Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

A horse of course

No, the sexual content is triggered by losing health/armour. It's a long-running debate in the h-game community due to the perception that most of these games essentially reward you for failing and encourage being bad at the game. Of course, you have to progress to see all the different monsters.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
RTK13: Making Yuan great again.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
the saga of space racism continues

2v9xfs9.jpg

u wot, i dindu nuffin

1zd1w0x.jpg

#darloklivesmatter

2ev3r7s.jpg

whiteys aint never gonna vote no nigga into office

15d638.jpg

sheeeeeeeeeeeet

rmrbmd.jpg

:rage:

okay I've had enough of those bug-eyed interdimensional freaks

bjco46.jpg

LET'S SEE HOW THEY ENJOY MY NEWLY FORMED FLEET OF 10 FRIGATES WITH NOTHING BUT TRACTOR BEAMS :x

DeepOcean

Arcane
No, the sexual content is triggered by losing health/armour. It's a long-running debate in the h-game community due to the perception that most of these games essentially reward you for failing and encourage being bad at the game. Of course, you have to progress to see all the different monsters.
Guess they are being more creative with fail states than 99% of game developers.:lol:

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That reminds me I had done a Hexen 2 album to post here but I didn't finish it because I could not be arsed to finish the Roman chapter. Still, here they are:

4JVpKpY.jpg

7Mpt1PK.jpg

ud89icZ.jpg

vDwvRuV.jpg

LAZDux4.jpg

2GkgEvn.jpg

cI8cJyC.jpg
32kjzmd.jpg

z7LEUCq.jpg

GhRKWZq.jpg

kzk1X2X.jpg

:philosoraptor:

18UJE78.jpg

pcfsdJp.jpg

00DQI9O.jpg

xceuwbQ.jpg

a5K9hbI.jpg

WRnWLqs.jpg

BygGJ0t.jpg

Too easy :smug:

9q8gJk9.jpg

A horse of course

Tomb Raider: Legend (2006)

Legend is what movie buffs might nowadays refer to as a "Re-Quel", or "reboot-slash-sequel". With the future of the Tomb Raider franchise now in their hands, U.S. developers Crystal Dynamics set about reimagining Lara for a new generation, drawing upon not only Core Design's original vision, but their own work on action-adventures such as the Soul Reaver, Pandemonium and Gex: Enter the Gecko. Toby Gard was brought back as a consultant, and a more muscular, athletic Lara was given a new background story involving the mysterious disappearance of her mother and Richard Croft's ruinous search for the mythical land of Avalon. The Paramount movies served as further inspiration, though another unusual addition to the character was an entourage of quirky sidekicks in the vein of popular TV series Relic Hunter. Keeley Hawes took over as Lara's new voice actress, and composer Peter Connelly was replaced by Troels Brun Folmann.

Controls are intuitive and responsive, though the loss of precise grid movement can occasionally lead to some irritating and inexplicable deaths - whereas in earlier games, performing the same action from the same spot would typically lead the same outcome each time, Legend sometimes flubs surface detection when performing leaps or trying to grab ledges. Still, the path through each level tends to be so blatantly signposted that these situations are rare. Speaking of blatant - the two most unwelcome and unnecessary additions to gameplay are quick-time-events (albeit more forgiving than in the 2013 reboot) and huge, ugly target markers on hostile foes. The latter are particularly pointless since I can't recall a single instance in previous titles where I didn't know what I was aiming at, and in Legend every shot is accompanied by a plethora of audio-visual feedback anyway. Puzzles return, though none on the same level of relative complexity as anything from The Last Revelation. The maps themselves are relatively short - the whole game totalling around eight hours playtime - and totally linear, leaning even more towards the Uncharted series than the 2013 game, with Lara blowing away hordes of mercenaries and the odd mammal between each platforming section.

The whole concept of "The Adventures of Lara-and-Friends" fits a little awkwardly into previous depictions of Lara's solitary nature, and these characters really exist for the sole purpose of blabbering in your ear every thirty seconds, just to remind you that there is a NARRATIVE and A DIVERSE CAST OF COLOURFUL CHARACTERS WITH WITTY DIALOGUE. I suppose it's preferable to the sullen theatrics of the cast in the 2013 game, however. Indeed, though the attempt to forge a deeper, more personal motivation for Lara's adventures comes across as somewhat rote, I'd take the bombastic comic book-esque antagonists over Father Mathias and the cultists any day. Visually, the game is reasonably attractive - if suffering from the smeared picture and muted colours that characterized the era - and Lara's breasts have clearly been augmented with the latest advances in physics and collision modelling (ironically, Toby Gard was responsible for the most provocative of Lara's outfits, despite his earlier complaints over Eidos' use of the character as a sex symbol). That said, getting a good Anti-Aliasing solution working is a pain in the ass, so I eventually settled on the awful in-built FXAA. The soundtrack is evocative enough, with some clever blending of different cultures and thematic cues. I'd certainly rate some of the tracks higher than a few of the lesser pieces in The Last Revelation or Chronicles' repetoires.

Left at that, I'd have dismissed Legend as moderately enjoyable but rather empty diversion for Tomb Raider fans. Unfortunately, Legend is absolutely riddled with bugs. Whilst the most serious crashes seemed to be fixed by fan patches, a frequent, repeatable glitch involves the mandatory final weapon in the game. Due to an animation and hit detection bug, Lara can easily kill herself with the Ur-Excalibur she picks up at the end of the penultimate level, and this pushes the already screamingly obnoxious final boss battle into previously unfathomable levels of bullshit. I would seriously play through the entire game a second time than repeat that shitty fight. The experience almost utterly poisoned any pleasant memories I had of earlier sections of Legend, and it's only thanks to several cans of monster and my XBOX One controller I got through it at all.

It seems rather petty now, though. For little did I know what was in store for me in the next fucking game... :negative:

UYHj0Z4.jpg
M2t98o9.jpg
3ld0eJj.jpg
FUFrYm3.jpg
HRlPhGh.jpg
pdeReUo.jpg
w3DsvNB.jpg
g0LLwqY.jpg
epxu81V.jpg
ExcxrPI.jpg
AYH7CqG.jpg
xVJ3sv3.jpg
xpiM4Xs.jpg
ZPfhIW4.jpg
m6fW01t.jpg
GXf0esb.jpg
VinMsSF.jpg
ih0uh9o.jpg
yJOAADU.jpg
pTHI6DM.jpg
SOUVo29.jpg
4eyUqXR.jpg
Gqb4V25.jpg
y548UGE.jpg
JYMLNgn.jpg
OJjYtVn.jpg
UvX9h20.jpg
zOwPBYI.jpg
70Jgcz1.jpg
HyEq6Sp.jpg
6L4xLIg.jpg
M3caF4a.jpg
3FhhunT.jpg
Hi2i6aO.jpg
ZoBsBsn.jpg
yqOL4WT.jpg
OSJilTn.jpg
wHwm4i7.jpg
mNWfi4R.jpg
pnHqxML.jpg
npCXCiI.jpg

A horse of course

It seems rather petty now, though. For little did I know what was in store for me in the next fucking game... :negative:
I somewhat like Underworld.

Guess some of the designers were trolling though, Lara is skinnier compared to Legend but her tits way more massive.

I just started Underworld and I'm enjoying it. I was referring to Anniversary, which was the worst TR title I've played so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I somewhat like Underworld.

Guess some of the designers were trolling though, Lara is skinnier compared to Legend but her tits way more massive.

I just started Underworld and I'm enjoying it. I was referring to Anniversary, which the worst TR title I've played so far.

I never managed to finish Underwold, playing this game always gave me a headache after a few minutes :(

It's the only video game which did this to me, Legend and Anniversary were fine (to play, Anniversary was indeed shit).

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
First game is too childish for me,But the sequels are pretty good.
I disagree. The first game is a decent/mediocre 3D platformer, while the 2 other games are just crap that was just doing whatever was popular at the time. Edgy transformations, vehicles and skate hoverboards, guns, open worlds; it's just bad.

A horse of course

I never managed to finish Underwold, playing this game always gave me a headache after a few minutes :(

It's the only video game which did this to me, Legend and Anniversary were fine (to play, Anniversary was indeed shit).

If you mean a literal headache, I think that might be related to the camera and/or dynamic texture streaming or motion blur solution. I noticed that the camera is extremely sensitive using the mouse controls (even more than previous games) and I actually had a faint moment of nausea myself in the first level (I'm pretty much immune to motion sickness from games, with the exception of the first oculus rift).

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

If you mean a literal headache, I think that might be related to the camera and/or dynamic texture streaming or motion blur solution. I noticed that the camera is extremely sensitive using the mouse controls (even more than previous games) and I actually had a faint moment of nausea myself in the first level (I'm pretty much immune to motion sickness from games, with the exception of the first oculus rift).

That must have been it, thanks for the information!
I'll try again someday with a lowered mouse sensitivity or by using a gamepad.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
To add content: some Postal 2: Paradise Lost
Osama represents the true religion of peace:
rccRQFe.jpg

UU7QX2P.jpg

9qBrkcq.jpg

RiSN5Zi.jpg

9mX2x1e.jpg

FK4nETu.jpg

c74T5rx.jpg

tIqlGsK.jpg

OtXdY9d.jpg

TNhYaI8.jpg

:shittydog:

ASXraCi.jpg

hbtzPPO.jpg

:obviously:

The expansion is fun and uses the same system as the original Postal 2: free roaming in the now post apocalyptic city while doing stupid tasks everyday, instead of a linear shooting slog like the previous Apocalypse Weekend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom