Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2 Pre-Announcement Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Josh Sawyer isn't known for his great sentimentality. It's all in the game, yo.

But yes, the question of who will be The Creative Guru on this game is an interesting one.

One thing: I don't think the word "writing" captures what makes a game like FO:NV great. It's about ideas - factions, quests, themes. Writing is just one of the tools with which you implement them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Vailians, Aumuas, and Dwarves (said to be more common in the Vailian Republics)

Azarkon

Arcane
Male Male Male Male Male?
Male Female Female Male Male?
Female Male? Female Female Male

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So everyone is ugly and old now? Finally, a game focusing on the horrors of getting older. :incline:

Sentinel

Arcane
Niggerlands + Aumaua
Dropped.

Where are you seeing the dwarf though? I'm guessing the bottom right bearded guy but he just looks like a normal human.

Sannom

Augur
Male Male Male Male Male?
Male Female Female Male Male?
Female Male? Female Female Male
I'm seeing this :

All males
Male Female Female Male Female
Female Male Female Male Male

You can see that the artist isn't quite comfortable with putting the wide noses on the ladies.

Murk

Arcane
middle left = tranny Obama

if I had to pick from any of those, I'd go Bald dude or grumpy old man on top row

as usual, IWD had the best portraits

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Josh Sawyer's going to show Ken Levine what's what by making a black person killing simulator.

Sentinel

Arcane
Well one of Josh's fav games is Hitman Blood Money, so his fascination with murder isn't surprising.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I mean if anyone was going to be the guy who meticulously carves up a fresh kill in his basement..

Look at those eyes..

latest

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I mean if anyone was going to be the guy who meticulously carves up a fresh kill in his basement..

Look at those eyes..

At least you know he'd make sure you were properly balanced before he stuffed you and added you to his murder gallery. That's the sort of care and attention you just don't get from most serial killer devs.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I wonder when the first codex lp will use the topright portrait.

He looks very distinct. Sharp ears, but without the face markings of Aumua. Some other subrace?
Looks like amauma, same eyes. Anyway seems they gave up for good trying to make aumaumauama faces look visually distinct from humans. The PoE portrait art was very confused with how they are supposed to look, I guess they're all blue/yelllow people with negro features now.

Sannom

Augur
I don't see the difference between these Aumaua and the ones in PoE, to be honest. They just look less weird with their mouth closed, that's all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom