Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LucasArts Full Throttle Remastered by Double Fine - For PS4 and Vita AND PC!

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Fuck DOuble Fine and Tim Scammer

Full Throttle is awesome, but not for girls obv. Game's about motorcycles ffs

Just because

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Can't wait to see the Steam threads on this part:

13-9-13.png

Though it's a lot easier with internet.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Ben’s been double-crossed before, but this time they messed with his gang, they trashed his bike, and they’re about to come back for more.

Originally released by LucasArts in 1995, Full Throttle is a classic graphic adventure game from industry legend Tim Schafer, telling the story of Ben Throttle, butt-kicking leader of biker gang the Polecats, who gets caught up in a take of motorcycles, mayhem and murder.

Now over 20 years later, Full Throttle is back in a remastered edition that features all new hand-drawn and 3D high-resolution artwork, with remastered audio and music.

Players will be able to switch back and forth between classic and remastered modes, and mix-n-match audio, graphics and user interface options to their heart’s desire. Also included is a concept art browser with work from Peter Chan, and a commentary track with the game’s original creators.

Full Throttle was the first game with Tim Schafer as sole project lead, and a much beloved cult classic! This special edition has been lovingly restored and remade with the care and attention that can only come from involving the game's original creators. It’s headed to PS4 in 2017.

And PC too.

Astral Rag

Arcane
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That looks fucking awful. Strange that modern gamerz seem to dig those sterile Flash-like graphics.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Been playing Loom with my kids. That is a game that actually needs a remaster insofar as there is a talky version without music and a music version without talking, and certain close ups missing from one version that are present in the other, and so on. If one simply merged and cleaned up the audio from these versions, it would be a meaningful addition to the world of gaming.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Been playing Loom with my kids. That is a game that actually needs a remaster insofar as there is a talky version without music and a music version without talking, and certain close ups missing from one version that are present in the other, and so on. If one simply merged and cleaned up the audio from these versions, it would be a meaningful addition to the world of gaming.
Sorry, but the talky version is worse. The script is far worse with much of the humor removed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-14-full-throttle-remastered-release-date-set-for-april

Full Throttle Remastered release date set for April

Tim Schafer's 1996 biker-based point-and-kick adventure Full Throttle is finally getting its long-awaited HD remaster on 18th April for PC, PS4 and Vita.

jpg

It will cost $14.99 (or your local equivalent), though PS Plus members will get it for 20 per cent off. You can pre-order it now on PSN and GOG.com.

This remastered edition contains all new hand-drawn art, remastered audio and an improved UI. Like Double Fine's other remasters of Tim Schafer's classic Lucasarts adventures, players will be able to seamlessly switch back and forth between the classic edition and its contemporary upgrade at the touch of a button. You can even mix and match old and new options, should you want the new graphics and music merged with the classic interface.

For more on Full Throttle, we took a look back at the original game a couple of years ago wherein Eurogamer contributor Cara Ellison gives an impassioned plea as to why we should all play it. Little did we know at the time that a remaster was afoot.

Last edited by a moderator:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is very unlike Day of the Tentacle where everything was geometrical shapes, only needing a more higher res of the "pseudo polygons" and looked perfect in the remastered version. I really feel they are taking away some of the charm with this new Full Throttle. The pixels added a lot :(

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is very unlike Day of the Tentacle where everything was geometrical shapes, only needing a more higher res of the "pseudo polygons" and looked perfect in the remastered version. I really feel they are taking away some of the charm with this new Full Throttle. The pixels added a lot :(
Schafer is basically Ripburger at this point.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Schafer is basically Ripburger at this point.

And Ron Gilbert is Corley Motors.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
So.

Next One : the Dig ?

When do they go Beamdog and make the real Monkey Island 3 instead ?

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
Played and finished it this morning. Despite not urgently needing a remaster, it was *very* nice to play with smoother animations, and especially the remastered audio. The character faces are a little sterile, but seeing as the game was originally going for a cel-shaded cartoon look (but not quite pulling it off in 95) from the get-go, I don't think losing the pixelation really hurts the graphics, compared to something like Monkey Island or Q4G4.
Probably not worth the price till a sale, but younger gamers who never experienced it will find it a delight without needing nostalgia glasses or a taste for old games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom