Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might & Magic Showdown, a tabletop-like PvP arena game - lol cancelled

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
BTW, out of all the shitty M&M spinoffs you forgot perhaps the shittiest: Cruasders of Might and Magic.

And UbiSoft published Clash of Heroes which was surprisingly good M&M spin-off. It was Puzzle Quest rip off, yes, but well made. And there was Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, cult classic. So UbiSoft wasn't all that bad with that franchise. Just as any big corporation it's faceless, big and dehumanized, I bet some sleazy manager still could use UbiSoft resources to make great M&M or Heroes game.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Ubisoft ruined Might & magic... Those bastards!

No, 3do did...

-MM9? Shit
-HoMM4? Charming, but shit.
-Crappy MM action game? Warriors of MM.

Oh know! UbiSoft is making an online shooter with the MM license, you say? Well, 3do got them beat. It was called Legends of MM. I bet I'm the only fag who has played that shit.

I played Legends of Might and Magic. It was sort of interesting the way the tried to take the Counter-Strike style economy of items and introduce neutral grinding mobs. I vaguely remember thinking that the level design was okay,but that it was super held back by how underpopulated the servers were. I also remember that there were.... 3 game modes(?) but that people only ever played the Rescue the hostages Princess mode.

BTW, out of all the shitty M&M spinoffs you forgot perhaps the shittiest: Cruasders of Might and Magic.

They both ruined it but unless a they make a good might & magic like the old series with free exploration, they can eat a dick.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At the very least there should be a warning about watching this turd with the volume off. What marketing dipshit honestly thought 5 straight minutes of a fucking raid siren was a good idea?

This isn't a marketing video, it's some random person who found an easter egg in Watch Dogs 2 and recorded it. The sirens, I assume, are from nearby police cars in the game.

Hyperion

Arcane
This isn't a marketing video, it's some random person who found an easter egg in Watch Dogs 2 and recorded it. The sirens, I assume, are from nearby police cars in the game.

That's even worse. Remove the pixelated vagina, but keep the obnoxious sirens. They're more offensive.

Mightmagic

Augur

No, 3do did...

-MM9? Shit

Oh know! UbiSoft is making an online shooter with the MM license, you say? Well, 3do got them beat. It was called Legends of MM. I bet I'm the only fag who has played that shit.
MM8: shit
MM6 and 7: good but less good than world of xeen

3do was worst than ubi soft but ubi soft is also shit.

Mozg

Arcane
It seems certain that a game with viral marketing in Watch Dogs 2 is targeted at the same audience that bought MMX

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Pretty obvious prediction: this will suck ass.

Most, if not all, of Ubisoft's latest M&M games have been commercial and critical disappointments so they probably don't have any faith left in the franchise. This will likely be an attempt to milk the last bit of money then can from a dying franchise and they'll do it by making a crappy spinoff title exploiting whatever genre happens to be popular right now. Even if the dev team actually cares, they will have to work with a shoestring budget so the game will be shit either way. HOMM7 had very low production values, and if Ubisoft isn't willing to invest even in the main titles, this will probably have zero budget.

I find it hard to get angry at Ubisoft for this. They gave it a genuine shot a couple of years ago, which was just bizarre for a publisher of their size. When asked whether they're making another, they didn't bullshit, they just said 'no, not a true sequel anyway, it just didn't sell well enough'. None of that Bioware 'Hell yeah! And we've got all these improvements that we're so excited about. It's going make the hard-core fans even happier, and bring a lot of new players into the series too!' nonsense. Just refreshing honesty - 'We like money. It didn't make enough of it.'

And now at least they've got the decency to use the universal gaming symbol for 'Nothing to do with the series gameplay, different genre entirely, we're just milking the IP, ok?', i.e. the ' hyphen subtitle instead of a number'.

Not saying it's good, just that it's as good as you can expect from a major publisher. And it shows a hell of a lot more decency and respect for the fanbase than they'd get from Bioware/EA, who you just know would straight up lie and claim that it's a true continuation of the M&M series.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

No, 3do did...

-MM9? Shit

MM9 was unfinished. HoMM4 OTOH is great, fucking kill yourself.

Nael

Arcane
Might and Magic: Let it die

No, just make it great again.

1-JVC.jpg

Bring JVC back.

Repressed Homosexual
The Creature Quest card game of his has been in beta test in Ireland, Hong Kong, Singapore and the Netherlands for like two years by now. I don't know what the hell JVC is doing with this.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
I got confused. I thought warriors of mm was a shitty renamed PC to console port of crusaders- but I guess they are different games.

Oh lordy- I just remembered 'M&M:Shifters' it was a sequel to either crusaders or warriors. Jesus christ. I think I agree with Mightmagic . UbiSoft may be shit but it hasn't hit 3dos level YET. Fuck me I need a drink.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom