only good CRPGs until my brain is a rotting vegetable and they have to utilize my body for medical experiments ... or until I'm in the Big Castle in the Sky

Chateaubryan

Cipher
If anything, I become more and more obsessed with RPGs as I grow older. Maybe one day I'll reach critical mass and become RPG.

Freddie

Savant
I don't think I give up cRPG's any time soon. Might sometimes check tabletop stuff too (just read some snippets of Warhammer 40k fluff) because it's the root, cool settings things that were done before, ideas, etc. The culture and it's impact to PC games. Recent Shadowrun series for example.

In other hand, as I have aged I have also definitely become more picky about the games I waste my time on, but that doesn't mean I haven't found worthwhile games to play. RPG's and strategy (turn based or RTwP) also will become sort of mandatory at some point, because of reflexes, real time processing of environments (memory) and all that.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I really started and stopped with Fallout. All this other shit that I tried to pick up, is just shit. If I want to listen to a bunch of info kiosks, I don't need to run Mass Effect or Skyrim, I can just go to an autism meetup.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Well it's already too late for half of those options, so I guess I'm in it for the long haul now. Can't wait to play The Age of Underrail's Dogma IX: Original Shock on the new Matrix 9000.

Santander02

Arcane
Can't be arsed to rage or look forward to anything anymore, I might have already given up on them but still am too stubborn to accept it, yet come back to this place, hoping something will thaw my cold heart...

Either that or the last few years have been so shit I'm just burned out, meh.

Saduj

Arcane
My father is in his mid-70's and he still plays RPGs. Although, his standards are declining a bit in his old age. I probably won't live to be as old as he is now so I figure I will never quit.

Never my dear sirs! I have a section in my Will that tells my lovely children to transplant my brain into a robot and LARP with my corpse till it decomposes beyond utility for the shits and gigs. In my new titanium robot body I might actually live long enough to outlive my children and beat Wizardry IV.

Wizardry IV.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
What the fuck kind of question is this?

Do you mean video games in general? Or the really nerdy ones?

I mean it's totally acceptable to binge play Skyrim while your girl is sucking you off. She's totally not gonna judge you, because Skyrim is fucking awesome.

But replace Skyrim with KotC or AoD and that's when people start looking funny at you. You become worse than a hipster.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Are you okay Crispy? You seem to be going through some crisis, which is what inspired you to make this poll. We're here for you, man. You can talk to us.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I picked "Late-fourties. Heart failure." but honestly I think I do not live to 40 years due helth problem, so possibly my answer is "till the end".

Jrpgfan

Erudite
If I get to the point I'll stop playing RPGs, I'll probably leave gaming altogether since the older I get, the less I can stand other types of games.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Answered mid forties.

To be honest I just don't see myself stopping to play rpg or games in general, but at that age I am afraid I will be out of touch with the general culture and the kind of games produced at that time.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I doubt I will ever give them up, it's like asking "at which age are you gonna give up books?", it doesn't work that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom