Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview No Truce With The Furies Teaser Trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: No Truce With The Furies; ZA/UM

Ever since it came to our attention back in June, the off-kilter modern day-themed indie RPG No Truce With The Furies has become one of the Codex's most anticipated games, an achievement aided in no small part by the frequent development updates shared on our forums by its witty developers, Robert "Marat Sar" Kurvitz and Kaspar "Kasparov" Tamsalu. With the year coming to an end, their small studio (now renamed from Fortress Occident to ZAUM Studio, or maybe ZA/UM) has begun to invest in public relations. They now describe the game as a "police procedural role playing game", a more marketable description than "an RPG about being a total failure" but one which doesn't quite capture its weirdness. Luckily, the short teaser trailer they've put together does the trick:

We’ve been really really busy – and oh boy are we ready to show you what we’ve worked on! This is the first taste of our game: the world, the music, the voice acting. It’s a teaser trailer, an honest to god depiction of what to expect from No Truce With The Furies. And we’re proud like hell of it.

The company is now called ZA/UM.

There will be a new site in January, showing off more features.

We would like to thank British Sea Power for the music and Mikee Goodman for the delivery of those lines. And you for tuning in – expect a lot more from us in the coming months. We adore role-playing games and No Truce With The Furies is what we always dreamed RPG’s could be.

No Truce With The Furies was originally supposed to come out this year, but was delayed to 2017 at some point. This is the first time we've seen it on video. Hopefully there'll be more of that soon.

Bakunin

Novice
From what I've been reading in their devlogs and such, I honestly thought I couldn't get more excited for this - and now they have to go and throw Khlebnikov into the mix? :salute:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Looks beautiful but I can't understand a quarter of the words ("a fly to the you-wim [?]"), and the combination of Very Serious music and narration with "disco music" confuses my peasant's brain.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Huh. I'd considered but rejected that because I'd never heard "like a fly to the ointment."

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Does he say "linden headed"?

[EDIT: Limbed and headed?]

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hey guise, what's goin' on in dis...

gyo-shark-will-go-away.jpg

...eeee ok

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Couldn't hear what the narrator says either. Combine it with his unnecessary grave tone, and you have a nice Bane effect.

Prime Junta

Za/um is a cool name. From the Russian and German prepositions?

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
btw what's BA/UM stands for Kasparov ? what is the company named after?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaum
That´s where the name is from initially. It´s also the name of a sort of literary/cultural club/movement thing here in Estonia that some of the developers were part of before forgoing all pleasures in life and chose game development instead. It is not any less pretentious than "Fortress Occident", but it sort of does feel better on your lips, doesn´t it?

Prime Junta

:looks up zaum:

Hey, the English translation for that is Transreason. You, gentlemen, have the Codex vote locked up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom