Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Cormac was playing with dead bodies all day and has no clue who she is.He was not there for the big reveal. He still thinks Ymae is running around trying to steal her cousins soul.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The eldest of the men with the glaucous eye, speaks, "Come in be seated. I am Taran." He motions to chairs pulled around the hall's central fire. "Now then, we've been discussing matters long into the night and have several questions for you. Firstly, the wolf. Talorc sumoned the whole village yesterday morning to tell us that Syelle Ru told had banished it with magic when it failed to materialize the other night, but now we hear from young master Drust ap Gorma that Brule wields the Ulfheonar spear -- Dubh Sleagh. Is this true?" He turns his head toward Brule, "Did you banish the beast truly or is it only temporarily defeated like the last time? Are we free of its menace?"

Brule, still standing, pauses and then speaks, "No. This man here was Ulfheonar incarnate. He slew the beast." He points to Borric.

The two men to Taran's side lean-in and confer in hushed whispers. Taran nods faintly and waves them aside. "Is this true Kurgan?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Aye. As I held the spear in hand, I learnt to speak your tongue, and the spear itself was... alive, with memories of hunting, of triumph, and battle. As we slew the beast, the spear lost whatever spirit it housed."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr takes a seat. "Elders, the night the beast was defeated I slept in it's grotto and had a vision. A large golden eyed crow, beak and talons dripping blood said it's servant had been defeated but would return if the false king remained. We deem Talorc's demise means the wolf will not return."

"I witnessed Syelle Ru's death, using a ritual i learmed in the tomb. He summoned the wolf that you knew as Ru for the past few weeks. I do not know for what purpose, but he was negligent in creating a protective circle. His actions were the catalyst for the death and meyhem your people have experienced."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Taran, Cinegetorix, and Dolmech listen intently and say nothing for a good long while, finally they turn and confer quietly for a few moments. Finally Taran speaks again, "The spear. May we see it?"

Brule unwraps the spear from the goatskin swaddle, and extends the spear to Taran whose hands tremble slightly as he takes it gingerly. Taran and the two other men stand and carefully run their eyes along the length of the implement and nod to one another satisfied. Taran comes forward and mutters a short incantation while placing a rune-engraved stone in Brule's hands, "Speak truth Brule ap Bruna. Do these foreigners speak true?" Brule's voice takes on a wooden, distant tone and he replies, "Yes, they speak truth"

Taran speaks again, "Did you or these men violate the resting spirit of Ulfheonar when you took up his spear?" Brule replies again in the same distant, almost disembodied way, "No, the tomb was already breached. The spear accepted the Kurgan's hand."

Taran ask one final question, "Are you fit of body and mind and free of curse, compulsion or geas?" Brule replies, "Yes, I am only compelled to speak truth to you."

Taran takes the stone from Brule, inspects it briefly, smiles faintly and nods his head, "Then go forth Brule ap Bruna and be welcome into the bosom of the clan once more. You and your kin's banishment is lifted." He points at Borric and all assembled, "And you friends, you have our eternal thanks and hospitality for ridding us of both our punishment and the source of our woe; our hearth is your hearth. We also owe you a great debt of gratitude we will not shirk. If there some boon we can grant, ask and we will do our best to fulfill it."

(If you all want to confer out of character I'll allow it, or you can always delay answering the elder.)

L'ennui

Magister
"You do us a great honour. Allow us a short palaver please, that we may decide on the most beneficial course of action."

After a short bow, Urash turns to the others and whispers.

"Any ideas, friends?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Any ideas, friends?"
Borric shakes his head ruefully, "Unless our Pictish friends have some way of helping me reclaim my tribe from the clutches of the Death God, I don't know what I am to ask of them. Or maybe if we could find a way to finish the tasks of our dead comrades, though I know not how they can help us in that regard."

"I would be interested to see what these elders have in regards to Arawan. Esepcailly after finding what I found in the tomb. I only wish their knowlege on the subject. They may give that to me outside of the boon they offer us."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Although the gifts by the people have been more than enough of a reward, perhaps aid in tracking down Uvan? Just as well I wouldn't say no in seeing a healer, that blasted wolf did a number on me."

L'ennui

Magister
"Aye, perhaps they could tend to our health. For my part, I need two birds. A swift one and a fierce one. I know not if they can procure this for me, but it is all I can think of asking. On second thought, perhaps we should also inform them of Aphrodisias' situation and ask for hospitality on her behalf? In this way we can be sure of her assistance."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Any help they could provide in pointing us toward the vial Koren Ghul sent us to retrieve, and it's current owener would be welcome. The location in my vision should be unique."

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"I agree that knowledge would be our best reward. Be it of your family, Marcan, or anything else. That truth stone could also be very useful, do you not think?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cinegetorix, a short, bluff-faced man, is at the edge of your hushed conversation and coughs politely to get your attention and speaks in halting Illyrian *Ahem*, "Excuse to me? Gift is to each, not is one."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"That does make things a lot easier. I'd have better chances asking Aphrodisias, as busy as she may be, about the whereabouts of my Father. So, does that mean we've all decided?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Taran speaks again, "When you are ready, let us know and we will try to accommodate your wishes. We aren't wealthy, but there were things Talorc had kept back for himself that we didn't know about. In the meantime, rest and be well. Our homes our open to you and if you stay through the end of the month we would be honored to have you as guests for Beltane. The feast should be especially joyous this year."

With that, it appears you are being dismissed and free to go wherever you will.

Brule pulls Borric aside and motions him to follow him.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash approaches the elders and asks tentatively:

"Esteemed hosts, when you say Talorc had kept some things for himself, what things exactly would these be? If one may be so bold as to ask.

And if I may further enquire; do you make use of carrier or messenger birds? I have much to report to my master, and little means to do so."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Taran, replies to Urash. He shakes his head, "No, we don't use messenger birds. When we have need of our kinsmen across Loch Oerni, we light the signal fires on Beacon Hill; the color of the smoke tells what needs to be said." He continues, "You also want to know about Talorc's greed -- Treasures and wealth he hoarded and cached. We searched his apartments this morning and discovered a chest full of silver and gemstones under the floorboards of his bedchamber. Syelle Ru's room was a disaster, nothing much to be found there, except we did a strange thing. A silver bowl stashed away under his sleeping pallet which was extremely cold to the touch. We dare not touch it. If Drune Eogan were still here we'd take it to him and Ymae is nowhere to be found. Would you mind looking at it for us?"

Brule motions Borric to follow him down the hill. When you arrive outside the Fidach's hostel, he tells you to wait outside while he goes to fetch something. A couple of minutes later he emerges into the mid-morning sun, carrying a parcel wrapped in goatskin. He kneels down and unties the thongs and unfurls it. The glint of metal catches your eye and Brule lifts a polished steel coat of scale mail of exquisite workmanship, "Borric, I want you to have this. I took it from a dead Kimmerian several months back. It doesn't fit me and the village armorsmith was killed by Blaidd Mawr before he could resize it for me. I think it will fit you just fine. You surrendered the Spear of Ulfheonar and did me a great honor and now I would repay your generosity."
(I'll give you the stats and put it on your character sheet if you accept the item ERYFKRAD)

Last edited:
"Elders, in the tomb I we found a relief that depicted Arawn. You people must have had some connection to him. Do you have a place where information such as this would be kept? I wish to study this subject in more detail."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Borric eyes the coat, hesitant to accept, yet unwilling to insult the Pict's generosity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom