Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Rats released

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
First satisfied customer (not sure if serious)

Made arbalist, got stabbed in the face
Made swordsman, got stabbed in the face
Made axeman, got stabbed in the face
Listen, I've played plenty of hardcore rpgs and not; beat every one of them; I've never run from a challenge and always playing on the highest difficulty, but this game is just ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
There is no better word for it, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
How come that I am, the mighty hero, the dragonslayer, getting eaten by a ♥♥♥♥ing ant over and over again????
How come an experienced man that lived underground for years and who is strong enough to smash three people at a time with his sledgehammer can't kill A ♥♥♥♥ING ANT????
This game is absolutely irrational and I'm not even one of those people who hate on a phantasy game/movie for being alogical.
Do not recomment to play this game, it sucks balls.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
My mouse cursor seems to be moving/sliding around randomly in game...Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Edit: Steam version.
Seems to be a problem with border-less full screen and window mode, normal full screen works perfectly. No idea what's the cause...

agris

Arcane
Patron
My mouse cursor seems to be moving/sliding around randomly in game...Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Seems to be a problem with border-less full screen and window mode, normal full screen works perfectly. No idea what's the cause...
No issue and I'm in borderless fullscreen. If you have any software running that tries to dynamically manage your KB/M settings, like the Logitech or Razer shit, try disabling them and see if it goes away.

Vicar

Cipher
Patron

No issue and I'm in borderless fullscreen. If you have any software running that tries to dynamically manage your KB/M settings, like the Logitech or Razer shit, try disabling them and see if it goes away.
Will try tomorrow since it's midnight here and I'm getting sleepy. Game definitely looks good and hopefully I'll have more time to enjoy it soon

SniperHF

Arcane
Are you guys going to make a combo AoD + Dungeon Rats pack?

Also is the AMD Shadow issue still a thing meaning I'll have to update my drivers?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Are you guys going to make a combo AoD + Dungeon Rats pack?

Also is the AMD Shadow issue still a thing meaning I'll have to update my drivers?
R9 290 with the .91 drivers and no freezing yet with everything turned up to max.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
same as aod only much more trash and much less convo. major decline! i want my money back. oh wait...

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Noticed on the char creation screen, block and dodge say str and dex are the attributes that govern them, but you appear to have shifted it to Con for both (as the Con description says, and in the breakdown it only shows Con contributing to the score). Str and Dex descriptions also say they contribute to block/dodge.

Ahn...no?

hPBnPDL.jpg

Stat Bonus = STR for Block and DEX for Dodge. Constitution Bonus = self explanatory. Those are two different bonuses and they both stack. CON isn't just about HP, it makes you much harder to kill overall. :P

DeepOcean

Arcane
First satisfied customer (not sure if serious)

Made arbalist, got stabbed in the face
Made swordsman, got stabbed in the face
Made axeman, got stabbed in the face
Listen, I've played plenty of hardcore rpgs and not; beat every one of them; I've never run from a challenge and always playing on the highest difficulty, but this game is just ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
There is no better word for it, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
How come that I am, the mighty hero, the dragonslayer, getting eaten by a ♥♥♥♥ing ant over and over again????
How come an experienced man that lived underground for years and who is strong enough to smash three people at a time with his sledgehammer can't kill A ♥♥♥♥ING ANT????
This game is absolutely irrational and I'm not even one of those people who hate on a phantasy game/movie for being alogical.
Do not recomment to play this game, it sucks balls.
You broke the poor man ego VD, he won't ever see ants on the same way again.:lol:

Mozg

Arcane
Slick tutorials. Should help games journalists with Colony Ship Game

axedice

Cipher

970GTX and same problem with borderless/windowed. Only fullscreen keeps the mouse steady.

Is handcrossbow still a thing? I'd like to torture myself with a 10 cha / 10 int character in my first playthrough with some shield/ranged combo.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Is handcrossbow still a thing? I'd like to torture myself with a 10 cha / 10 int character in my first playthrough with some shield/ranged combo.

Yep! One of my builds was a CHA 10 guy 4 STR with 3 one-handed crossbows and a big shield.
I found handcrossbow only in my first playthrough, couldn't find it in my other 2 runs. Where is it (or who has it)? Which fight?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Use nets/bolas, find chokepoints, position yourself so that at least one enemy will be in line of fire and some of the arrows will hit the opponent and not you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom