Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
Tnx for offers guys, but I bought a lower level 5L pure armor body armor for 1C. The top tier armor 5L are a bit more expensive :)

This character is kind of fun but also still squishy. I need to grab lots of health nodes. I fought 3 bosses in Vaal Pyramid map yesterday and died 3 times to the frenzy fast attacking one :(

Also did a rare map with 2 fire bosses (they look like 2nd form of Merveil) that like one shot me as soon as I came close lol. I didn't try again :D

And all my ele resists are at 79% :/
Also seems I need to start using granite flask.

Quatlo

Arcane
Tnx for offers guys, but I bought a lower level 5L pure armor body armor for 1C. The top tier armor 5L are a bit more expensive :)

This character is kind of fun but also still squishy. I need to grab lots of health nodes. I fought 3 bosses in Vaal Pyramid map yesterday and died 3 times to the frenzy fast attacking one :(

Also did a rare map with 2 fire bosses (they look like 2nd form of Merveil) that like one shot me as soon as I came close lol. I didn't try again :D

And all my ele resists are at 79% :/
Also seems I need to start using granite flask.
Use basalt flask, they are better imo, try to get the 20% phys to frost reduction armour from essence too, you can end up with better lightning coil!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finished with Ranger on Normal at lvl45. At first I was like "nice!" but then quickly reminded that I forgot to do Ascension Trial before going through portal to Cruel difficulty...:argh:
While Normal playthrough was ok and most of the time easy - AscTrial was too time consuming ("average player do it in 40min" my ass) and few spikes that put me at the beginning was not fun.
I read about Life Leech (took pasive gem that replace regen with leech) but it doesn't do anything. Where is screwed here?

Helton

Arcane
Do you actually have any life leech nodes? All the keystone does is make life leech instant I think. If you don't already have some, it won't give it to you.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Finished with Ranger on Normal at lvl45. At first I was like "nice!" but then quickly reminded that I forgot to do Ascension Trial before going through portal to Cruel difficulty...:argh:
While Normal playthrough was ok and most of the time easy - AscTrial was too time consuming ("average player do it in 40min" my ass) and few spikes that put me at the beginning was not fun.
I read about Life Leech (took pasive gem that replace regen with leech) but it doesn't do anything. Where is screwed here?
The good thing is, you only have to do the trials once per league, no need to repeat it on other characters. The bad thing is, you need to do them in cruel and merci too, and they are more difficult.

A good idea is to have some mobility skill. Blink arrow for bow builds, whirling blades for melee, flame dash for casters. It will help you just jump over some traps.

As Helton said, Vaal pact, the passive node you took on the tree, is only good if you have some leech from other sources. Maybe a life leech gem, or some of the leech nodes from the tree, or from an equipped unique item. It is a potent defensive mechanism on characters with a good source of leech and who are not investing in any life regeneration anyway.

But you will hate labyrinth traps even more due to this passive node, believe me.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Jesus H Christ, I was doing a mindless unidend Arena map and a Mirror of Kalandra dropped. My jaw is missing still.

I believe a thing like that justifies a double post.

Now I can start breathing again.

Carceri

Arcane
Jesus H Christ, I was doing a mindless unidend Arena map and a Mirror of Kalandra dropped. My jaw is missing still.

I believe a thing like that justifies a double post.

Now I can start breathing again.

Heh, so you can confirm they really do exist.

Congratz!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
OK, managed to retrieve my skillpoint from that awful not-working-leech gem and finally finished Labirynth/Trial at 3rd try. Second to last try I went full headless chicken in 3rd Izuar phaze and run into traps because his teleporting aura. I choose Deadeye as my ascend class. Last treasure room - so much stuff you get almost nothing because no teleport or enough space.
Also released Scion before going Act4, which was p.short, managed to do it at Sunday night and still got plenty of free time.
What you do when you finish any game? Surf the web?

Still thinking about increasing stash or getting currency tab but then I do some cleaning and got more space again.

Last edited:

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hehe, awful? Vaal Pact is ridiculously good if you have enough EHP (going CI or low life helps there), damage and leech.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
should permabanned them from MMOs and online (and any other) games, but then they might be bored enought to start hacking everyone...

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am leveling two characters atm, one with friend and one alone.
The one with friend is a Pathfinder elemental Cyclone using Trypanon. My main skill is Cyclone+Added Light dmg+Added cold dmg+WED+Faster Attacks+Increased Critical Damage(for bosses)/Increased AoE(for mobs). I also use Wrath, HoT and HoI for bonus damage. Got 24% lightning penetration for lightning and 16% for cold. Acrobatics and Life, not on EHC so I don't mind dying :D
I got am AW+Added Light dmg+Added cold dmg+WED+Faster Attacks+Increased Critical Damage for bosses I cannot melee. Reflect will not work well for me of course :D

Second character is Spark Crit CI Inquisitor, standard build. Spark will be main skill (Spark+SpellEcho+CritStrike+CritDamage+FasterProjectiles+LifeLeech), but I will also have a Vaal Spark in 4L to help with bosses. I can also switch around those two gems and farm Dried Lake faster if I want. Gonna be using Voidwalker boots to get free Pierce. If I manage to mindlessly farm with this build maybe I can one day get a Shavrones and do a LL version of this :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
BTW, the Trypanon elemental one will be my build for next league except it will be an Ancestral Totem Inquisitor version :)
Both Trypanon, Facebreaker and Marlene's Falacy are not expensive items that make this build awesome. You can also use Abyssus if you want an overkill :D

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Some news on the new patches, channeling skills and Dx11 client:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1760587

Basically, the two patches, for skills and Dx11 were combined into one and will be released at the soonest opportunity between 10 and 17 November. Also, there is some still unannounced performance improvement included in it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Some news on the new patches, channeling skills and Dx11 client:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1760587

Basically, the two patches, for skills and Dx11 were combined into one and will be released at the soonest opportunity between 10 and 17 November. Also, there is some still unannounced performance improvement included in it.
Performance in this game is already awesome on my computer, FPS never drops below 60 (but I don't play in big groups, mostly just solo).
I wish Grim Dawn team made more performance updates and big changes like this.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Well I must be retarded but I can't find any info on the next season, what's the ETA?
There is no info on the next league.

The only info we have is that the current essence league ends on 28 November 2016 21:00:00 UTC and from the previous experience one should expect up to a week of a gap between leagues, so the next league should start somewhere around the first week of December.

As to what it will be, GGG will probably start teasing it pretty soon, seeing that there is less than a month left till the supposed start.

Maybe the teasing will start right after the next patch with channeling skills and Dx11, so after 13 Nov.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Ok, there is now some info on the new league.

The new league will start on 2nd December. More info about it will be released on Friday, 18.11.

Also, the accursed channeling skills/dx11 patch is coming on Thursday or Friday too.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There are full patch notes for the upcoming patch. What I am interested in is the balance patch that is coming with the new league :)

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I honestly don't think a real melee style can work in a game this fast paced. If things can kill you from a distance in less than a second and vice versa, melee is always going to be inferior just by virtue of human reaction speed and interface control issues. I'm honestly leaning towards abandoning this game because of that design choice; the fights in this game always feel trivially simple, even when they're drawn out it's a matter of continuously dodging the OHKO moves and staying at full health without expending resources. There's no tension from being at low health because you can heal to full in a second anyways and it's not really more dangerous than being at full health.

Aothan

Magister
melee is also being placed in a greater number of situations where, relative to difficulty, the likelihood of single attacks wiping a character are more common (or taking enough damage to temporarily become vulnerable to a range of damage spikes), this balance issue started a long long time ago when GGG decided to not nerf range, and has defined the game and its balance since that time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom