Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Oh my

Zanzoken

Arcane
I bet if they had made it a priority then it would've been easy enough. I'm not even crazy about those features but I would take them over Origin Stories any day.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wasn't following DOS2 at all, bought the game yesterday and I have 2 dumb questions:
- Those indirect dialogues, are they placeholder or did Larian confirm that it's a design choice? They're pretty jarring tbh :/
- Will there be a second protagonist added to the game later? I really like intentionally contradicting each other in dual dialogues sections, origin characters can do the same but it feels more natural with my own character :/

racofer

Thread Incliner

YOU HAVE FAILED THIS WEBSITE

lrTwWye.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
Durability as an actual cost (consumable resource) of bashing shit is fine, so is some items dramatically differing from others in terms of durability (to the point where it would start influencing individual encounters - for example if you had silver or glass weapons or weaker armor types - those could get damaged enough during single encounter to impact the combat itself).
I wouldn't really go with hammers as consumable supply, though - have hammer/repair kit (possibly somewhat heavy) as just something you carry around but use crafting materials matching repaired item as consumable resources instead. Use somewhat reduced crafting requirements as repair requirements.

Also, run risk of destroying fragile items (like potions, some jewelry, etc.) and damaging some others (weapons, armor) when bashing and flammable items (plus some potions) when fireballing.
Produce discernible junk items if possible (to signal the loss to the player).

Durability cost of bashing doesn't need to match durability cost of combat - a sword is specifically designed to damage soft fleshy beings rather than sturdy wooden boxes - latter use is going to be hard on it.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wasn't following DOS2 at all, bought the game yesterday and I have 2 dumb questions:
- Those indirect dialogues, are they placeholder or did Larian confirm that it's a design choice? They're pretty jarring tbh :/
- Will there be a second protagonist added to the game later? I really like intentionally contradicting each other in dual dialogues sections, origin characters can do the same but it feels more natural with my own character :/
Indirect dialogues and one MC are going to stay as they are now, unless they change their minds for some reason.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The undead is what I am waiting for as well before I try the EA. Not really interested in the others.

anus_pounder

Arcane
:x

btw, have they said how undead the undead PC is going to be? Like are we straight up a walking skelington Dragon Commander style, are we zombies? or are they gonna go with the bullshit 'looks exactly like a live person' thing where the only sign we're undead is some shit handwave about giving off bad vibes.

SniperHF

Arcane
I don't see why they'd hold it back for release, they didn't do anything like that for 1. The version out there they still consider Alpha. When they call it a "beta" I'd expect most of the missing features will be in there.

Murk

Arcane
re: consumable resources fore repair

Interestingly, OS1 had consumable wetstones and repair kits (tongs?), but not consumable identifier (that I found, anyway).

Though burning 1 skill point, having the personality trait, or just getting blacksmith 1 from gear was more than easy to do. I do agree that it was pointless tedium tho, especially since you had to unequip the gear to repair it.

Sòren

Arcane
so are there any signs that there will be more unique (and useful) weapons and armor in this game? the most off-putting thing for me in the first one gameplay wise was all the randomized shit. i really don't like that and it completely killed the exlploration part for me.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Still randomized. They'll have unique weps/armors, but that doesn't really fix the problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom