Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny to release on November 10th of this year, gets new trailer and pre-order DLC

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Exci got butthurt :)

While i'm sorry to see you so (not being ironic), you do know deep down i'm right. First world products don't scale down to third world rates Exci. Never did, never shall.
And that's not unfair either. They live under different criteria than yours. Shape their life around those. Theirs. Not yours. Just how it is.
Leave the Sheldon Cooper retardness aside chump you are impressing nobody
As for your "deduction" it is quite simple, some things are worth more than other others even though they might cost the same; I payed full price in advance for Dark Souls 3 a couple of months before release, I paid full price the first weeks of release for Metal Gear V and wouldnt pay the same $60 for Tyranny because I dont belive it is worth that for what it will be
I might pay 25 30 tops but since the orices is not there I wont buy it until I feel the price is right for me or I have a cahnge of heart based on some good comments or reviews from people i respect...then I might pirate it and try it out and if it is worth it I will buy it from GoG on a sale
None of that has anything to do with ny maturity or economic level you retard... it is simply a matter of interest and value over price

Aenra

I see our resident Prosperland poster has joined the discussion. With a post of equivalent intellectual value.
Read before you think back. Think back before you post. Always a good general rule. Have already addressed the point of "someone's" giving a subjective value over something tangibly quantified. If you cannot grasp it, life is hard at times, but calling me a retard won't ever make you right.

To everyone else, as perhaps i should have begun from.. the beginning :)

Some of you are a by-product of your era (which is of course inevitable; but not an excuse). The era of "rights", "liberalism", perceived "equality" or the fight for it thereof, digital social media and their fault for being capable of proliferating even the dumbest of ideas as "facts". So, a bit of a wake up if you will:

Hobbies are NOT your right.
You do not have a right to own horses, you do not have a right to own spots cars, race cars, or 4digit hobbies (count the cost of a good gaming rig, plus upgrades, plus game units cost)
These are luxuries. Luxuries in life you should not expect to be able to enjoy, a priori, just because. That's NOT your right.
You have a right only in as far as your being left free to EARN them. That's your only "right".

Whether your personal conditions are such that forbid or allow a luxury, the rule does not change. A mature individual should be able to comprehend and distinguish want from need, capability from wishing. You sit down and figure whether something IS or is NOT for you.
And, to get back to point, if you can afford a luxury, if you EARNED it, you accommodate to the demands it has. On your life. On your budget. That's when you earn it.

So in THIS luxury, the 4digit one of gaem pixel killing (111!!!1!), its demands are a 2-5k (your games depending) rig, annual upgrades and usually a 45-60euro price tag per single gaming unit.
If, among said units, you find one you don't like, you don't buy it. Or you do and then (as you should), proceed to complain about its faults or perhaps decide to forgo purchasing another FROM said company.
You don't bitch about the unit pricing. That was SET, FIXED, for decades. You --chose-- this luxury, ergo you chose what it entails, financially. It's really that simple.

Confusing the quality of a one, specific game unit with the price your hobby has on your living is immature. Childish.
If somehow you've failed to grasp the above, you should cease the posting and consider what/how gave you such wrong ideas in the first place. And what that means. For your life. Grasp your reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I am really curious about the game. The setting is different, I dont expect them to ever reach the level of Judge Dredd or the feel of Dark Sun, but I really never expected them to make a game like this, and just go on to Pillars of Boredom 2.
The pieces of lore they have on their website are kinda interesting.

Devs have no balls... the main idea is good but it will probably be PC as hell.

Imagine a true necromancer tower simulator, where your main concern all throughout the game is how to best inflict oppression and terror. Or making you play as an Apostle in a world that has no Guts.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
You seem like you are chasing you own tail there Aenra. Dont put such a burden on you, you will grow old before you know it.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You seem like you are chasing you own tail there Aenra. Dont put such a burden on you, you will grow old before you know it.
Yeah the guy is kind of sad if he thinks I read his retardness as fuck shitposting
I would just set him on the Ignore list but that would be giving him too much importance let him slog away

jungl

Augur
woh whats this about pirating you googles talking about. Nobody pirates games anymore we kickstart them. I browse rpgs and games on steam then I go to my favorite kickstarter site and kick start them. THANK YOU kickstarter. Whenever I complain on steam about a game I bring up that Im a kickstarter backer and wtf developer needs to get his shit together.

Some people live in the third world and there is a limited amount of money they can make running scams on their neighbors and selling drugs to kids 10+ and up. Not everyone can be a $1000 backer.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am simply saying that I do not expect to get enjoyment worth 42 eur out of it

No one forces you to purchase. No one forces you (should you -choose- to purchase) to do so in a pricing above the range of everything else; same range. Still.

All these kind of arguments relate to me is:
- i am stingy
- i am literally incapable (financially)
- i am being juvenile. Ju-ve-ni-le. Gimme gimme gimme
I don't think that is true, I have paid in total 300 EUR between PoE, WL2, and TToN - and now thinking Tyranny is not worth 42 eur but rather 25 makes me stingy?
I'll check back once it's on sale, given your idea of fixed pricing steam sales are evil and wrong?

I want this, sure, but cheap. Just because. And if they don't make it cheaper, why they're bad, evul, dumb. Nope, you are. You as in figuratively :)

I don't if you are indirectly quoting me there but it have not said those things.

Only evil thing is inXile but that has nothing to do with pricing, but the fact they are offering a safe haven for nazis

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am simply saying that I do not expect to get enjoyment worth 42 eur out of it

No one forces you to purchase. No one forces you (should you -choose- to purchase) to do so in a pricing above the range of everything else; same range. Still.

All these kind of arguments relate to me is:
- i am stingy
- i am literally incapable (financially)
- i am being juvenile. Ju-ve-ni-le. Gimme gimme gimme

I want this, sure, but cheap. Just because. And if they don't make it cheaper, why they're bad, evul, dumb. Nope, you are. You as in figuratively :)

You can't have the pricing scale down to some third world shcmuck just because THEY expect everyone else to scale down to THEIR level.
You can't have the pricing scale down to what you, the arbitrarily defined ultimate judge of everything, think is O.K. in relation to what again YOU think it's (subjectively yes?) worth.
These are kiddy arguments. That you see them posted still, that you see them posted here as well, does not change that. This is not cars, toasters or window sills. Everything is subjective, reception-wise. So a grown up, he splits the o-bjective (the pricing, the regional differences and so on) with the sub-jective. Whether he likes it and therefore, whether he should purchase or refrain from. According to said sub-jective preferences. -NOT- the pricing. If the pricing is his issue, he should have a look at his life when it's 42 euros we're talking about.
Wow just wow. You seem to be missing Retarded tag since you seem to be actually serious with writing this.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
gZWSd88.jpg

I haven't been very present lately. Have we already made a buttplug joke?

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, you can't trust reviews because most people who work at gaming sites are shills, retards or hipsters after old school credit without anything of value to say. You can't even trust some random dude on the internet that often confuses "all opinion is subjective" with "I won't say anything of value", probably most people that are going to buy this at launch are going to be Obsidian fanboys and they aren't trustworthy by definition. So, the only reasonable things to do are waiting for a Roxxor type of review, if someone bothers with it, or waiting for a 75% off at steam but I dunno... with all material Obsidian dumped about this game this seems like even more of a rushed side gig than PoE was with the writing on the hands of highly suspicious weaboos, I dunno if I want to pay even R$ 20,00 Dilmas ($6,60 o US dollars) on it.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

Hey, man. Just making sure.

Also: I'm actually Excited With Reservations about this game in a way I certainly wasn't for PoE. I couldn't even finish PoE. Is this company going to overcome Sawyer getting rid of all the actually interesting and fun people surrounding him?

DeepOcean

Arcane
My fear is that Obsidian replaced the talented people like Ziets, Avellone and Gonzales for weaboos, there are talented writers all over the world but I'm not sure game developers are good at hiring them, they don't have a good track record into knowing what good writing is and what bad writing is, just see how pityful and absolute low are the standards for Blizzard in terms of writing and they have billions of dollars. My fear is while the concept may sound cool, bad writing ruined better settings. What is the point of having choice and consequence (assuming this isn't just a marketing gimmick) if reading the text is a painful activity? I have zero hopes for the combat of this game and still only bother following it for the possibility of I'm being wrong and it being a decent storyfag RPG but if the highly weaboo tone of the updates are on the game... boy... Obsidian becomming a low budget Blizzard would be confirmed.

What is worse, is that when those kinds of writers are hired, they develop friendship with people over there, other developers, and many times a game can sell despite its awful writing so bad writers can continue to dump their work for years to come unchallenged as Blizzard is a proof of that. Any of you remember how good was the writing on early Blizzard titles and how absolute shit they are these days?

You know, Miyazaki once complained that anime these days are made by people who are obsessed about them but don't know how real life people behave, they took over the japanese anime industry on such a way that it is impossible to find a writer that it isn't an anime obsessed introvert with zero experience of life and is only able to deal on cliches and tropes. I will wait, zero chance for this to be a D1P for me, if the writing is good and there is real C&C on it maybe a buy at 50% discounting for the shit combat.

It will be the writing that will make or break this game for me (the combat is hopeless) and I have a bad feeling about this.

Athelas

Arcane
My fear is that Obsidian replaced the talented people like Ziets, Avellone and Gonzales for weaboos, there are talented writers all over the world but I'm not sure game developers are good at hiring them, they don't have a good track record into knowing what good writing is and what bad writing is, just see how pityful and absolute low are the standards for Blizzard in terms of writing and they have billions of dollars.
Leonard_boyarsky-4-12-2016.jpg
:troll:

Any of you remember how good was the writing on early Blizzard titles and how absolute shit they are these days?
You mean, remember how bad the writing was in early Blizzard titles. I remember that whole storyline with Kerrigan falling completely flat with both the dialogue and voice actress making her sound more like a petulant schoolgirl than a warrior-queen who could believably usurp control over the Zerg.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
I liked this article by Shamus Young about the evolution of Blizzard's storytelling: http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=20150

Problem is that he doesn't understand what storytelling actually means and confuses it with the story itself, as pointed by his conclusion and the confusion with the first paragraph and how he mixes the two completely. Once you get past that simple definition issue for the sake of just reading the article, it's ok.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
My fear is that Obsidian replaced the talented people like Ziets, Avellone and Gonzales for weaboos, there are talented writers all over the world but I'm not sure game developers are good at hiring them, they don't have a good track record into knowing what good writing is and what bad writing is, just see how pityful and absolute low are the standards for Blizzard in terms of writing and they have billions of dollars. My fear is while the concept may sound cool, bad writing ruined better settings. What is the point of having choice and consequence (assuming this isn't just a marketing gimmick) if reading the text is a painful activity? I have zero hopes for the combat of this game and still only bother following it for the possibility of I'm being wrong and it being a decent storyfag RPG but if the highly weaboo tone of the updates are on the game... boy... Obsidian becomming a low budget Blizzard would be confirmed.

What is worse, is that when those kinds of writers are hired, they develop friendship with people over there, other developers, and many times a game can sell despite its awful writing so bad writers can continue to dump their work for years to come unchallenged as Blizzard is a proof of that. Any of you remember how good was the writing on early Blizzard titles and how absolute shit they are these days?

You know, Miyazaki once complained that anime these days are made by people who are obsessed about them but don't know how real life people behave, they took over the japanese anime industry on such a way that it is impossible to find a writer that it isn't an anime obsessed introvert with zero experience of life and is only able to deal on cliches and tropes. I will wait, zero chance for this to be a D1P for me, if the writing is good and there is real C&C on it maybe a buy at 50% discounting for the shit combat.

It will be the writing that will make or break this game for me (the combat is hopeless) and I have a bad feeling about this.

Solution is to abandon storyfaggotry

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I liked PoE well enough, but for some reason I'm not the least bit excited about this thing. Not sure why even! It's gotta be at least an OK game, right? Not a game worth 45 bucks, but hey! From the top of my head, I'm ASSUMING that surely Obsidian can't write a proper EVIL game. I'm ASSUMING they're pussies. A proper EVIL RPG, that actively forced you to play as an evil character, forced you to perform some heinous actions, while giving you plenty of seemingly-valid reasons for 'em, besides 'YOU'RE EVIL! RAAAAH!' could be a wonderful thing! Give you something to think about. Would have to be written well though, to get you to buy into the whole thing. I'm ASSUMING that this game won't be much different from an 'evil playthrough' of Mass Effect or some shit like that. So, whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom