Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #30: New Offices, New Patch

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

Larian have just released the first patch for the Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access build, and a new Kickstarter update to go along with it. In the accompanying video, Swen takes us on a tour of Larian's new offices in Ghent (which are rather palatial but still very incomplete) and talks about topics such as Larian's metrics-driven approach to balancing Original Sin 2 and his recent visit to the IgroMir gaming exhibition in Moscow. He doesn't actually have a lot to say about the patch, which wasn't ready yet when the video was shot. You can read about that here. Here's the video:

It's worth noting that this video is, I believe, the first time Swen has mentioned Larian's mysterious second project since last May. Nice to know that still exists! They might be hiring people to work on it at their Saint Petersburg studio, too...

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Nice offices, but Swen is starting to look as though he could do with a lie down and some sleep. When those two supports holding up the ceiling first came into view I thought they were fireman's poles and was about to send Larian my CV!

Didn't the last office have a bar? Looks like this one is going to have a wine cellar.

himmy

Arcane
Nice offices, but Swen is starting to look as though he could do with a lie down and some sleep.

He seems to have some sort of infection around his left eye so that probably contributes to him looking tired. Or maybe his blow contact was lost in the move.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I wonder what Larian's financial situation is like nowadays. D:OS obviously did well and now the sequel money has started coming in, but with how they are hiring and expanding the "burn rate" must be getting up there.

Gicusan

Educated
Swen moved into an actual palace! A run down one but a palace is a palace. That and the bigger and bigger teams scare me too. Let us hope he knows what he's doing.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Swen moved into an actual palace! A run down one but a palace is a palace. That and the bigger and bigger teams scare me too. Let us hope he knows what he's doing.
as long the big team dont work on the same project it'll be fine.

and looks like they're working on multiple projects

himmy

Arcane

Eh, large houses like that are more common and much cheaper than you would think in continental Europe.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's worth noting that this video is, I believe, the first time Swen has mentioned Larian's mysterious second project since last May

By the looks of the map, it appears to be another fantasy thing. Not sure how interesting it'll be.

I think Larian should make a game similiar to Albion (with heavier focus on the sci-fi side) to at least get some form of twist to that commonplace fantasy thing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's worth noting that this video is, I believe, the first time Swen has mentioned Larian's mysterious second project since last May

By the looks of the map, it appears to be another fantasy thing. Not sure how interesting it'll be.

I think Larian should make a game similiar to Albion (with heavier focus on the sci-fi side) to at least get some form of twist to that commonplace fantasy thing.

What map? I'm not sure we saw anything from the second project in the video.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron

I kind of assumed, that the "Here's a small glimpse of something I'm not going to talk about" thing (at around 1:45) was about the new project. Perhaps it isn't.

Aenra

Eh, large houses like that are more common and much cheaper than you would think in continental Europe.

Yeap. Also, many EU countries actually motivate buyers (and i mean financially) to purchase certain properties believed to be "iconic" or "representative" of the city's style and culture. Buyer(s) gets reduced taxes, state gets relevant building renovated and at no cost to its own coffers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

I kind of assumed, that the "Here's a small glimpse of something I'm not going to talk about" thing (at around 1:45) was about the new project. Perhaps it isn't.

Could be. You'd think they'd be working on it in a separate room from D:OS 2, though.

aqXExol.jpg

Does this look familiar to anybody?

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
You'd think they'd be working on it in a separate room from D:OS 2, though.

Sure. But I thought that since it's a new studio with unfinished floors and holes in their roof'n stuff, things might not be at their final setup yet.

Well, who knows...

Aenra

Question: that 10% of people sending data.. is that how it usually goes? 90% just pew-pewing and then logging out? :s

(and since i posted again anyway; i only just noticed the update's title, nice touch! All "insects" die, lol)

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
What a fuckin shitty building...
Made me even smell the mold!

Last edited:
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Question: that 10% of people sending data.. is that how it usually goes? 90% just pew-pewing and then logging out? :s

Assuming you are talking about DOS2's early access data, I don't know, maybe 90% of people value privacy?

Aenra

Random internet retard, talking '''privacy''' in a question related to a product served and delivered from a pimp distributor who already has his MAC address, IP, name, activity and (if wallet activated) insight into his payment sources. Talking '''privacy''' without, apparently at least, being even aware of what type of data Larian would collect from him. Voluntarily at that.

Well done fuckhead, you should really post more here, many others like you.

Last edited by a moderator:

snoek

Cipher
I like their new office, it's definitely more interesting than the stereotypical office with a fake tiled roof and carpet. Needs some work, it seems, but they probably bought it (at least one would think they did) as a long term investment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom