Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Jupiter Hell - DoomRL successor

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hasn't DoomRL been around forever? Hey Chris Avellone, Cadius, your connections might be useful here.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
From a PR perspective this zenimax bullshit is the best thing to happen to your campaign. Now you can have more media coverage with which you can casually mention your kickstarter.
Maybe you're on to something, the article about it appeared on "Polish reddit": http://www.wykop.pl/link/3480915/bethesda-znow-gnebi-maluczkich-tym-razem-naszego-rodaka/ (posted by Bethesda_sucks :D :D :D).
Bethesda_Sucks must be an account of a Codexer since I've seen him post some very Codex like topics on Wykop.

And as everybody already said, transform this thing into a media campaign for your kickstarter. Since Bethesda doesn't want you to be working on DoomRL anymore, you decided that it will be better to create something on your own, with the soul of DoomRL but better!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
What's next with fucking zenimax ? Are they going to take down the idgames wad database? :argh:

But yeah, this is pretty good for your KS. DO some PR with it man.

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
M-maybe Bethesda did this to save the kickstarter campaign? M-maybe they were always the good guys? We were wrong about them... all this time! :o

nil

Cipher
Hasn't DoomRL been around forever? Hey Chris Avellone, Cadius, your connections might be useful here.
Yeah, but now the guy who made it is using it market his own commercial project.
It basically went from a free fangame to a marketing tool.
Also, if the project were to become a shitshow (as kickstarter projects often do), one of zenimax's biggest trademarks would be in every headline.("DooM Roguelike successor developer raped a crocodile, ran off with kickstarter money to the North Pole")

Besides, it's possible the whole thing could've been avoided if they just put a disclaimer on the site before they made a post about the kickstarter. Unlikely, but possible.

I'm not saying the whole thing is OK, but zenimax aren't entirely unreasonable here. If they did this years ago, then yeah, that would be a different story (and I really doubt they just didn't know about it).

sser

Arcane
Developer
Maybe there's a bro at Zenimax who knew this would spur Jupiter across the finish line.

Robert Jarzebina

Ironically this ZeniMax thing is the best thing that could happen to this kickstarter.

I hope this will be funded. Doom(TM)RL was great and I am sure Jupiter Hell will be awesome!

The pledge total seems to be shooting up now. It looks like ZeniMax has done its part to get this thing funded.

Edit: Wait, it seems there some kind of glitch with the total going up and down on the page.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
228 pounds left so it's as good as funded. Congrats :salute:. To be honest I was pretty sure that your goal was too steep, glad I was wrong.

Edit:
Funded!!!
:kingcomrade:

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RIP AND TEAR!

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom