Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Random Adventure Game News Thread

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, we made this little demo with three folks: Me, a musician and one artist-animator. Would be nice to do a complete game.

Bt

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
ss_8e7aa5c6b94e9686376f6e437d0f70f91f5af280.600x338.jpg

Duke Grabowski, Mighty Swashbuckler, a pirate themed point-and-click adventure from a former LucasArts artist Bill Tiller (the Art Director of The Dig) is coming next week.

It's episodic.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Slewface is the villain, and the challenge is sexist, and Duke has to realize it over the course of the game. When Duke gets to shore and meets actual women, everything changes. He has to relate to them as actual human beings.

As Bill said in a recent interview,

"He slowly learns through trial and error, and a lot of pain, what's the right thing to do. He starts realizing, 'Hey, maybe what I originally wanted -- maybe I don't want it after all. Y'know? Maybe this crew is a bunch of jerks and I don't really need 'em.'"
Sounds promising.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Release date: October 25, 2016

"Don't you remember me? After all we've been through..."

What do you want to be when you grow up? Paul thought his life would be set after college, but at 22 he's toiling away in a job he doesn't like and coming home to an empty apartment every night. He doesn't know who he is, where he's going, or how he fits into his world.
But then on one dark and stormy night, a mysterious woman appears to him, and everything changes...

The Beard in the Mirror is a throwback to when adventure games came in giant cardboard boxes and if you didn't have the hintbook, that was it; you were stuck on that puzzle for the rest of your life. It's a labor of love from a husband-and-wife team from two different worlds (she's a Sierra fangirl, and he's a LucasArts diehard) who have been working on it together since before they even started dating.

KEY FEATURES
• A classic point-and-click adventure for the modern age!
• Sincere yet lighthearted story with magic, danger, romance, and adventure
• Death lurking around every corner! (Although you'll never lose any progress.)
• Retro points system to help you track your progress, and see if you've missed any secrets...
• Just like the games you used to play on your dad's weird friend's computer
• From the developers of Cat President: A More Purrfect Union and A STRANGER COMES CALLING

You can check out the game on Steam here.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Looks cool.
From the developers of Cat President: A More Purrfect Union and A STRANGER COMES CALLING

They're crazy, which is certainly a good point here, I hope the game will be full of improbable death sequences.

V_K

Arcane
Looks cool.
From the developers of Cat President: A More Purrfect Union and A STRANGER COMES CALLING

They're crazy, which is certainly a good point here, I hope the game will be full of improbable death sequences.

IN A WORLD, WHERE DOORBELLS ARE HAPPENING...

ONE MAN MUST FACE HIS FEARS

AND OPEN THE DOOR FOR SOMEONE HE DOESN'T KNOW
If they knew anything about anxiety, it would have been a phone call. :rpgcodex:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The Wardrobe, a comedy point and click adventure game inspired by LucasArts games and "isn't shy about dealing with mature and non-politically correct themes."

wXkdrDX.png
A visually-rich 2D point & click adventure game which pays tribute to the pop culture through a myriad of references.

wXkdrDX.png
Inspired by the great ‘90s classics such as 'Monkey Island', 'Day of the Tentacle', 'Tony Tough' and 'Sam & Max: Hit the Road', the game has a strong sense of humour, but isn't shy about dealing with mature and non-politically correct themes.

wXkdrDX.png
More than 40 hand-illustrated and digitally colored locations, populated with more than 70 characters and enriched by dozens of puzzles.

wXkdrDX.png
Four types of actions for each hotspot (Look, Pick up, Use, and Talk) and dialogues with multiple choices (and full of funny answers to try)!

wXkdrDX.png
Play as Skinny, a teen-skeleton with an impertinent attitude and a sparkling wit, willing to do anything to save his best friend’s soul from eternal damnation!

wXkdrDX.png
Dozens of clever puzzles and many inventory objects to collect!

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I don't know, unfortunately the game seems overloaded with references. They'd better just stick to their own absurd characters and situations, Randal's Monday was indigestible.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The Wardrobe, a comedy point and click adventure game inspired by LucasArts games and "isn't shy about dealing with mature and non-politically correct themes."

This reminds me of a game that was on Home of the Underdogs back in the day.

A freeware/indie 2d shooter starring an edgy anti-consumerist skeleton teenager who refused to sell out to a mega corporation - so the mega corporation created a corporate-approved female version of him to act as their mascot while they cashed in on his antics.

Can't remember the name of it, though.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Release trailer for Candle (Daedalic, 2D point-and-click)

Steam page

According to Steam/GoG/Metacritic reviews the game seems to be good.
Candle is not just a pretty face. It is difficult, uses a powerful visual narrative and is, in a few words, charming. If you are lovers of puzzles and platforms games, Candle is a must have.
Candle is a gorgeous adventure game with a clever puzzle design and beautiful art style.
Candle is a videogame that does not stay in its artistic beauty, but also has deep gameplay mechanics and a world full of details. One of the best surprises of the year.
I don't remember being so stuck in so much puzzles since the old LucasArts adventures, but in the end all are solvable after some thinking and much observing. Sometimes I wanted to kill the designers, but I remember having that same feeling playing Monkey Island and I still love Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer :-D
Nice game. Loved the story and the ending.
This game is beautiful.Gameplay: Puzzle game with shades of plataforming and heavy puzzle solving. The puzzles are hard but there's always something in the enviroment that gives you clues about what to do. Control: I played with keyboard and the controls are good, i did not had any issues with controls. Graphics: Amazing and i can say it runs in a toaster, i have an old lap top with intel integrated graphics 4000 and didn't had any kind of problems only the cutscenes were very slow. Story: So far so good nothing new, nothing wrong. You are Tek your village was attacked and your people killed, the shaman is lost and your mission is found and rescue... it fits the game very well. Fun factor: Fun, fun, fun. Overall: If you want a good adventure game that offers good challeng and beautifull graphics you can't do wrong spending a couple of coins in this game.
Beautiful art design, lovely soundtrack, clever puzzles and simple controls. Like an old school point and click adventure, with many of the frustrations of random clicking avoided. Best played with a controller.
A beautiful hand drawn adventure game. With puzzles easy to difficult....

By the way, GoG link : https://af.gog.com/game/candle?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Playing a point'n'click with keyboard? What is this madness

Edit: watched the trailer, it's more like Limbo.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

THE EMPIRE STAGGERS BACK

In the wake of political developments during the summer of 2016 and the events that followed, Britain found itself increasingly isolated from global society. Frustrated by the demise of this once great nation Her Majesty the Queen concluded that the elected representatives at Westminster were no longer fit to govern her United Kingdom.

Having dissolved parliament, returning the United Kingdom to an autocratic government, improvements were immediate and wide ranging. However, ever the pragmatist, Her Majesty concluded that, given the complications Britain was facing returning to a position of power on earth, perhaps it was time to focus her attention elsewhere...

Establishing S.P.I.F.F.I.N.G. (Special Planetary Investigative Force For Inhabiting New Galaxies)Her Majesty has turned to the stars in a bid to establish a new, Galactic British Empire!

Assuming command of the near futuristic space ship HMSS Imperialise and her crew (distinguished veteran and gentleman Captain Frank Lee English and Aled, his mild-mannered South Walean colleague) YOU will venture into the cosmos, solving puzzles, engaging in witty banter, deal with crippling claustrophobia, gradually succumb to the sustained exposure of cosmic radiation and so on, all for Queen and Country.

Heck, along the way, you may stumble into a few other folks venturing about the cosmos with their own intergalactic aspirations…

:cheersmate::mrpresident:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom