Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy 15

GrainWetski

Arcane
An action game with shitty action is automatically shitty.

Anyone claiming otherwise should be put out of their misery.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The game is fun (fuck the haters). Got about 40 hours now starting Chapter 4. I'm Level 35 now I think.

I like the exploration aspect. I like sometimes just chilling and using auto-drive for 5 or 6 minutes.

My biggest gripe I guess, is no save in dungeons. I went into one with a lvl 20ish party and 1/2 way through, I got wiped/one shotted by a lvl 60 mob.

Pro Tip: Save before you enter a tomb/dungeon. :)

Zep--

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Dungeons are decent IMO. I wish a more intricate design of them but they have separate rooms whose reward exploration with items. They're not great, that's for sure. But in structure are acceptable and those who I played were very good in terms of visuals and environment.

I heard there's one very similar to Sen fortress from dark souls. I hope it is true.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I think the game is great. I love the exploration aspect and the sidequests

I'm still learning the combat after...I don't know...30 hours? It's as intricate as you want it to be, or use can just hold square then circle and hope for the best.

I'm trying not to look shit up and just play my way.

I finally figured out the magic system (creating spells)...It is easy, don't know what the fuck I was doing earlier when I was making multi casts. Well, I do know...but at the time I thought I was making 3 blizz, 3 fire, three lightning and so on....now I just concentrate on 1 element, and if I make a unicast I give it to one of the numbnuts with me.

My next goal is to figure out "techniques" and how to use them properly.

Oh...Another thing I like...if I use all my magic up (fire,bliz, etc..) in a fight...it lets me make more mid battle. So you're never really fucked if you didn't prepare right.

Chapter 4....I miss my car. So now I buy 10 days of chocobo rent and use them.

I still like fishing, caught a couple rares so far.

I don't like the "pinball" game...I think I played 10 levels and found it pretty boring.

All the dungeons/tombs I've been to so far have been pretty cool/unique. Some I guess I couldn't advance into enough because...reasons.

Zep--

---

Arcane
Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XV. Having shipped five million copies worldwide, Final Fantasy XV was truly able to achieve great results. To the many of you who purchased the game, I would like to express my sincerest thanks.

Currently, I am hearing that an exceedingly large bunch of players around the world are enjoying the game to their heart’s content. All of the staff are truly happy that with how content users are with this new way to play Final Fantasy.

As promised from before release, Final Fantasy XV is not going to be released and then that’s the end of it. From here one, we will continue to update the game to provide a richer gameplay experience to players around the world. And as thanks for surpassing five million copies, we decided to strengthen the update plan considerably beyond what we originally planned, and will share a concrete roadmap.

These are short-term, mid-term, and long-term updates separate from the previously reported downloadable content that make the Final Fantasy XV gameplay experience even richer and get you playing longer, together with updates based on requests from players after release, that we will offer free of charge.

Final Fantasy XV Update Roadmap

*—Short-Term Goals*

First, we will further increase the gameplay satisfaction level of Chapter 13. For that reason, we have already started work on many enhancements, such as significantly enhancing the power of ring magic and so on. We will announce details on these enhancements and when we plan to offer this update at a later time.

*—Mid-Term Goals*

We will enhance the presentation of the second half of the game, and further enhance the satsifaction level of the story experience. For example, we plan to add event scenes that depict things like, “Why does the character Ravus follow that fate?” Since we’re doing localization work to have voice support in all languages for the the added event scenes, we’re taking this on as a mid-term goal. Project details will be announced once they have been decided.

*—Long-Term Goals*

We will make important characters that appear in the main story of the game available to use as playable characters. Also, we will consider adding an avatar system to create an original character to play the game.

In addition to this, we plan to actively continue updates so that players can enjoy Final Fantasy XV over a long period of time.
—Other*

Play a new game while carrying over your status from a cleared game. We will offer various items that expand the scope of gameplay, like for low-level clears and invincible suits. We will increase the font size so that messages are easier to read.

We will offer content such as boss battles complete with rewards and achievements, limited time mob hunts, etc. in order for you to enjoy the game live.

It should be noted that the already announced downloadable content will be released as originally planned.

Final Fantasy XV Holiday Pack (tentative)
Final Fantasy XV Booster Pack (tentative)
Final Fantasy XV Episode Gladiolus (tentative)
Final Fantasy XV Episode Ignis (tentative)
Final Fantasy XV Episode Prompto (tentative)
Final Fantasy XV Online Expansion Pack: War Buddy (tentative)

From all of the staff to every one of the players around the world, we hope that you will enjoy Final Fantasy XV more and more. From now on, please give Final Fantasy XV, as well as the Final Fantasy series, your best regards.

--- xoxo, Tabata

:prosper:

LilSassy

Novice
I'm surprised that update message didn't end with

--Other* We will continue to enjoy CUP NOODLES and COLEMAN camping products

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Idea: When starting a new game the player is forced to watch the Kingsglaive tie-in movie before gameplay starts. Unskippable.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, I finished the history yesterday, and the final part of the game, especially chapter 13, is very bad and feels rushed. Suffice to say, there is a "stealth" part, you can fight, but not properly, and it's boring,long and unnecessary.

The final chapter is fine,because you fight two decent bosses, although the final boss is unchallenging and underwhelming.

It's ironic the part of the game works better is the open world one. I'm playing postgame, hunting and exploring dungeons and it's more fun, than the boring and overly long linear final part of the game.

Also, a thing I can't understand is changing the gameplay loop of the previous 25-30 hours of game, that although has flaws, it is somewhat fun; to a half assed ultra linear semi stealth game, with the character without companions, and a single tool for fight, that is almost a QTE. And it last several hours until you can fight again with your party and the tools you achieved.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

The game will probably be good by the time it gets released on PC.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
My biggest gripe I guess, is no save in dungeons. I went into one with a lvl 20ish party and 1/2 way through, I got wiped/one shotted by a lvl 60 mob.

Pro Tip: Save before you enter a tomb/dungeon. :)

Zep--
Honestly this would piss me off if dungeons can take close to an hour to complete.

The joke originated with KOTOR. I don't think I've seen it applied to Fallout 3 or 4.
You have now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom